Sign in to follow this  
joe101

Mother's Side Or Father's Side?

As far as I know the experts can't agree on whether you inherit MPB from your Father's side, Mother's side, both, or it's just down to plain old random chance.

So I thought it would be interesting to ask people here about their families. The men on my Mother's side of the family (her brother and father) seemed to keep most hair right into old age.

However, my Father's brother and father both went bald quite early. On the other hand my father has only really started to go bald in the last few years (he's now late 50s)

I guess you can never really predict.

Hi again Joe,

its strange as it was only about 2 weeks ago that I met my biological father, I have never bothered about tracking him down but did and the only reason was to see if he was bald.. I, of course, did not tell him that. I met him with his brother and some other family members. He is 60 and has a bit less hair than I have now so it was good for me to see what I can expect, his brother on the other hand had far more hair and was about 5 years older.

On my mothers side there is no record of any hairloss, infact my grandfather still had a full head of hair when he died at nearly 80 and both my uncles also have loads of hair and are both in their 60's

So, I guess its just the luck of the draw... :(

Tim

I think it is the luck of the draw as well as my family is totally mixed,some bald,some thinning like me and some who have full heads of hair.

I`ve read that genes can skip a generation and then re-appear so imo you never really know.

I've never understood these "it comes from your mothers/fathers" side theories <_< like anything height eye colour, nose shape ect ect ... it can come from either side of the family its just totally random and I'd bet that every single person (including the likes of Brad Pitt) on earth has the genetics somewhere down the line to pass on m.p.b even if it has'nt been in your family on either side for generations.

I must get it from my mums side as all the men on my dads have all got full heads of hair, my dad, my grandad and my brother. Proper thick dark hair.

Although my mum was telling me that the only reason she is thin on top is due to having a scalp problem since she was young. Bloody hell this deppressed me even more

I get mine from my Dad, thats a facto.

He is a virtual full on Slaphead nowadays and so is my older brother too. We all have huge foreheads.

The Odd thing is or maybe its not is that my dads dad passed away at 90 years old with a total full bushy bonce

of white thick hair.

On my Mums side though , her brother etc well they all have good and fluffy thick hair tho.

Spotty. :( :rolleyes: