spex

Tim Uk

Hi Guys..

Back in the Uk now... very good flight, that free upgrade to business class was great, also the plane was only half full, so empty seats all around me,attendant told me that this is usual for their late Saturday flight from JFK to Stanstead.

Did chicken out a little and wrap a light bandaged around my head under the baseball cap, lucky in one way as I was asked to remove my cap and place it in the tray for the x-ray etc.. but in all honesty everything happend so quick that it would not have been a problem even without the bandage..

Overall, a great experience from start to finish, cannot believe how quick the last 2 weeks have gone... just the long, long wait now.

TimuK

Welcome home... you cant beat the feeling of knowing all the travelling is over.. and pulling up outside your house knowing its all done. Congrats ;)

I would highly recommend what you did, lightly wrapping a nice new bandage around your head before you travel home and loosly fitting your cap over it... it looks fine and nobody takes any notice at all. The 'Eminem' look! B) as for the security... I also was asked to remove my cap, I just said I have had surgery and I would need a private room... and they just let you through (thats happend twice).

Heal well and have a good sleep Tim!

:)

Cheers BH

Yep, I think the bandage thing was a good move, also ment that I could take me cap off now and again and get some fresh air to my head and have a good rub... without having to be paranoid. One of the aircrew saw me do this and said "poor guy, looks like your holiday did not go too well", sympathy.... wonderful, and even got me some extra snacks and beer....

BH, also right about the sleep, I did not think that the 5 hours time difference was going to effect me... about 11am thought I would just sit on the sofa and close my eyes for 5 mins, just woke up and still tired.. should sleep very well tonight...

Just have to face the real world tomorrow, not so bad as can work from home, but still a little worrying..

Cheers

TimuK

Hi all.

just getting impatient now... :)

just thought I would give a 2 week photo, grafts starting to shed now, noticed this yesterday when applying the Aloe Vera... should have shares in Boots the amount I am going through, have noticed the shaved area behind my HT growing back.. quicker than I thought..

Was thinking about an hour by hour update with photos but dont want to get banned :P

Cheers All

Tim

post-1950-1208886635_thumb.jpg

Looking good Tim,not long now and you`ll be in the doldrums waiting for it to sprout.

Then it will be wow .

Keep the updates coming.

Yep... 2 weeks is about the time mine started to disappear ... I wouldnt go overkill on the Aloe Vera... I didnt use any 2nd time around and just let nature take its course without using anything extra (that you rub on) apart from MSM.

Try and be patient Tim.. easier said than done tho.. I cant think of any other surgery that takes so long to reach the final outcome... surely a sex change wouldnt even take that long! :blink:

Cheers guys..

Will calm down on the Aloe Vera, think thats what is making me obsess over it at the moment.... still cant help looking.. will probably drive me crazy over the next few months but a little insanity can be ok.. I hope ?

Be patient.... be patient... be patient... be patient.....

TimuK

Hi guys..

it is ok that I am "super-shedding" at the moment...

seem to have lost the majority already and only now two and a half weeks post op...

Cheers all

Hi guys..

it is ok that I am "super-shedding" at the moment...

seem to have lost the majority already and only now two and a half weeks post op...

Cheers all

Its good news in a way... the sooner they go the sooner u'll see some regrowth.. u'r right on track ;)

Cheers BH...

Hi guys.. dont want to go overkill with photo's but thought I would post some of the donor area.. not sure how bad the shock loss is but areas on the sides are very visable, the hair on the back of my head was never very thick as my hair is very fine.... add to that the Uk HT's I had... say no more ...

anyway.. here are the pics... I seem to have healed well..

Spex, maybe you could advise.. I think that around the scar hair will be growing back that must have been shaved pre- strip removal and also from what I have read shock loss occurs more often below the strip ?

Cheers

TimuK

post-1950-1209134281_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1209134362_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1209134430_thumb.jpg

Looks good at this early stage - too soon to gauge if there's any shock - Just be patient mate :)

Spex..

I know.. must be patient..... promised myself time and time again that I would......its a virture :)

Cheers mate.

Tim

Indeed - i bet though at bang on 3 months you will be calling me asking me why it hasn't all grow yet ;)

Hi Spex..

I bet you think I will but I promise I that I will not hassle you at the 3 months mark... I would wait at least 12 weeks before I did anything like that :P

Cheers mate

TimuK

Spex,

tried to PM but will not let me for some reason.. so thought I would ask via here.

I know Dr F is busy but any chance of finding out a couple of things for me.. no rush..

I never asked how many grafts I had so wondered what I did get in the end, think it must have been between 2500 and 2700, also, how do I work out how many hairs that equates to.. ie... number of 1's 2's etc.

Also wondered about the state of my donor and if any left for the future.. not that I intend to have anymore and I will not give way to hair greed !! ;) I know the donor is thin and think I would prefer not to.. but...

Did Dr F have any good photos ?

Like I said, really no rush and more out of interest than anything..

Cheers mate

Tim

Hi Hairy..

I paid for between 2500 and 2700... I did know this but wondered how it equated to number of hairs ?

I guess my mind was on other things so forgot to ask.. :ph34r:

Hi Spex... just bumping this as think you may have missed what I asked..

No hurry as I know you and Dr F are busy busy...

Cheers mate

Tim

Spex,

tried to PM but will not let me for some reason.. so thought I would ask via here.

I know Dr F is busy but any chance of finding out a couple of things for me.. no rush..

I never asked how many grafts I had so wondered what I did get in the end, think it must have been between 2500 and 2700, also, how do I work out how many hairs that equates to.. ie... number of 1's 2's etc.

Also wondered about the state of my donor and if any left for the future.. not that I intend to have anymore and I will not give way to hair greed !! I know the donor is thin and think I would prefer not to.. but...

Did Dr F have any good photos ?

Like I said, really no rush and more out of interest than anything..

Cheers mate

Tim

Hi guys....

just thought I would pop an undated photo on here... today is exactly one month from my surgery date with Dr Feller..

Not too sure if all the grafts that are going to shed have shed !!.. Seem to have less native hair growing back than I had pre-op.... could be be shock ? or could be that I was going to loose it anyway..

I know its still early days

Cheers all

Tim

post-1950-1210251322_thumb.jpg

Still looking a little red mate - try some distilled witch hazel :)

Cheers Spex...

will pay a visit to boots, was using some witch hazel gel... girlfriend of mine said she thought that the distilled stuff would be better.... should listern to female advice !!

All is good with everything mate..

Tim

Well, exactly 5 weeks post op..

Just a little update for anyone who finds this thread in the future and is bored enough to read it all..

I know its far to early to comment on the new HT... so this is about recovery back to the condition immediately pre op.

Having a harder time with this post op period that I thought I would, think this was down to my unrealistic expectations of how my existing hair would grow back and cover everything up.

But.. on a lighter note I can see improvements, donor scar is slowly disappearing as the hair on the back of my head gets longer and I can feel the tell tale spikiness of shaved hair coming through.

(Have mentioned it before and will again.. if you are going to cut your hair pre-op.. check the blade on the hair clippers.. check them again.. and then once more for luck, I did not do this and cut my hair too short)..

My advice is to leave it as long as possible and then cut it after your HT... if you want to.

The redness seems to be fading.. I have some of my natural native hair growing on my hairline but only about 70% of what I did have... maybe shock loss.. who knows.. but I do think most of this would have been lost to MPB sooner or later. The hair that is coming back well is the old UK plugs... typical.

My good friend commented today on how bumpy and lumpy my scalp looked.. this is the first time she has ever seen the after effect of the UK surgery up close.. she had said originally that my hair looked fine and almost talked my out of my USA trip.. now she says she can see why and thinks I made the right choice...

Down time... now 5 weeks... would not be able to go out in public without the hat on.. am so grateful I am in a position where I can "stay out of sight".. and will be able to for another 5 weeks minimum..

My case is probably different to someone with a virgin scalp.. like I mentioned on another thread today.. we are all different etc etc etc.

Just to close.... even though this period seems bad I would not change the path I decided to take as I know in the long run things will be good and thinking about it the past 5 weeks have flown by.. time goes fast..

Cheers All

Tim

Hi all..

just a bit of an update as Spex has been kind enough to get hold of my pics taken by Dr Feller on the day of my surgery.. a before and after.. Have also included a pic taken today.. 47 days post op to be exact :)

Things going a little slower than I had hoped, my native seems to be taking an age to grow back... so base ball cap will be with me a bit longer. Another poster told me that a few months stuck with a base ball cap is well worth putting up with and a small sacrifice for getting rid of my old Uk HT pluggy look... which I have realised is very true.. onwards and upwards from here on in :)

Dr Feller placed grafts into the marked out area to form a new hairline but also went further back than I had expected between the old grafts.. which I am very pleased about..

post-1950-1211753744_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1211753761_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1211753872_thumb.jpg

hi guys..

2 months post op now..

just thought I would post an updated pic.. thought I would show some side by side shots.

pre-op

1 month post op

2 months post op

post-1950-1212931832_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1212931892_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1212931908_thumb.jpg

hi guys..

2 months post op now..

just thought I would post an updated pic.. thought I would show some side by side shots.

pre-op

1 month post op

2 months post op

That stage has to be the hardest... waiting for the start of things... thanks for the update... these will be good comparisons for you in another few months time. Keep the updates coming tim.. good growth ;)

Hi Guys.. just thought I would add some pics... now at 3 months... have included a 1 and 2 month pic for all to compare....

ops.. pics are wrong way round... from left to right... 8th July, 8th June, 8th May

post-1950-1215527224_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1215527250_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1215527274_thumb.jpg

You have done the hard slogg now mate - it only gets better from here on in B)

Grow well!!!

You are getting there Tim and it should be a lot easier for you from now on.

Looking good so far mate. The waiting game sucks

Never a truer word - The waiting game is a killer! <_<