Sign in to follow this  
bigmac

Hair Geek Meeting In Manchester

Hi guys

How many of you will be up for a meet up in Manchester to see how everyone is getting along,meet new people and generally have a good laugh.This week if its not too much short notice or next week.

If patients from various doctors turned up and newbies alike to see what can be achieved.

I can make it on a week night about 6pm onwards.

What about you guys.

Thanks Bri.

Yep Wednesday or Thursday after 6 is fine with me

The best place to meet up would be Piccadilly Gardens as this is just a short walk from where you will be getting off the train. There are plenty of hotels with meeting rooms and also plenty of bars too.

I shall look forward to it :)

Thats great Stevo

Thursday is good for me ,seee what anyone else says.

All good - i can do Thursday as up there anyway!

Great idea Bigmac! - Be great to have a "hair geek" meet ! I was planning on meeting with a couple of guys from Manchester soon so can try co-ordinate and see if they are wanting to come along too. B)

These meets are a great opportunity to meet actual patients and see real results in person and speak directly to the patients - Always great fun also!

Great idea - I am indeed up for it and can gladly help organise if you wish as done a few! - I was planning on being up in Manchester next week anyway as it happens for work as well so if we can do next Thursday would be great for me - the 17th April! - As it will save me two trips!

Great idea - I love a hair geek meets! Beers on you??

Here are a few others links to previouus geek meets:

London

London2

London 3

NYC

Say 7pm next Thursday!? Happy to help organise!

That would be great Spex if you could co ordinate this as all your meets have been a great success.

Thanks Bri.

Yep, I'd be up for a northern geek meet! However, I'd struggle during the week as its a bit of a trek after work. A weekend would be better for me.

A hair meet up north sounds great - Manchester (the capital city) beats all that jellied eel business in London anyday

Thursday is a bit tight - I would be able to meet for around an hour or so

Cheers

That would be great bearywierdy as you will be able to see numerous HTs all on one place and its great to meet the people you are talking to online.

I agree with you about the eels and London.lol

Happy to co-ordinate mate! Anyone interested email me at : spexhair@aol.com

Just checked my plan of action (rang the wife :unsure: ) I am up for April 17th , Thursday at 6.30pm -7pm meet in the city. How does this suit. I will have approx an 1hr then i will need to make my way home!

April 17th , Thursday at 6.30pm -7pm meet in the city?

Spex

Bigmac

Stevo

Lucky??

Beardywierdy??

Beardywierdy, I have replied to your PM mate - My PM is full so sorry for delay!

Stevo - location - can you suggest?

The Britannia hotel is quite central and easy for people to get to. They have there own bar inside the hotel and i wouldnt of thought it would be too busy on a Thursday night. Does this sound ok???

Half 6, 7 o clock next Thursday is fine for me.

hey gays

count me in , also sorry bigchuckymac but i stole your idear and posted it over on htn , hahahahaha gave you full credit my friend , good idear

idear stealing bastard

richie hahahahaha

teach you to mock my spelling of dr Feeler !

Hi

Spex has clarified with me that the meeting is Thursday 17th and not tomorrow (as I mistakenly thought)

I would have looked a right pr*ck asking the receptionist if she had seen some blokes who looked like they were once bald but now have hair.

LOL! :D

I am sure whoever first gets there can find a suitable place in the bar area but just incase just take my mobile no. along ;)

Hey fellas,

Don't want to put a downer on this thread or anything and I think these meet ups are a great idea BUT...in a public bar in a city? :blink:

Is this how they normally happen? I for one haven't left the house in 15 years without applying tons of concealer and even then feel very self-conscious about it. Are any of you guys who are planning on going fellow concealer users? And if so aren't you nervous about going out in public without it?

Again, sorry for being negative, just think you must all be very brave blokes (or your hair loss isn't as advanced as mine).

Cheers.

Hey fellas,

Don't want to put a downer on this thread or anything and I think these meet ups are a great idea BUT...in a public bar in a city?

Is this how they normally happen? I for one haven't left the house in 15 years without applying tons of concealer and even then feel very self-conscious about it. Are any of you guys who are planning on going fellow concealer users? And if so aren't you nervous about going out in public without it?

Again, sorry for being negative, just think you must all be very brave blokes (or your hair loss isn't as advanced as mine).

Cheers.

I have been doing these meets for several years all over the world and there is no issue at all tucking ourselves in a corner and putting the hairloss world to rights. We have done them in private rooms and public bars/restaurants - its no big deal as we are all there for the same reason - to talk about hair and find out more about Ht's etc.. - Some come with concealer on - many dont - these tend to he the satisfied HT patients.

A good HT mate shouldn't really need concealer and I know many of the guys will not be using it on the night as there is no need to - but a number of repair guys do wear it at these meets - its no big deal - We have all been there mate - thats what this support meets is all about! Talking openly and frankly and getting HONEST opinions and answers.

If you do not feel confident going out without concealer that it VERY restrictive - been there myself. Maybe you could come along with your concealer on and see HT's that have no concealer on and see HT's that when perfomed well need no concealer.

Hope this helps and hope you can make it!

Hi Longpig

No one will know what we are there for except the guys who are going along for the meet.

To joe public its just a ***** of people having a drink,you`d be surpried how many balding people would come over if they knew what was going on.

I wear concealer on my crown and its no big deal.

I was under the impression your ht was good and you were happy.It is a shame you cant make it as it would have beneficial for you.

Cheers Bri.

Have we got any idea of numbers for next week - who's attending etc. I will be there about 6 and will have to shoot off about 6.30- 6.45 but it would be good to see people.

Cheers

Beardy

A good HT mate shouldn't really need concealer

Spex,

I agree , but two of my three HTs are from the 1990's and for just 500gfts each! Unfortunately i've no choice but to use concealer. Without it, my HTs are obvious.

I was under the impression your ht was good and you were happy.

Hi Bigmac,

My HTs were ok for their time but they obviously wouldn't hold up against the best being performed today.

I know that I def need at least another 2000-2500 gfts before I can think about ditching the concealers.

I appreciate what you're both saying about the meet up. It's just that hair loss has been such a taboo subject for me for so long, there's just no way I could sit in a bar discussing it. Don't people give you funny looks - bunch of blokes sat around examining each other's hair? :P

Maybe they do - but who cares! - You will be surrounded by friends and IF anyone overheard the topic of conversation you would NEVER see those people again anyway.

We generally are so busy discussing hair and sharing experiences that you wouldn't even know if a bunch of Hooters girl sat down on the next table ;)

We tend to find a corner spot anyway - out the way - Its not like we all stand at the bar and shout down to the guy on the end "Where did you get yours done!!!";)

Only kidding with you mate - these meets are fun and work well - a lot of guys get a great deal out of them - If you do not want to come along thats your choice mate - no probs!

I am more than happy to meet uup anytime just you and me if that helps!

Spex

You wouldn't even know if a bunch of Hooters girl sat down on the next table ;)

You wanna bet???? :wacko:

You wouldn't even know if a bunch of Hooters girl sat down on the next table ;)

You wanna bet???? :wacko:

LMAO.... I think the subject of hair would change if a bunch of hooters girls walked in :lol:

The point i just tried to make has flow out the window now <_<

I think Spex is right, we all worry about people looking at us or overhearing things, remember, the average person has his/her own worries and you will not be the main topic of conversation for the rest of their lives..

On the "girls from hooters", could be a little distracting I suppose :P

hey fellow hair geeks

I rung the brittania hotel this evening and thursday 17th april is a quiet night with a quiet bar area available for our meet .

There is an NCP car park next to the hotel costs are £4 for 2 hours or £5 for 4 hours .

The train station is a 10 min walk away .

So the meet is at the Manchester Brittania hotel bar between 6-7pm thursday 17th april , hope to see you there .

Can somebody please put his post on pbhair as I'm having trouble logging on , thanks .

richie

chucky whats the crack on pb hair , can't log on and its annoying me ! how do I reset my cookies to log on ?

Hi Richie

Pb said it was sorted but i`ll ask him to pm you on here.

As for the Hooters walking in the bar,this would definately divert my attention from hair to them.

quote.

chucky whats the crack on pb hair , can't log on and its annoying me ! how do I reset my cookies to log on ?