BadHairUK

Dr Feller And His Team Saved My Life! :)

PLease keep us updated BHUK with your pics - Can you make the Presentationin September mate?

How you going BHUK? Any more updates?

Also hairroot - any?

How you going BHUK? Any more updates?

Hey Spex.

Been noticing some nasty shedding for the 1st time since taking the FIN, horrible feeling when you cromb through and each time it leaves hairs in the comb! I've read a few times that the guys on meds go through a shedding stage... I just hope it ends soon and grows back in the crown area where its shed from. Its been about 3-4 weeks now during this shed stage.. I have been thinking about stopping taking the FIN? You'll know how it feels if you have had this happen. I always knew I'd need filling in eventually in the crown.. I think I'll have that sorted in the future at some point.. Dr F is aware of it and said it wouldnt be any prob to fix.

But on a positive note... the work in my front 3rd that I have had is doing well.. I just took a few pics a few minutes ago.. so heres the latest pics.. I've just cut my hair shorter as it was getting a bit long.. I messed up my buzz cutter and chopped a lump of hair out on my right side a bit just over my ear.. so u may see a chunk of hair missing! :P

No Flash by the window.... (the thinner strip down the middle is where I need filling sometime to finish me off)

IPB Image

Flash...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

also.... my goal was to get my hair long enough for a Mohawk like my Avatar! :D I took this pic yesterday just for fun... before I cut it down a bit... (I'm growing it again now tho!)

IPB Image

Hope everyone is doing good... I know a lot of the time we are not doing so good...but the good times come with alot of patience.. so hang in there folks!

I am trying to take my mind of the whole HT thing as its been my whole life for a few years....so just trying to take step forward but will catch up on here every now and then :)

Great to hear you are doing well and enjoying life.Your hair is looking great.

badhair buddy !

looking great , grow it longer and get that mohawk going hahaahahaha

richie

Cheers mate.. next time I'm going to make it red/white/blue! ;)

I only did that on the spare of the moment for a laugh after washing my hair.. to copy my avatar.

:)

Great to hear you are doing well and enjoying life.Your hair is looking great.

Thanks BM.. hope all is good mate! ;)

badhair buddy !

looking great , grow it longer and get that mohawk going hahaahahaha

richie

You trying to tell me something PB? lol :D

:P That Mohawk style suits you - I'm not kidding!

:P That Mohawk style suits you - I'm not kidding!

I used to like watching 'The young ones' :D I kinda like it as well..lol my hair grows really fast.. within a few weeks it seems to need cutting. I stopped taking MSM about 5 months ago so its not anything to do with taking it.

Great stuff bro!!!! The shed will soon be over mate B)

Cheers mate, thats really what I was hoping to hear! How long does the shed phase last? (how long did u shed for) also... yesterday and this morning I didnt notice it as much at all.. hoping its now eased up. Mine lasted about 3 - 4 weeks. I started taking the FIN about 5 months ago! is this the time the shed happens now and then it comes back stronger over the next 7 months or so?

Thanks for all the positive feedback... this forum (and PB's) never fails to deliver ;)

BHUK

You will notice the longer you take fin/pro the shedds will be less frequent and be shorter in time length,i too used to last about 4 weeks or so on a shedd and get them twice a year :( ,it can really put you on a downer but as you have said it does come back stronger.

Now here is the thing,this Oct i have been on dut/avo for 2 years,i made the swich on advice from Spex after meeting up with him in the Sept,we did photos and talked about what i had tried and was planning. he said all the top Drs had seen great results from dut/avo,far better results than fin/pro which at that time i had been on for 4 years and still making good gains,so convinced by the top man i made the switch, fully expecting that as it was a stronger drug to have bigger and longer shedds, this Oct will be 2 years as i said earlier, and to this day have not yet had one shedd on it,the results have been fantastic,i am very pleased,i was looking forward to meeting up with Spex at the cancelled Birmingham meet to show him the results that would have at that time been 18 months,it would have been great to get some comparison photos.

I dont know if i am done shedding or maybe i will wake up one day with a pillow full of hair :unsure:,but if works carry on with it.

BHUK

You will notice the longer you take fin/pro the shedds will be less frequent and be shorter in time length,i too used to last about 4 weeks or so on a shedd and get them twice a year :( ,it can really put you on a downer but as you have said it does come back stronger.

Now here is the thing,this Oct i have been on dut/avo for 2 years,i made the swich on advice from Spex after meeting up with him in the Sept,we did photos and talked about what i had tried and was planning. he said all the top Drs had seen great results from dut/avo,far better results than fin/pro which at that time i had been on for 4 years and still making good gains,so convinced by the top man i made the switch, fully expecting that as it was a stronger drug to have bigger and longer shedds, this Oct will be 2 years as i said earlier, and to this day have not yet had one shedd on it,the results have been fantastic,i am very pleased,i was looking forward to meeting up with Spex at the cancelled Birmingham meet to show him the results that would have at that time been 18 months,it would have been great to get some comparison photos.

I dont know if i am done shedding or maybe i will wake up one day with a pillow full of hair :unsure:,but if works carry on with it.

Thanks tbf... very good info..good to hear how well things are going with u'r meds ;) think I'll stay with the FIN for now till I have seen the results after 1 year.. I think this is the timescale for seeing how things go with it. I am feeling a bit better knowing that its normal to shed for 4 weeks before it then starts to regrow fuller again.. I forgot about it being anything to do with the meds to start with... as this is my 1st experience of shedding on meds.. I think we all believe it wont happen when we start taking them.. but I guess this will get better now... until the next time..lol. It would be good if my crown thickens up by the end of the 12 months.. might not even need to have a HT again! (but wont count my lucky stars just yet!)

All the best with ur's, cheers.

BHUK,

Whatever you do mate, don't stop the fin!! Been using meds for the last 10 - 11 years and one thing I've learnt is to maintain consistency with them. This is just is just a shed and it will past. Your luck, your shed has still left you with a lot of hair...I remember my sheds, twice a year, I lost so much hair that I looked like a different person!!

Looking good by the way!!

The boy has done well B) Happy for you BH B)

Thanks mate, its good to have something back up there where it belongs... ;)

Just amazing Badhair, very happy it all turned out so well for you. Hope i am half as lucky :)

You will be in good shape and posting up your own hairy mop in no time.. ;) thanks, all the best mate :)

BHUK,

Whatever you do mate, don't stop the fin!! Been using meds for the last 10 - 11 years and one thing I've learnt is to maintain consistency with them. This is just is just a shed and it will past. Your luck, your shed has still left you with a lot of hair...I remember my sheds, twice a year, I lost so much hair that I looked like a different person!!

Sagg, cheers mate... this is the kinda thing I need to hear right now...appreciated hearing your advice on the meds (little bit scary hearing u lost so much! :huh: ) I'm still shedding a fair bit, noticed its still in the comb/sink think I lost about 40 hairs today with a comb count up, so hopefully I can see this through without being a billard ball before the end of this shed cycle.. whats the longest your sheds have lasted? I have continued to take the Fin as usual. Can I ask how soon do you notice the hair thicken up again after the shed? I am just biting off approx 1/5th each morning, so it wont be a perfect equal sized amount each time, is this an ok way to take it? sometimes I may get a smaller chunk than another day. But Dr Ashcroft mentioned when I started as long as you get at least 1/10th a day thats cool. ?

Cheers ;)

Just amazing Badhair, very happy it all turned out so well for you. Hope i am half as lucky :)

You will be in good shape and posting up your own hairy mop in no time.. ;) thanks, all the best mate :)

BHUK,

Sagg, cheers mate... this is the kinda thing I need to hear right now...appreciated hearing your advice on the meds (little bit scary hearing u lost so much! :huh: ) I'm still shedding a fair bit, noticed its still in the comb/sink think I lost about 40 hairs today with a comb count up, so hopefully I can see this through without being a billard ball before the end of this shed cycle.. whats the longest your sheds have lasted? I have continued to take the Fin as usual. Can I ask how soon do you notice the hair thicken up again after the shed? I am just biting off approx 1/5th each morning, so it wont be a perfect equal sized amount each time, is this an ok way to take it? sometimes I may get a smaller chunk than another day. But Dr Ashcroft mentioned when I started as long as you get at least 1/10th a day thats cool. ?

Cheers ;)

The good news is that the sheds to get shorter and less frequent. Typically, my sheds would last around 4 - 6 weeks afterwhich things would not get worse. The situation would remain stable and regrowth would start around month 3 after the shed started and things would improve considerably thereafter. For me, the meds made a MASSIVE difference. I started losing hair at 15 or 16, by 18 I had lost a lot of hair, but because I had very thick hair I could get away with it. But by 20, it became obvious...I started fin and minoxidil at 20 and 6 months into it...I had enough hair where I didn't look like I was going bald. I was able to pull this until around 26 - 27, afterwhich i had too much recession.

Trust me on this one mate...sheds are generally good, it means you are responding too treatment. I had to talk through / help a couple of mates a few years ago who were also going to stop after the initial thread. They stuck to it and came through it and both improved quite considerably. Two months...mate...thats all you have to give this!!

BHUK,

Cheers ;)

The good news is that the sheds to get shorter and less frequent. Typically, my sheds would last around 4 - 6 weeks afterwhich things would not get worse. The situation would remain stable and regrowth would start around month 3 after the shed started and things would improve considerably thereafter. For me, the meds made a MASSIVE difference. I started losing hair at 15 or 16, by 18 I had lost a lot of hair, but because I had very thick hair I could get away with it. But by 20, it became obvious...I started fin and minoxidil at 20 and 6 months into it...I had enough hair where I didn't look like I was going bald. I was able to pull this until around 26 - 27, afterwhich i had too much recession.

Trust me on this one mate...sheds are generally good, it means you are responding too treatment. I had to talk through / help a couple of mates a few years ago who were also going to stop after the initial thread. They stuck to it and came through it and both improved quite considerably. Two months...mate...thats all you have to give this!!

Cheers mate, just getting to hear directly from someone that has a whole lot more knowledge than me on these meds is super helpful. I can read all I want but it doesnt come accross as well as someone that has been in the same situ... mighty helpful.

I will stick with it.. but this is my 5th month on FIN, so did you mean I need another 2 months to see the hair start to come back? I think you said it takes 3 months after shedding to see some thickening up. But I have prob been shedding about 1 month now so hearing you say it can last up to 6 weeks is more reasuring, as I thought it wouldnt end :blink:

I am only taking 1/5th FIN on its own, hope I can get the same results as you! ;)

Quick update, the meds shedding stage seems to have calmed down now, also I have grown my hair a bit longer...and feel ok about the sheds.

I found a BEFORE pic! before any of my Feller repair work! This was a pic I found in file hidden away that I havent seen in a few years, and it just brought it home and reminded me of the HELL I used to endure.

I had to spend a good hour using strong gel and even then it just looked plain daft and embarressing.. but it was a case of having a CENTER PARTING! like a complete nob... or let everyone see my terrible and sickening hair transplant plugs!

I used to go into a busy office every day with my hair like this...... (makes me feel ill now to look at it with this center parting comb over!) but heres how I used to do it... and also... how it is NOW! I thought this would help guys in the same situation realise there is hope! (I was also 3 stone over weight then...used to comfort eat/drink) This was the pic I had to have taken for my security pass at work! How humiliating.

IPB Image

Feckin Awesome Man !!!!!

Has anyone asked you why you look so different?

Thanks Lucky! u'r a legend with u'r own results mate B)

I stayed away from anyone if I was without a hat unless I was at work.. I think the few people that have seen me wondered why I havent worn a hat in the last 5 months!? but never took it off for about 15 years before that! :D

It would be blindingly obvious tho to any of my old work mates that saw me before with the center parting comb over!!

I have still used this year as getting used to the change as I am still only on my 10th month post my 2nd HT.. Next year will be a new start for me :)

Feckin Awesome Man !!!!!

I stayed away from anyone if I was without a hat unless I was at work.. I think the few people that have seen me wondered why I havent worn a hat in the last 5 months!? but never took it off for about 15 years before that! :D

It would be blindingly obvious tho to any of my old work mates that saw me before with the center parting comb over!!

I have still used this year as getting used to the change as I am still only on my 10th month post my 2nd HT.. Next year will be a new start for me :)

Geez mate....what a difference!! Without even seeing your face...you look like a different person!! The difference is night and day. The first pic you look like a middle aged train spotter...and in the second you look like a young trendy dude!! B)

Feckin Awesome Man !!!!!

Geez mate....what a difference!! Without even seeing your face...you look like a different person!! The difference is night and day. The first pic you look like a middle aged train spotter...and in the second you look like a young trendy dude!! B)

Thanks Sagg you made my day! haha... :lol: yeh your 100% right on that! (the train spotter made me laugh) :P I completely lost my identity and it really wasnst a good look! :unsure:

(p.s do u think anyone noticed I was losing my hair? :rolleyes: )

BHUK - Can you put those new pics up here i saw on HLH?? :blink: You are looking good mate!!!

BHUK - Can you put those new pics up here i saw on HLH?? :blink: You are looking good mate!!!

OK, I have just copied and pasted...I didnt want to keep posting pics on here mate as I have over cooked it lately (someone requested these pics on HLH)

<blockquote>Quote

<hr><i>Originally posted by: <b>stilldeciding</b></i>

Thanks for these pix and congrats!

Can we see a close up of the hair pulled back as well, and a pic of the hair parted in the transplant area? very curious

No probs... I have taken a pic with a side parting... (although I never wear a parting) also... it is quite difficult for me to keep the hair back when its dry... as I have purposely had my hair angled forward as I only like to wear it forward.. but I have pulled it back as much as I can for you.. (please note I am a repair patient with quite a lot of scar tissue and used to have bad UK plugs like this...

IPB Image

a patient that has a virgin scalp would look far better than me).

IPB Image

Very enlarged and zoomed in pic....

IPB Image

This is a more life-like size... (my little finger is still twice the size it would be in real life in this pic)

IPB Image

If you are a repair guy, you will benifit more by these.

All the best and take care :)

3 MONTHS LATER....

LATEST UPDATE HERE: http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4135