Sign in to follow this  
smyth

My Progress

hey guys, i started receiding when i was about 19 , i realised when i was 21 that i was thinning at the front of my head between the temples, at this point i decided to shave my head and come to terms with the fact i had mpb, at first i thought what the hell , but as time went on i started to think theres gota be a way to beat this so i came on this forum and did research about proscar and started taking it 17 months ago. This was great for holding the hair i had left but the regrowth wasnt happening, so a month and a half ago i decided to start rogaine foam and has started growing hair back quite nicely, i just wish id have started earlier on the stuff. Anyways ive added some pics of before and some pics ive taken 2day. cheers.Craig.

p.s ive taken the pics in exactly the same place with my head facing the window so it gets full exposure.

then

IPB Image

IPB Image

now

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hi mate

You can definately see more hair in those later photos,you must be a good responder to the rogain foam.

A lot of doctors say they work best when used together.

Keep the updates coming as its great to see positive results with the meds.

WHW

Its like a mouse styling foam.You put it on your head and gently pat it down .It then starts to be absorbed into your scalp straight away and dries in about 10 mins.

Its so easy to use.

Cheers

It doesnt sound like it will clash with my Nanogen fibres then. I think i'll give it a go. How much is it?

Actually I just looked up that you have to apply it twice per day. This makes it a bit of a nightmare for me as it would mean that i would need to wash out my nanogen fibres in the evening aswell as the morning. Errrrrm

Hi Wayne

Its only recomended you use it twice per day,you can use it once if you prefer but i used it twice and i would apply it on top of my nanogen at night if i wasn`t washing my hair.Again 10 mins to dry.

You sound like me where i would not wash my hair every day to preserve my nanogen and do a small top up on my head the next morning.

I got my foam from minoxidil-direct.com and it worked out about £10 per can which a can lasts about a month.

Hope this helps.

fantastic results for such little time on the foam :) ,i used 5% regaine from oct 99 till Aug 04,and the last 2 and a half years of that use, i used it in conjuction with fin/pro,to be honsest i hated the stuff it made my head flaky, dry and itchy,and i have said this many times im 100% positive it made my hairloss worse,i just kept shedding with it but never grew it back :angry: .

The best thing i done with the stuff was to stop using it,and only use fin/pro.

i found my hair grew back more once i stopped use altogether.

Strange thing is i have been giving it some serious thought as to having ago at the foam stuff after seeing Northwests and now smyths results.

Smyth have you had any shedding with the foam so far?

thanks for the nice replies guys:D the foam is deffo worth investing in, its so easy to apply , i apply it to the temples and the bits in between , then rub it into the sclalp, no mess at all and u cud apply ur nanogen straight on top after a couple of mins no worries.

i havent had a shed with this foam yet, lol to be honest id totally forgot about the shedding stage, now im all worried lol :unsure: . the thing is ive never had the itchy n flaky scalp from this foam, ive read its meant to be a bit less harsh than the liquid, u shud give it a go m8.

I think the after pics are really impressive! Looks very much thicker than the before pics... well done.. you really have responded well looks great! B)

thanks alot badhairuk:D

well ive just been lookin through my other monthly photos and found this realllllyyy thin one, its quite shocking looking how bad it was back then

IPB Image

heres what it looks like now, im still thin on the temples and inbetween them but nowhere near as much as i was, im gona grow it now and see how it looks. lol and yes i am wearin the same t shirt , but its been washed i promise lol.

IPB Image

thanks alot badhairuk:D

well ive just been lookin through my other monthly photos and found this realllllyyy thin one, its quite shocking looking how bad it was back then

IPB Image

heres what it looks like now, im still thin on the temples and inbetween them but nowhere near as much as i was, im gona grow it now and see how it looks. lol and yes i am wearin the same t shirt , but its been washed i promise lol.

IPB Image

Really impressive results there mate! Bet you're well chuffed! Might get on the foam myself. Is it easy to use etc?

AAH

Looking really good Smyth.Hopefully it will keep on growing and thickening up for you.

thanks alot aah and bigmac, yer i hope it keeps thickenin up too, the only trouble ive found now is that as my hair gets longer the foam is harder to apply to the scalp. may have to get liquid. id say theres a good 8 months between the pics, but i only started the foam 4 months ago, if id ave started earlier on the foam id ave prob been even thicker now.

Smyth - Hi mate, great results.

You mentioned you were looking to buy the liquid instead of the foam as your hair is getting longer. Any joy with this? If so, can you post a link. Thanks

hiya m8 thankyou very much:D, erm...i decided to stick with the foam but i just have to move my hair out of the way so i can get it onto the scalp, liquids might be better for this but i just wudnt want the mess ive heard of from it. cheers.Craig.