Sign in to follow this  
northwest

Why Dont We Get The Best In The Uk

Just wondered why we don't get the likes of Feller

and Armani to name a few setting up in the UK,

I would think surgeons of there calibre would do very

well over here, and could show UK clinics a thing or too.

just don't understand how a place like the UK doesn't

seem to have 1 good surgeon

If I was an American I would'nt want to come here.

It is odd though you'd think that the UK would be able to produce 1 good surgeon, unless the new surgeons are learning (being trained) by the old ones.

I wish we did have but the reality is we do not. I consulted with supposedly the best 2 here and they were so far off the mark it was worrying in my opinion. Neither clinic installed me or my wife with any confidence hence why i am travelling.

Its actually cheaper also to get it done is the US by the best so there is no need for them to come here to perform as it would only mean their prices would increase due to training more staff, docs, rent, legal procedure to set up here etc..I spoke to Dr Feller on the phone about this.

7 hrs for £300 on a flight you can get to the likes of Feller if his dairy allows ;)

I have done over a year researching and consulting and the UK proved to me very early on and especially recently why they have the bad rep they do. They just do not have the skills, drive, caliber to compete with the US surgeons.

I am very miffed they don't as I would like nothing more than to have the procedure here but if you had the consultations I had and you experienced the lack of enthusiasm and saw the obviously HT result I have done you would travel too. There is good reason everyone says travel but you need to understand it and work it through for yourself to completely understand it for yourself.

The top North American surgeons take pride in their work; they want to be the best and strive for perfection - in fact they live and breathe HTs.

I think the british weather has some strong bearing on why top docs don't set up over here, plus the tax is higher

Lucky.. yep the Tax in the Uk is a killer.... born free, taxed to death..

I have always thought the Americans would produce better people in all sorts of areans, mainly due to the fact that the population is higher therefore statisticaly more chance of finding more experts. Also the Yanks seem to produce better technology faster.. pity as we used to be the best in the world. Maybe its also a case of Plastic surgery being more popular and being done for longer than here.. anyway, just my opinions..

Happy Easter All

Tim

pity as we used to be the best in the world.

I think it was just propaganda about being the best... a few decades ago people didn't travel as much and there wasn't the Internet, so people were brainwashed into thinking their country had the best of everything in the world. Having lived in a few different countries, I've noticed the same thing elsewhere - people in other countries also thought they were the best in the world. But nowadays people travel and the truth has come out <_< The best of British isn't the best in the world, especially as far as HTs go.