Sign in to follow this  
lollipop

Planning A Trip To New York

I have been reading all the forums for over a year and have now decided to have a 2500 strip session with Dr Feller to restore my hairline and front. I have had many consultations but felt Dr Feller was the best man for the job. The main reason i decided to go with Dr Feller was due to his honesty and manner over the phone when i discussed my case in depth thanks to pictures provided to him by Spex who i met 6 months ago. I originally wanted FUE (don't we all) but due to my potential further loss i want to make sure i have always got the donor supply to address any issues that will most certainly occur. I am not on propecia as i do not feel confident with it as i am very sensitive to any drug i put in my body.

I wanted to just inform everyone here although i know its been mentioned many times before that i feel very confident in my decision after much researching and I wish to thank many who have helped me with all my research without even knowing especially, hairroot, PB, seasidematt, steveyD, Bigmac and of course Spex.

I had various consultations with different places over the last year and it was quite amazing how the quotes differed.

Feller 2500

HW 2500

Farjo 1000

Norton 1000

Rogers 1200

Rahal 3500

Armani 5000+ (yes 5000+

Cole 1500

Jones 1500

Amazing really that i didn't rush into this as i so nearly went to one of the UK clinics but after further time spent reading all the forums i realise now how inappropriate that would have been and costly to me in a number of ways :( .

Thank you everyone for all your posts and time spent here. I hope to share my experience as it happens with pictures.

Paul

Hi lollipop

I`m pleased you have taken your time researching HTs and decided on a world class doctor.Looking at your quotes it must have been quite mind boggleing for you with such a variation in graft estimates.

Its good to see the forums have helped you and everyones input on them is of great help if you post once or a thousand times.Keep posting guys.

With you not wanting to go on propecia have you given any thought to rogain.

Anyway good luck with your procedure and please keep us updated

Thanks bigmac.

Armani 5000+!!!!! You have to laugh!

A> Its over kill and not needed - You are wasting future donor hair.

B> What a waste of money for all those extra grafts!!!

Feller is an excellent choice, Best of luck!

Only 5000 from Armani? So you must be at least a NW2 I guess? Then again 1000 from Norton and Farjo maybe you're totally bald. :unsure:

You have chosen well. One of the best Docs out there today. Glad you did your research i bet :) The quotes are expected as the low ones are by cr@ap clinics and well known for it and the high quote, well say no more! :(

Hi Lollipop

Yours is yet another post that confirms I am doing the right thing and that Dr Feller is the guy for the job... Have done loads of research but to be honest never contacted any other clinics, apart from my old Uk one just to see what they would suggest !!

Anyway, when are you planning to go ? I am due to be "under the knife" in just under 3 weeks time and sh***ing myself (with excitement of course).

Tim

All the best with your session Lolipop :)

The most drastic estimate deviation i ever heard was when 4 top docs told a patient he was not suitable at all and to wait a minimum of a year for a possible tiny session - but one clinic recommended 4000+ :blink:

It pays to do reseacrh as I always say :)

Good luck!

I have not rushed into this and was very lucky as stumbled across a post made by PB on Hairlosshelp forum sometime ago which made a great deal of sense to me :) .

I have tried regaine Bigmac but found it caused a great deal of inflamation and dry skin so i quickly stopped it.

I realy do not want to cause any reason for slagging matches by disclosing what different clinics quoted or said. All i want to do is share my research as i have taken a great deal of time to come to this decision and i can honestly say i am 100% confident with it.

I will most certainly keep you well informed and try to provide pictures as i know its very important. Without other guys doing the same previously i could have so easily made the wrong decision. :)

Good luck TIMuk. I leave in 3 days to NYC and will be having it next week, then intend to have a months holiday in USA B)

Cheers

Hi Lollipop..

Have a great time.. I am going to be in the Docs chair on the 8th April, flying out a couple fo days before to get my bearings etc.. then staying for nearly a couple of weeks after.. seen your other post about what to do while there. I am also wondering myself as I do not want to end up hiding in my hotel room for my entire stay.. so I've hired a car and intend to do some site seeing.. that is if I can handle driving on the wrong side of the road... should be an experience !!

Anway.. if you have access to the internet while you are over there make sure in keep us updated, I am taking my laptop and will probably drive everyone mad..

Tim