Sign in to follow this  
ncfm

Taking Proscar/ Propecia On Holiday

Hi Guys,

I'm going on two holidays this year (yay! first time in years :D ) and I'm heading to France then the States!!

Is it ok for me to take a packet of the proscar I got this from Dr.Ashcroft with me?

I'm worried about it being pulled out and me getting questioned at security, but I don't want to be away for 2 weeks without it! :blink:

I didn't take any with me last time I flew (short weekend trip) but this time I'm away for longer...

Anyone help?

Hi mate

I have taken mine to the States and Europe etc.

I just pack it in my suitcase in the box so if you do get searched they can see it is a prescription drug.I wouldn`t let it worry you about getting searched as you could also write the docs phone number on the box just incase.

Cheers Bri

be careful in some country's.

was an artical in the press regarding Arab country's in particular Dubai, were it was illegal to carry over the counter meds including paracetamol

people were being jailed for just having traces of these meds in ther urine. this also included transit passengers who were maybe flying onwards to Australia

have a read here

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g2954...king-Dubai.html

whilst most country's are ok it maybe worth checking with the local embassy's

Hi

Mine have been to Greece, Spain, Thailand etc with no probs. If anyone asks, tell them that you have prostate trouble.

I once went to Devon for a week and forgot them though- I was sh*tting myself all week thinking that my hair would fall out!!!!

this raises an important issue regarding taking any medications when travelling, not just Proscar.

in general, it's best to always keep medicines in the box that it comes in, if you're taking it on holiday with you. It's not so much a problem in Western countries like the US, because the customs/authorities are no doubt used to people travelling with pills etc... and in the unlikely event of you being apprehended, they can always analyse the stuff in their labs and confirm it's not illegal.

The same might not be true for other/less developed countries in the world - and you do hear horror stories, even if they're rare. Always better to be safe than sorry, and contact the British embassy in that country to ask if taking certain meds with you is OK.