Sign in to follow this  
spex

4100+ Grafts 1 Session

UK Patient - 4100+ grafts one session Dr Feller.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Looks like great work as usual Spex. Out of interest, what sort of graft numbers have been used in temple areas and how many are needed for realistic density?

If I get another ht it's an area i'll be wanting to address. but don't want to use up too many precious grafts!

Looks like great work as usual Spex. Out of interest, what sort of graft numbers have been used in temple areas and how many are needed for realistic density?

All depends on hair characteristics essentially in terms of how many are needed to create the illusion of density but per temple area approx 150/200 usuing this patient as an example.

Hope this helps mate :)

Great ultra refined work ,will be great to see the final result. :)

Why wasnt the round spot in the front grafted? as this hair is HIGHLY likely to disappear in the future. seems silly not to get the whole lot done at the same time and be finished with it. :rolleyes:

Good point Haggis - See Dr Fellers post below:

Posted February 28, 2008 06:14 PM Hide Post

Thank you for the kudos. That is an excellent question.

Since this patient is in his fifites and his forelock hair is thick and still very cosmetically significant, I suspect he will always have that hair. If he were 20 or even 30 I might have transplanted through it.

Another reason I didn't transplant through the area is because I felt it would have caused shockloss. Why fix what isn't broken? Combine this with the fact that he wanted to cover as much area as possible, and it became obvious that the best strategy was to bypass the forelock and implant more toward the midscalp. Nice and neat.

In the unlikely event he DOES lose a cosmetically significant amount of hair in that area, then a small surgery will fill it right in.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC

Great Neck, NY

516-487-3797

Hi all.

Dr Fellers reason and answer for why he did not cover the forelock seems very good to me. I will admit that it is this sort of post that convinces me he is very good at what he does and does have "us" HT patients best interests at heart. Each time I read a post like this it convinces me more and more that he is one of the good guys.

Tim (just under 6 weeks to go :D )

Good point Haggis - See Dr Fellers post below:

Posted February 28, 2008 06:14 PM Hide Post

Thank you for the kudos. That is an excellent question.

Since this patient is in his fifites and his forelock hair is thick and still very cosmetically significant, I suspect he will always have that hair. If he were 20 or even 30 I might have transplanted through it.

Another reason I didn't transplant through the area is because I felt it would have caused shockloss. Why fix what isn't broken? Combine this with the fact that he wanted to cover as much area as possible, and it became obvious that the best strategy was to bypass the forelock and implant more toward the midscalp. Nice and neat.

In the unlikely event he DOES lose a cosmetically significant amount of hair in that area, then a small surgery will fill it right in.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC

Great Neck, NY

516-487-3797

fair enough sounds like a good plan, i didnt realise the patient was so old.

Hi guys - here is "Jim" at 7 months post op. He recently returned to Dr Feller for further work into the crown - 2000+

For 7 months post op I think its safe to say he's a grower!! Much more to come in and further maturing but at 7 months he is truly happy! He sends his regards to the Manchester crew.

post-17-1224682689_thumb.jpg