Sign in to follow this  
hairymuff

Top 3 Clinics

There are 6 clinics I would trust with my own scalp:

Feller (US), Rahal (CAN), H&W (CAN), Lindsey (US), Shapiro (US) and HDC (Cyprus).

You have to remember that certain clinics have a better rep for say hairline design,dense packing,mega sessions,fue results etc so everyones top 3 will be different to the individual needs of the patient.

Some have an all round good rep for everything.

Patient feedback is the most important thing a clinic/doctor should use .

Ladies and gentlemen , in no particular order

Dr Feller

Dr Hasson and Dr Wong

Dr Rahal

I had consultations with all of the above , eventually chose Dr Feller , and very happy i am too

richie

Another meaningless, subjective 'best in the world' thread.

What is the point in these threads; there are too many HT 'tyre kickers' on these forums who have never had a transplant, (and never will) but seem to know all about the best doctors in the world.

Its about sharing opinions off the back of research actually but hey you know best. Also everyone on this topic apart from me ghas had a HT. I have seen these topics before and find them very helpful especially from people who have done years of research. Is your clinic not on the list, is that why your pissed <_< , or have you not had a HT either?

Another meaningless, subjective 'best in the world' thread.

What is the point in these threads; there are too many HT 'tyre kickers' on these forums who have never had a transplant, (and never will) but seem to know all about the best doctors in the world.

Hi BW

Everyone is just giving their opinion on who they prefer through their own research.I remember you were going to go with Dr Rogers for hairline work last year,is this still the case as you can list him amongst your top drs as its all about opinions.

You for one should be asking Dr Rogers for more results to be posted if you are still considering him.

Below is your quote on an earlier post re top docs and in my opinion your comments are silly to say the least and i`m not having a go at you just stating that you are criticising people who have a vast wealth of knowledge and if you dont agree with their choice ,put your choice forward.

These ‘Name the Top doc’ exercises always baffle me. Most people who can name the best doctor wouldn’t know a ‘top doc’ or a HT if it kicked them up the ar*e. These forums are invariably filled with HT ‘tyre kickers’ who are seemingly able to discern a top doc form a mediocre one. There are probably hundreds of good doctors quietly doing good work, without lavish marketing budgets or so called ‘patient counsellors’

"These ‘Name the Top doc’ exercises always baffle me. Most people who can name the best doctor wouldn’t know a ‘top doc’ or a HT if it kicked them up the ar*e. These forums are invariably filled with HT ‘tyre kickers’ who are seemingly able to discern a top doc form a mediocre one. There are probably hundreds of good doctors quietly doing good work, without lavish marketing budgets or so called ‘patient counsellors"

Let me try and explain something:

Yes there are 1000's of HT surgeons worldwide many of them very qualified and very skillful.

But this is no ordinary surgical op. Even the best surgeon in the world cant give you the perfect hairline to match that of mother nature.

Hairtransplantation is a very complex procedure, requiring not just the ability to relocate hairs but also the artistry to visually replace the patients lost hairs in a way that is both effective and natural looking. All the while minimising the evidence to try and hide the fact that any surgery has taken place.

The recipient has to wear the outcome of the surgeons efforts 24/7 for the rest of his life, there is a possibility of finished results being subject to inspection by every person the patient encounters. (believe me this is something I've learned about the hard way.) :(

Bearing all of this in mind who on earth would'nt want to give themselves the absolute best chance of getting a good end result.

This is precisely why we place such importantance with choosing those few surgeons who have that extra edge and can offer a higher level of excellence. Only a few in the world can really offer that elite standard of work that we all require.

As we all know we have set ourselves with very high standards, I've yet to find a HT patient who is 100% satisfied with their hair. We m.p.b sufferers are unfortunate enough to be experiencing this distressing and visually degraging condition and all we want is to try to put ourselves back the same level of those around us who are fortunate enough to not have to experience this.

As I've said before the nature of this industry is highly competitive, and those surgeons who prove they can achieve the best results will corner the market, whilst those who dont quite make the grade will be left to take what the can get and should'nt moan about it.

whilst those who dont quite make the grade will be left to take what the can get and should'nt moan about it.

But they do <_< And make out its all down to us patients or perspective ones who are all finacial reimbursed to highlight their floors. LMAO at that one! :lol:

I wasn't having a go at anyone- just trying to point out that it is too subjective thats all. I noticed that Armani wasn't in anyones choice- why not- why should he not be in the 'top 3' - what separates Rahal and Armani?

Fair enough, if it's your opinion then fine, but on which criteria do you judge the 'top 3'?

@Hairy muff- chill out son- I wasn't having a go at you- why become defensive and aggresive?

Cheers

Hi BW

Put Armani up with your choice if you think he is good.Are you considering him now.He is quite expensive.

Theres nothing stopping Armani patients posting their results on here for everyone to see .

I am calm thanks Dad, very. :) Just poitning out the facts. Who are planning surgery with?

I think if you don't understand why Aramni isn't in the list have a look through these couple of topics and it comes very clear. Let alone the lack of FUE result to date <_<

I suggest you do some more research before pulling the trigger. All the best with it!

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forum...61/m/9951013263

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...hl=non+surgical

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...&threadid=69220

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/message...VAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Hi Bigmac

Just wondering why he wasn't there.

You're right he is expensive and I think he has gone FUE only but I may be wrong.

I have spent nearly 6 years researching this HT business and for me, the same problems arise every time I come to make a decision: further loss. As you know, once you start you cannot stop.

I think I have come to a point where I will make a decision to leave it now for a year. As a NW2-3 at 38- it's not too bad. I think I will monitor my frontal loss for a year and then re-vistit the problem and make a decision. I have been on Proscar since 2002 and I might add minox to see if they work in synergy to help stop the frontal loss. My wife is due to give birth in summer so i will concentrate on that for now and stop obsessing with HTs and the forums

@Hairy Muff- Thanks for the patronizing comments but I have done enough research. Maybe you need to meet some patients of various clinics before making comments and lazily posting links from other forums.

Cheers cock.

Some people do experience regrowth with minox in the frontal region but its not that often.I hope it works for you.Has proscar not stopped your hairloss.

Armani does only fue now and is being questioned on results on all the forums.I reserve my opinion until i see more grown out results from him.

My wife is due to give birth in summer so i will concentrate on that for now and stop obsessing with HTs and the forums

Focus on that mate as much more important. Then in a years time after all the stress and sleepless nights your hair will have been tested to the max and you will know where you are at ;) Let me know if you need any help mate :)

Cheers Hairoot- thanks for the support- you're right though- i reckon after all those sleepless nights etc I will need a transplant!!

@bigmac- my problem was only ever frontal loss- a bit like Hairoot pre HT but I have a bit more. Proscar has helped thicken up on top (i get it on the NHS from my GP ;) ) and kept the crown in good nick but the front is still not stabilized. So I am wary, even at 38 about future hairloss. What if fin stops working or gets pulled by the govt? Even if you go up the NW scale by 1 every 5 years- what do you do? Have another strip session when you have lost enough? - you can't simply 'top up ' every year. I know that this is an ultra cautious approach but I always try and look at the worst case scenario. On the other hand you could get hit by a bus next week so why not take the plunge!!

think I might stop obsessing for a while, get a decent haircut and wait for a year and see where i am then.

Hairymuff- sorry to be negative, don't mean anything by it- good luck with your journey and hope it works out. We should stick together - there are too many out there willing to knock the follically challenged down- in fact last week near me (Manchester) a poor bloke was walking home from the pub and was attacked by a load of p*ssed teenage c*nts for being bald - he is now in a coma. What the f*cks going on there?

Cheers

Exactly guys - we are all in this together! B) As long as we all get the best result possible for us then it doesn't matter who we go to - The trick is research and meeting patients ;)

Shocking story BW :(

Beardywierdy..

I think that your comment about "whats going on there" should refer to everywhere, guy in a coma as he was picked on by these pricks for being bald... I read it everyday about everywhere, that poor guy who was kicked to death by some teenage scum.. country gone to the dogs... but thats a whole other topic !! Crazy !!

I think your doing the best by waiting, I know I should have done as my first HT at 28 !!

This opens another question for anyone..... when does hairloss stop, I have been told that the hair that is left by the time a man reaches 40 - 45 should stay for life ??

Tim

If you sit down and write a list of the top doctors in the world, you will have a very short list---- by this I mean the BEST docs--- docs who have YEARS of top results and happy patients.

There are several docs in the world who I would consider the best of the best.

There are probably 25 doctors who are very, very good and most of the time will deliver a great result.

Then there are hundreds of docs who do solid work, nothing great, but not bad either.

Then there are those who should look for other forms of employment.

In short, make sure when you put a doc up as "the best" you know what your talking about and why..... others will take that information and run with it!!!!

Spex is right on when he says we are all in this together, so make sure if you have a good experience, tell people about it.

Take Care,

Jason