Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Temple Recession

Hey there guys. I am 17 (1 week from 18) and have been on minox, nizoral and proscar/propecia for a few months now, with no real change as of yet. I am very confident that my hair on top will thicken with the proscar, but as it is not meant to be effective on the temples (where i use the minoxidil) i wondered what is, if anything. Anybody had any success with any form of treatment on temples because its really getting me down, i know they are the hardest area to keep but they are important to me and they dont really exist anymore. Cheers lads. :) Joe

the products ur using are better for the crown rather then the temples, u should really look into a hair transplant as that is by far the best way of getting a better hairline. best of luck mate

I am using the hair recovery cream from organiconline. It works on the temple.Hair regrowth after 2 months. You should use this for your temple.

lance

that guys a dickhead to be suggesting a 17 year old should get a hair transplant!...mate try spiro lotion or perhaps fluridil on your temples...dnt listen to knob jockey your faaaar to young to get a HT, imagine you do..and you end up losing hair behind your HT hairline, you will look a plonker..keep to the meds/lotions for now

Yes matey thats the plan! i know what you mean, but hes only trying to help! I am on minoxidil, nizoral a bit and proscar. I have most faith in the proscar! i hope to god it doesnt let me down! Just wanna keep what i got! Cheers, Joe

Jay , I have been using the naturalis hari recovery cream for 3 mhts now. My receding hairline stop . I am regrowing hair.

hairwego, no it is not visiscal. I stay wya from oral med. Just hear about the comments on them and you will know what i maen.

hope joe consider stopping the oral med if possible

cheerio!

lance

so this cream is for frontal baldness only.how long have you been receeding for?

how do u apply this cream and how much does it cost?

thanks lance.

i really need something to work.

do u use other treatments lance?

the transplant advice was bad advice from the guy jayjay but you can tell someone there wrong without called them dickheads,try and act a bit more grown up thfc, im sure he didnt do it on purpose.

lol! jayjay, stick up for yourself - or we'll all start calling you a 'knob' for no reason

You know... I would think - that for a 17-year-old, a hair transplant would be less damaging than propecia. A transplant being a simple re-arrangement of hair follicles, while propecia lowers the level of active testosterone (dihidrotestosterone) which is required for 17-year-olds, cuz they're still growing!

at 17, i'd only use topical medications for hair-loss - minoxidil, ucapil, nizoral etc.

have you seen your GP about taking propecia Joe? There are other reasons aside from genetics, that you could be losing your hair - ask your GP to refer you to a dermatologist - they'll run some tests to exclude anything else - iron deficiency is an example, would require a simple blood test to find out.

Good luck

so this cream is for frontal baldness only.how long have you been receeding for?

how do u apply this cream and how much does it cost?

thanks lance.

i really need something to work.

do u use other treatments lance?

I think this is what Lance is talking about:

http://www.organiconline.com.sg/shopcart1_UK.htm

Naturalis Hair Recovery Treatment £57

Here's the info:

http://www.organiconline.com.sg/hairrecovery.htm

I don't know whether it's worth a punt or not. The marketing seems to be geared towards women, so would it be potent enough for men?

and Lance what degree of re-growth did you get in 3 months? A few little short hairs or noticeably many hairs.

Spec's - have you got an opinion on this? :lol:

I'm suffering from the exact same thing as this guy here, and we're the same age more or less.

It's really very difficult to accept when you're this young, if I was significantly older I wouldn't care less.

Where do I start? what products should I look into?

Will the products on the market these days cause hair regrowth, or just strengthening what I have?

The reason i'm asking is because i'm a student, and as you could probably have guessed, i'm a little out of pocket for say, hmm, the next 3 years

It's really very difficult to accept when you're this young, if I was significantly older I wouldn't care less.

Not true - it's difficult to accept at any age...

PB_ (significantly older)

I agree PB. I am 40 old and it was still hard to take when my hair started thining this year. When I was younger I would have said losing hair would be easier to accept the older you get. But now I am that age and it's happening, it aint pretty :-(

I started losing my hair when I was a teenager and it has bothered me for more than 25 years now. Fortunately my hairloss was very slow and I made it to about 40 before becoming really bald. My father-in-law is 75 and has a full head of hair and a perfect hairline and out of spite, because I was bitter and jealous, I told him that there was a bald patch appearing on his crown (there wasn't really) and he freaked out, immediately checking with two mirrors and I found out later that he had actually been to see his doctor about it. So even at 75 it's hard to accept.

PB_

Sorry for not replying, I've been out of town for a while.

I'm not going to argue here, but I do agree that it must be hard at any age to accept, but from my point of view, if I personally was older, it wouldn't effect me so much. I can give an explanation if needed, but this doesn't really deserve that much of a greater discussion as it's only my opinion.

There must be some voodoo spell or ritual I can perform to make my hair regrow :(

Yeah, all people are different - I know plenty of people my age who have lost their hair and they say that they couldn't care less... I don't know if they are lying or not though :( When I told them about my plans for a HT they thought I was mad.

PB_

brioni,

works for men like me. hope this clears the gender issue.

i have a few regrowth 2nd month. follow by many hairs. how long eahc hiar? did not measure, i can see it is growing longer week ny week.

i put the cream on my forehead and i noticed that hte hair line has started to moved foreward. very visible. i am happy with the results so far.

one point though for folks who are using the cream. I use the cream on my grey hair. does not turn it black though. so skip trying. use the cream for regrowing hair instead.

Lance

cheer!