Sign in to follow this  
Dr Rogers

Usa Result

To restore some balance, perhaps some of you would like to make comment on this result.

It was performed last year in Florida. Bear in mind, this was in 2007, in America, not in the UK 1997, when strip HTs were still quite new.

Americans are generally more aware of cosmetic surgery (and internet savvy) than us Brits and hair transplantation is the commonest procedure for men in the USA.

It didn't turn out well for him, so he came back for repair back to the UK. So far doing nicely but my photos of him will be updated as time goes by.

So it is simplistic (and unpatriotic) to keep directing everybody across the Atlantic.

I'd like to quote (Spex, I think) that "he'd only trust three surgeons in the world with his hair." That's fine for him but those three surgeons couldn't cope with the demand, notwithstanding the fact they might retire, get sick etc. Then what happens?

Also bear in mind that roughly speaking, there are 1000 known hair transplant surgeons in the world. What are the other 997 to do?

post-343-1202816561_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816607_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816647_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816682_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816724_thumb.jpg

To restore some balance, perhaps some of you would like to make comment on this result.

post-343-1202816561_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816607_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816647_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816682_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202816724_thumb.jpg

Has this guy opted for the staple cycle like BAL? to close this scar? Mine was approx 5mm last time so I might need some way to close depending on how it works out end of the year. How many mm wide is his scar? The plugs are the closest I have seen to mine that I had by Nobel :( (least his are pointing in a similar direction even tho its the wrong way!) I really feel for this guy and know how he feels... all the best to him. I'm sure he will need a few procedures to cover that mess!

" Also bear in mind that roughly speaking, there are 1000 known hair transplant surgeons in the world. What are the other 997 to do ? "

Perhaps the other 997 should improve their standards

richie

" Also bear in mind that roughly speaking, there are 1000 known hair transplant surgeons in the world. What are the other 997 to do ? "

Perhaps the other 997 should improve their standards

richie

But they already have - at least the ones I see at the conferences who come from all over the world.

Perhaps in three years time, the top 3 of today will become yesterdays men. Some other doctors will overtake todays best. Such is life - the "Supercar" of 10 years ago can now be beaten by a hot hatchback. And that is a fact if you believe "Evo" magazine.

So it is simplistic (and unpatriotic) to keep directing everybody across the Atlantic

You are not comparing eggs with eggs at all Dr Rogers with all due respect. There are 1000's of HT clinics in the US and probably only 10 in the UK. Every UK clinic has bad press time after time from their patients, including you <_< . You have more unhappy patients posting then happy ones as mentioned previously here.

This guy shown here obviously didn't do his research and took a stab in the dark at a clinic in the US. Was it Bosley by any chance. The biggest butchers of them all on all accounts. Where has anyone mentioned that regardless who you go to in the US you will be fine?? :huh: The best HT clinics in the world all reside there though that much is true.

If he had done his research he would have seen that regardless of location there are only a handful of clinics that produce excellent results as a matter of standard. These do all reside in the US/Canada.

You quote Spex here who has probably seen a great deal of your work in person due to the guys who have mentioned on the forums they went to you first. Do you think Spex would have surgery with you knowing what he knows?? :unsure:

Look on HLH and HTN as there are 1000's of repair guys who all had their surgeries in the US. Do any of them say you need to travel to the UK to get the best. ;)

Hi Dr Rogers

Thanks for coming back to the forum.

This patient obviously went to a poor ht dr in America which there are quite a few and they get slated by the posters on the American forums and quite rightly so.

Would this patient be willing to post his experience on here and name the dr in America.We will be supportive towards him and everyone will want him to have had a positive experience with you.

Being patriotic has nothing to do with guys flying across the Atlantic,they make their own choice after being advised to do as much research as possible.As for the three drs again it is personal choice and spex`s three drs may not be my three drs.

I agree with you drs are improving all the time but if results are not posted and theres no patient feedback how are we to know and you could say better the devil you know.

I would like to see pictures of this patient when you feel the results can be seen.

Also any updates on your ht.

thanks

As for the three drs again it is personal choice and spex`s three drs may not be my three drs.

I couldn't agree more. Spex is not GOD and his opinion is his opinion not anyone elses. My 3 would be Feller, Wolf and Bisanga. Who's would yours be Bigmac?

I don't think anybody has claimed that all US doctors are great, just that the few top-notch doctors in the World happen to be located in North America. I know plenty of guys that have been butchered in the US. It's just that if you have a HT in the UK, you are virtually guaranteed a butchering.

You are not comparing eggs with eggs at all Dr Rogers with all due respect. There are 1000's of HT clinics in the US and probably only 10 in the UK. Every UK clinic has bad press time after time from their patients, including you <_< . You have more unhappy patients posting then happy ones as mentioned previously here.

This guy shown here obviously didn't do his research and took a stab in the dark at a clinic in the US. Was it Bosley by any chance. The biggest butchers of them all on all accounts. Where has anyone mentioned that regardless who you go to in the US you will be fine?? :huh: The best HT clinics in the world all reside there though that much is true.

If he had done his research he would have seen that regardless of location there are only a handful of clinics that produce excellent results as a matter of standard. These do all reside in the US/Canada.

Unquote

Well, there may be 1000's of clinics but there are only 750 registered HT docs with the ISHRS, of which about 500 are American. It stands to reason there will be some top class places there. And yes, only 10 of us here.

But if you do look through these forums, there are frequent comments of "get to the USA," without clarification. I urge everybody to think for themselves, do the research, take everything with a pinch of salt - especially on these sort of forums. There is a large amount of good information on them but I think it frequently gets swamped by personal agendas, financial agendas, general "if you don't agree with me, you must be my enemy etc."

I flit about the forums all over the place and there is too many to list.

Ones i know most about are Dr Feller.SMG.Wolf,Rahal,H&W,Gabel. the list can go on and on.

HDC in cyprus look promising.

Having a HT is'nt like buying a couch or getting a haircut, you cant afford to take any chances thats why the few DR's who have produced consistantly good results will corner the market, a few bad results here and there will ruin a reputation thats just how it is.

Give a guy a good HT and he'll be singing your praises, give him a bad one and you've got an enemy for life.

You cant complain that guys are recommending only a few top Dr's and not giving others a chance, as I said before its a highly competitive industry and those few Dr's who are at the very top of the performance league will corner the market. Those who dont quite make it to this level will have to take what they can get.

Well, there may be 1000's of clinics but there are only 750 registered HT docs with the ISHRS, of which about 500 are American. It stands to reason there will be some top class places there. And yes, only 10 of us here.

But if you do look through these forums, there are frequent comments of "get to the USA," without clarification. I urge everybody to think for themselves, do the research, take everything with a pinch of salt - especially on these sort of forums. There is a large amount of good information on them but I think it frequently gets swamped by personal agendas, financial agendas, general "if you don't agree with me, you must be my enemy etc."

The ISHRS means nothing. :( I could gets those letters next to my name if i was prepared to pay to get them like most have.

Many clinics names get bounced around as the best, they all do work out of the US /Canada. This is FACT Dr Rogers. Try discredit this forum all day long if it makes you feel better but your results do all the talking hence why anyone who spends even 30 mins researching will clearly see travelling to the US or Canada to one of the top clinics is the best way forward. Not chancing it here in the UK.

Get yourself on the main global forums Dr Rogers if this one is so incredibly agenda driven and share you result with other viewers. You choose not to as we all know so don't come here playing the victim all the time. Its growing tiring.

Your digging yourself an even bigger whole IMHO :rolleyes:

Norton are a member of ISHRS enough said!!! :o

Sorry to have to tell it like it is but although Dr Rodgers is by no means a butcher like all the other UK clinics (far from it) being the best in the UK is just not good enough if its still not up to the same standard as the best in the world.

I can understand his grievience at comments about the UK having no decent surgeons but the fact remains that I would never recommend anybody goes to any other than the few surgeons who are capable of giving truly good results. And as mentioned on these forums all of whom just happen to be found in either the US or Canada.

Dr. Rogers,

In my opinion, it would be best for you to stick to posting evidence of the quality of your work rather than fighting fire with fire. Clearly there are quality clinics and sub-par clinics all over the world. What patients are interested in is finding the hidden gems that they can trust with their heads.

I trust that in time and as you continue to improve your techniques, especially now that you are dissecting follicular unit grafts under microscopes, that patient results will become evidence.

My advice would be to continue working hard to evolve your techniques and post evidence of the quality of your results online.

As a side note, though I believe the ISHRS is an excellent educational organization for hair translant surgeons, it does nothing to prove surgical ability or skill. Even the extensive knowledge based "board certification" test provided by the ABHRS and becoming a diplomate does not test surgical skill.

Best wishes,

Bill (Falceros) - Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network

Ouch!

Good point Falceros. I think Rogers needs to address his own house and get it in order before he starts throwing out random rubbish such as this. Its very weak to be completely honest. He should spend time displaying his own results :rolleyes: Better still even get some of his 3500+ successful HT patients to post on here and on OTHER forums!

"In my opinion, it would be best for you to stick to posting evidence of the quality of your work rather than fighting fire with fire. Clearly there are quality clinics and sub-par clinics all over the world. What patients are interested in is finding the hidden gems that they can trust with their heads."

Hi Falceros

I'm sorry if you think I'm wrong to defend UK HT clinics but as I said right at the start of my post, I'm just addressing the balance. There are some pretty inflammatory titles to some of these threads eg "UK clinics exposed" etc and I don't think it's all fair comment. As you've just stated, you can't be assured of the result anywhere in the world and the USA is not an exception.

Also, Pat was complimentary about us during his visit, both to myself and my staff, so I think I can report that. We had a discussion about the use of microscopes for full microscopic dissection and that it was a requirement for inclusion in HTN.

Please do give my regards to Pat.

Dr. Rogers,

In my opinion, there is no reason to defend the UK clinics, only your own. Identifying with a pack of clinics is a mistake, in my opinion. Instead, prove that you are a shining star and that you stand out from the pack by producing quality results and displaying them online. This is what will ultimately build the trust and respect of the patient community. I offer this advice for the benefit of all.

I am not an advocate of self promotion by slamming other clinics. I have made this perfectly clear on the UK exposed thread on our forum. Physicians slamming other clinics (or targeting a select audience) is much like the mudslinging that goes on in a political campaign. Frankly, I think it makes both political candidates look bad.

Of course it is ok to say that Pat was complimentary of your clinic however, I wanted to clarify why you were not currently recommended on our community.

I hope to see more of the quality of your work over the next several months. If you are now dissecting follicular unit grafts under microscopes on a regular basis, I'd love to talk with you to see how your clinic has evolved since Pat's last visit.

Best wishes,

Bill (Falceros) - Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network

I'm sorry if you think I'm wrong to defend UK HT clinics but as I said right at the start of my post, I'm just addressing the balance.

Addressing the balance could take you some time...... :huh:

Hi Dr Rogers

Have you any updates.

Dr Rogers quote::::::::::::::

I urge everybody to think for themselves, do the research, take everything with a pinch of salt - especially on these sort of forums. There is a large amount of good information on them but I think it frequently gets swamped by personal agendas, financial agendas, general "if you don't agree with me, you must be my enemy etc."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I think you are totally off the mark with the above statement you made regarding this forum.I would like to know why you feel there are personal agenda`s on here.Is it because you are not being given credit as a ht doctor and therefor feel this forum is of no benefit to you.Myself and other forum members have asked you on numerous times to post on here and try to get former patients of yours posting,after all its free advertising for you as you are not charged for this service.

If it were not for this forum how many people would now be sitting at home with a rubbish ht from an unscrupulous doctor,there life on hold and in tatters.

The best possible outcome for you in my opinion is that more of your patients do post especially the larger sessions as its patient feedback that will get any doctor recognised for their abilities.

I trust you will reply and continue to post on here.

Thanks

Hi BigMac,

I think it is a fair comment, not just on this forum or other hair forums but probably on almost any other forum you stumble across.

I was looking for some information on a hobby site, nothing as "personal" as a hair transplant (so you would think people wouldn't become as emotional about stuff) but it was amazing to read how inflammatory it could get. If I can find the thread and link it, I'll post it but but eventually it ended with a regular poster summing it up - to paraphrase it:

"Guy posts, another guy disagrees, first guy starts posting his point more firmly, second guy disagrees even more firmly with long logical argument, first guy starts accusing second guy of idiocy/communism/mental health issues/being a shill for some company/government agent etc. Big bust up, thread closed by moderator."

So, it's just a statement of fact, forums are not agenda free. Neither are newspapers, TV, radio etc.

So it always pays to be a bit sceptical, whoever is posting or whatever you hear on the news.

It's up to my patients to post - I neither encourage nor discourage them. Most of them find me through the internet nowadays, some through these forums but most seem happy to carry on with their lives without getting involved.

I've certainly posted more pictures recently and on my website but I'm on here to clarify statements and balance up some of the negativity.

Hi Bigmac,

Dr Rogers, I can agree with your comments about forums, I was on one recently regarding Nokia Phones, one thread seemed to to going towards all out war and the subject was only regarding downloads, people get passionate about anything and everything !!

I will not go on as your point about good and bad everywhere is true, there are bad HT surgeons the world over. I am choosing to go to Dr Feller as I feel he can give me what I need, I have spent a long time researching and cannot say that I am happy with anything I have seen done recently in the UK. I am also fortunate that I can afford to do this and can take as much time off work as I like. If I had no choice but to have my HT carried out in the Uk then I think I would wait several years until some definate proof was available.

Like I said, people can get passionate about anything, those people with the Nokia problem are just stupid in my opinion, life is too short but when it comes to issues regarding our self image it tends to be more personal and intense... you know that peoples lives have been wrecked by bad surgery so therefore I think that this forum and others can get extremely protective.

Anyway, enough for a Sunday

Tim

Hi Dr Rogers

Thanks for replying

My main concern in your other post was you stating personal agendas as though certain members were trying to discredit you and only you.This is not the case in my opinion,there may be former patients of yours who aren`t happy and post their opinion of you which is fine as you have every right to reply and address the issue.

As Tim and yourself stated most forums do get a little heated from time to time because people have different opinions.I for one would rather a patient found these forums first,then done plenty of research before choosing a doctor as going for a life changing hair transplant is serious.Deciding on a clinic/doctors website alone is being naive as they are going to make it look as good as possible.Thats why honest patient feedback is essential.

A lot of people come to the forums looking for answers after receiving a poor hairtransplant which is why i did originally after making a bad choice through only looking at a website and believing all the crap that was written.This forum and others have educated me so much that i continue to post to help others and carry on educating myself.

I do hope more of your patients find the time to post and show their results.

Once again thanks for posting as some doctors/clinics would not bother and hope any issues just disappear.

Bri