Sign in to follow this  
Dr Rogers

Dr Rogers Patient

Here is a recent result who came for a crown infill this week. This patient wanted overall coverage and density, he was not focussing just on a low hairline. He's clearly a NW6 and so the initial surgery was front to mid vertex. I'll update his crown photos as they become available.

post-343-1202815198_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815221_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815233_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815249_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815283_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815312_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815358_thumb.jpg

Can we have graft count, and immediate post op pictures please also :)

Both these would be very helpful :)

About 3500 (but I'll check exact numbers for you) with an additional 1050 performed yesteday on the crown.

Sorry, I don't have immediate post ops as I tend not to take them routinely.

But everyone always requests them Dr Rogers as then we can see where you placed the grafts. <_<

But everyone always requests them Dr Rogers as then we can see where you placed the grafts. <_<

But surely it's pretty obvious where the grafts are put? For my own records, I have a diagram to fill in what I've done but in a patient like this, it really is very clear. Also, in many of my photos, you'll see pencil marks on the patient on the agreed site of hair transplantation. So I know and the patient has agreed where we are putting the grafts - before we start and the before photo acts as a record of that too.

The coverage looks good but with no close up its hard to tell density and placement .

I would like to see donor area,scar picture or fue donor area.

All the top clinics now use microscopes for cutting etc of the grafts.Have you implemented this now dr Rogers as when pat from htn visited your clinic this was not the case.You only used them for part of it.

I`m not critisising just asking if this is the case now as you state drs move on with the times.

Thanks Bri.

Here is a recent result who came for a crown infill this week. This patient wanted overall coverage and density, he was not focussing just on a low hairline. He's clearly a NW6 and so the initial surgery was front to mid vertex. I'll update his crown photos as they become available.

Thats not my idea of a nw6 especialy since the hair is buzzed short imagine it at 2 inches long. Bruce Willis or Sean Connery is a nw6, I must be a nw10 then!

Nice result. Is that Nanogen or Dermatch?

A bit below the belt there, :unsure: but this guy does have enough hair to use either of those 2 products.

He appeared to have quite a lot of hair to start with, just some diffuse thinning. Definite improvement though.

He appeared to have quite a lot of hair to start with, just some diffuse thinning. Definite improvement though.

In fact, all that hair is miniaturised - it wouldn't grow any longer than that fluffy 1-2cm. That's why the back and sides were cut so short. I'm sure some of you have done the same for those reasons. Even with Nanogen! it couldn't produce long, wavy, bushy hair as in the after photo.

There is no trickery in any of these photos - no concealers, no careful hairstyling, no gels, no special lighting.

You might argue about whether he is a NW5a or 6 on the chart but either way, there's a big area to cover.

Could you answer this question i asked earlier Dr Rogers

All the top clinics now use microscopes for cutting etc of the grafts.Have you implemented this now dr Rogers as when pat from htn visited your clinic this was not the case.You only used them for part of it.

I`m not critisising just asking if this is the case now as you state drs move on with the times.

Thanks Bri.

post-343-1202815198_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815221_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815249_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815283_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815312_thumb.jpg

post-343-1202815358_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post your photos Dr Rogers. I had a consultation with you last year and I was very impressed by your professional manner.

However, I have been reluctant to select you as my surgeon because you do not have many 'results' out there. Furthermore, I was also concerned about Pat's (HTN) review which stated you don't use microscopes for cutting of the grafts etc (as the previous post said, are you planning on implementing this new technology asap - if not, why not?)

It's my first post on this site because I am very sceptical about the expertise of European HT doctors. However, I do feel that you are treated harshly on the forums. I understand that Haggis had a HT with you a decade ago. My understanding is that HT technolgy has improved immensely since that time. Furthermore, many existing surgeons must have been working with 'sub-par' technology a decade ago. Also I have yet to see one surgeon without any unhappy patients.

Dr Rogers, I hope you will start being more active on the forums and implement microscopic techniques - because I'd rather have my HT in the UK and in my opinion you are the best HT surgeon in our territory.

Tel100

However, I do feel that you are treated harshly on the forums. I understand that Haggis had a HT with you a decade ago.

what about all the other unsatisfied patients?? dazzuk, belink999, etc.. recent patients who reported poor results. if you read through the forums via the search engines on various forums you can learn a lot ;)

i wouldn't be to worried about micrtoscopes but results from actual patients ;)

here was one very happy patient though: :huh:

IPB Image

1800 grafts

IPB Image

i thik i read this guy is off to see feller next as well. i considered rogers for my wellsbourne repair but after much research it is clear he is not anywhere near the standard of the top clinics. dont fall into the trap of geography as look at rogers prices to, he is more expense than a very good north american clinic with awesome patient feedback ;) something roger doesn't have any of which to me is very important

Yes, we have more microscopes and more of the staff are learning to be fully microscopic - but there is a learning curve. You can't just start being fully microscopic tomorrow without training the staff - which takes time. The main important parts of the process are already done under microscopic dissection and have been for about two years.

Once we are, then I'll ask Pat to review us. Don't forget, he was complimentary of our practice and admitted that not all HT doctors believe that full microscopic dissection is essential. This is certainly borne out talking to the doctors at the conferences. However, microscopes have become to be expected and so we are moving with the times too.

I wasn't aware this patient was unhappy and these pictures by his admission were still early stage and that later pics are much improved. That would be a very selective way of presenting an argument. Indeed, last I heard, he was a happy patient. However, I would hope he gets in touch either way as feedback, personally, to the doctor, is the best way to improve standards.

Good to hear you are implementing the latest techniques.

Any updates on your ht

thanks

not all HT doctors believe that full microscopic dissection is essential.

I'm guessing that most of those are in the UK, the results speak for themselves.

Once we are, then I'll ask Pat to review us. Don't forget, he was complimentary of our practice and admitted that not all HT doctors believe that full microscopic dissection is essential. This is certainly borne out talking to the doctors at the conferences. However, microscopes have become to be expected and so we are moving with the times too

Dr. Rogers,

Please be careful not to alter Pat's words.

Because not all the follicular unit grafts were cut under microscopes at the time of Pat's visit, we could not merit you for recommendation. We believe this is an essential requirement for our recommended physicians. I am pleased however, to hear that you are starting to adapt to the latest technique of using microscopes to dissect all follicular unit grafts. In time, I'd be happy to talk with you in order to learn how your clinic has evolved since Pat's visit.

I would encourage you however, to start getting in the habit of taking immediately postoperative, surgical, and scar photos as this will be a necessary part of the evaluation process.

By the way, the pictures you have presented here do look impressive. There is a definite overall improvement. However, I too would not classify this patient as a norwood 6, but a 5A.

Best wishes,

Bill (Falceros) - Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network

I would encourage you however, to start getting in the habit of taking immediately postoperative, surgical, and scar photos as this will be a necessary part of the evaluation process.

Appreciate you clarifying Falceros. Rogers has a habbit of altering things to suit <_<

We have been asking him that for a long time now.......... <_<

Dr. Rogers,

Please be careful not to alter Pat's words.

Because not all the follicular unit grafts were cut under microscopes at the time of Pat's visit, we could not merit you for recommendation. We believe this is an essential requirement for our recommended physicians. I am pleased however, to hear that you are starting to adapt to the latest technique of using microscopes to dissect all follicular unit grafts. In time, I'd be happy to talk with you in order to learn how your clinic has evolved since Pat's visit.

By the way, the pictures you have presented here do look impressive. There is a definite overall improvement. However, I too would not classify this patient as a norwood 6, but a 5A.

Best wishes,

Bill (Falceros) - Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network

I see Falceros didn't mention that (in bold) when using Dr Roger's lack of microscope use to promote the other UK clinic paying HTN's "fee" <_<

In the coming months, I hope to be able to talk with Dr. Rogers to see how his work has evolved over the last year.

I'm not discouraging you from consulting with him, only pointing out why he is not currently recommended here.

Best wishes,

Falc