Sign in to follow this  
JoshB

My Temple Pics

Hey everyone,

I've been losing my hair for a while now, and I'm becoming much more aware of it at my temples, it isn't a huge amount, but it is a loss, an empty space that was not empty at one time. I have drawn a line in paint in red to show where hair should be.

post-6001-1202762994_thumb.jpgpost-6001-1202762822_thumb.jpg

I am considering a hair transplant, Dr feller is a name that has appeared numerous times. I have seen his work, for months now checking the forum re-looking the same photos, amazing work. Well when I say considering, I am going to have a transplant if I am a good candidate, but was hoping for some 'custom' advice after seeing my head from some of you guys who have experienced this. I have read the very good topic by Spex and it sounds more painful than I thought, I'm a little scared when I think about it, but I know it's barely any price to pay for the result it could achieve.

I am also losing my hair at the crown but proscar seems to have very much slowed that down if not halted it. I hope that is the case and am now looking to fill in these gaps so I can be confident when the wind blows :)

Sorry I have gone off in all directions with this post. Basically I am asking what do you guys think, I am thinking from what I have read FUE is the way to go. How many grafts does it look like I would need? Anything else?

Oh, do I have to have my head shaved... at the back and front? is it not possible to have it without that :(

I can only dream about having as much hair as you, your hair is great mate!!

In my opinion you should stick to the meds and save yourself a fortune.

You don’t need a Hair Transplant……. ;)

I can only dream about having as much hair as you, your hair is great mate!!

In my opinion you should stick to the meds and save yourself a fortune.

You don’t need a Hair Transplant……. ;)

[childish winge]

Thanks :) I feel so silly when I wake up or do my hair and think and worry about my early stages of hairloss when I know there are people who are worse off than I currently am at my stage. I just see it so much, it's there in plain view. I'm worried someone is going to say to me... you're receeding.

Meds don't work for the frontal area as far as I know :( so HT is my only option to feel secure about my hair.

[/childish winge]

Hi Josh

Stevo `s not be funny or anything as you do have what appears to be great hair.

If you are uncomfortable with the slight recession in your temples and hairline i would go for fue.

Have a look at Hairoot,Max and Spex who all had similar work.

Whatever you decide good luck.

JoshB

Hi mate, Stevo is right and also Bigmac..

Your hairline reminds me of mine 20 years ago... if I knew then what I know now I would not have worried... back then (when I was a lad) I remember starting to use my mum's mirror as she had one of those with three sides so I could see my hair from all angels, getting paranoid etc... looking back I really had nothing to worry about as from your photos you hair looks good. But I do know where you are coming from. Its very easy for anyone to say that you have nothing to worry about... lots of people told me at the time I was being paranoid but this did not help....

I am not sure how old you are, I started thining around the age of 22 but it was only about 8 years later that is started to notice (and that was after an HT in the UK... another story).

Its how it affects you thats the most important thing.. If I had my time over again with the benefit of hindsight I would have just got on with life.. also you have the benefit of the medications..

You will do what makes you happiest... but if I were you I would carry on taking the meds and wait, like Stevo says, I think you dont need an HT and the longer you leave it the longer you give technology to improve... who knows what is just around the corner.. save the money and buy a flash car... dirty birds dont care about hairlines just the wheels they are taken home in..... :) :)

Sorry to rabbit on but I like too :P

Crikey, I agree! I was rejected by HT clinics in the early days and my recession was more noticeable than that.

If you've started noticing hairloss, get on the meds, and reassess in a couple of years.

Start taking Proscar, get on minoxidil and then go and travel around the world or save your money.

Come back in 10 years time but don't worry yet. I started losing at 26 and thought that I would be bald by 30- I am 38 now and still have a relativley decent head of hair (nw2-3)- I spent too many years worrying.

Get on the meds and get on with your life.

Cheers