Sign in to follow this  
boristheburglar1983

Best Company For Hair Transplant

As I am in the fairly early stages I was wondering if there are any companies out there that do hair transplants and price them up by the hairs so to speak.

I am probably a NW2 going towards an NW3, still have a fairly thick head of hair.

The transplants I see for 2000 odd hairs are for people on NW5/NW6 so I wouldn't need anywhere near 2000 hairs.

Plus i am hopefully starting a course of propecia on prescription along with regaine.

I am after a reputable company because I know there are a lot of con artists out there.

Any help would be most appreciated.

you sound a little confused but you are in the best place pocssible as there are many experienced guys here. i have not had a transplant yet but i am going to go with dr feller in new york as he has proven time and time agian to be the very best out there. there are other great clinics like hasson and wong and the likes but its feller for me.

if you are nw2/3 you will need approx 2000/2500 grafts it depends what you want to achieve.

see this link of various pictures to help get a better idea.

also grafts and hairs are different.

grafts is the normal term there are a couple of hairs per graft but guy like feller, hw disect them down so 1's at the front hairline but 2's behind. this is normal practise.

see link to many great pictures http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=727

avoid the uk :ph34r: and do not list to bs about they can perfom as well as the guys in the states as there is so many unhappy uk guys here and on other forums.

best look into traveling as its cheaper and you can get the best like feller,hw,etc

if in the uk also look at spex site as he helps so many uk repair guys out get in touch with feller.

you have found the right place to look at ht's and get good acurate info :)

The transplants I see for 2000 odd hairs are for people on NW5/NW6 so I wouldn't need anywhere near 2000 hairs.

A nw5/6 would need about 6-8,000 grafts thats about 13 - 18,000 individual hairs! :blink:

A nw5/6 would need about 6-8,000 grafts thats about 13 - 18,000 individual hairs! :blink:

Oh dear, err so I just wanna fill in the temples a little bit and bring the hairline forward a tad.

I aint gonna make myself an NW1 again, if I could get back to an NW2 I would be satisifed.

Do a few online consults to get a feel from the docs what you need.

Hair transplants are a mind field mate - spend 6 months minimum doing your research in a variety of places in order to gain a good around opinion on various top clinics. I personally would only trust my head with 2 or 3 clinics in the world but thats me. - Do your own research and consult with the top guys to get a feel for them. The graft count will be dependant on YOUR personal goal. We are all very different with different hair characteristics, donor supplies, loss patterns. All the se factors need to be taken into consideration regardless of size of HT initially - Think long term!

Use this info pack to gain an idea on HT'S and whats involved - Hair greed is a concept you need to be aware of ;)

Info pack