Sign in to follow this  
stevo

Stevo 1 Week Post Op!

Just a quick update

Well it’s been a week and everything is going great so far. The crown is still very red but I have been pilling on the Aloe Gel to try and get it looking back to normal as im back in work next Monday. The hair is covering the scar quite well, I think im just starting to get a bit of shockloss under the scar so I have ordered some Dermatch to help disguise it. Looking at me from the front you would never know that id had any work done as my fringe covers the work easy enough. I just hope I can get rid of the redness on the crown for next Monday….. Any ideas????

Ive posted some pics to show how it’s going but no matter how many pictures I take of the crown I can’t get the grafts to show up clear.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Just a quick update

Well it’s been a week and everything is going great so far. The crown is still very red but I have been pilling on the Aloe Gel to try and get it looking back to normal as im back in work next Monday. The hair is covering the scar quite well, I think im just starting to get a bit of shockloss under the scar so I have ordered some Dermatch to help disguise it. Looking at me from the front you would never know that id had any work done as my fringe covers the work easy enough. I just hope I can get rid of the redness on the crown for next Monday….. Any ideas????

Ive posted some pics to show how it’s going but no matter how many pictures I take of the crown I can’t get the grafts to show up clear.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mate, looking very good indeed, would of thought another week and the redness goes I know on one of the topics on here Spex recommends witchhazel to get rid of the redness, search for it on here.

What's Dermatch and what does it do, is it like Courve - is it a concealer?

Do you work in an office?

Hi Stevo

Looking very good, you must be very happy.

How long is your hair at the back of your head, am off to see Feller in April and trying to guess the best length to keep my hair to cover everything.

Cheers, Tim

Mate, looking very good indeed, would of thought another week and the redness goes I know on one of the topics on here Spex recommends witchhazel to get rid of the redness, search for it on here.

What's Dermatch and what does it do, is it like Courve - is it a concealer?

Do you work in an office?

Hi mate Yeah ive been using Witch Hazel along with Aloe Vera Gel so just keeping my fingers crossed over the redness.

Dermatch has the same idea as Courve as it’s a bit like make up and you paint it on to the area with the brush provided. This is supposed to be the best product for hiding the scar. I have never used Courve though.

No I don’t work in an office but im hoping to go back to work without a hat.

Hi Stevo

Looking very good, you must be very happy.

How long is your hair at the back of your head, am off to see Feller in April and trying to guess the best length to keep my hair to cover everything.

Cheers, Tim

Hi mate I like to keep my hair looking fairly short but if your going over to have work done it is recommended to keep the area longer at the back. My hair around the scar is only about an inch long and is covering the area quite well. I asked the Techs when they were shaving the area down to only shave off what was necessary and told them that I would be back in work in two weeks.

Good luck with everything mate and keep us up to date

Hi..

Just been speaking to a friend of mine.. A product which I have heard about is "Bio Oil"... available from Boots.. I have been told thats its good to use in helping reduce the "Redness" in scars and helps healing... for de-hydrated skin and the like ??

Several people around me seem to have used it for various things from scars from operations to stretch marks after giving birth !!

I am off to Boots to get some so will post any info from the bottle here soon as not sure if ok for HT's... anyone ??

Tim

Hi..

Just been speaking to a friend of mine.. A product which I have heard about is "Bio Oil"... available from Boots.. I have been told thats its good to use in helping reduce the "Redness" in scars and helps healing... for de-hydrated skin and the like ??

Several people around me seem to have used it for various things from scars from operations to stretch marks after giving birth !!

I am off to Boots to get some so will post any info from the bottle here soon as not sure if ok for HT's... anyone ??

Tim

yeah ive heard of guys using after hts-again i cant tell pre op guys the importance of drinking water post op and im talking litres to the point of you being sick of it!

The hair is covering the scar quite well, I think im just starting to get a bit of shockloss under the scar so I have ordered some Dermatch to help disguise it.

Using a spray type concealer such as Mane or Cover up would be better, much easier to apply without clumping up the hair, abit like airbrushing along the scarline.

Hi..

Tim

Yeah let us know how you get on mate.

Using a spray type concealer such as Mane or Cover up would be better, much easier to apply without clumping up the hair, abit like airbrushing along the scarline.

I tried a spray concealer last time Fullmore it was called and i couldnt judge how much was going to come out each time i sprayed it. It came out too thick so i just binned it but i suppose it takes practice like any concealer.

The scar is looking great mate, really is for one week out.Long hair at the back is defo the answer. Your crown doesnt look too bad mate, just say you burnt it on holiday or something? :D

Bio Oil...

bought some today and even the woman serving in boots mentioed that she that it was a great product and has used it for years !!

It seems that everyone I have talked to who knows about this thinks its a good thing. One guy I work with cut his arm with a stanley knife and has used if for about 4 months, difficult to tell if if did anything but say it helped alot ?

I have bought a 125ml bottle and on the box its seems its good for everything to do with scars and skin. Not the cheapest thing in the world, was about £15.00, but told it last forever as its oily and you do not need much..

All the ingredients seem to be natural.. the website is ok and best have a look for yourself, was going to type out the info but would take forever. www.bio-oil.com

There are guys on here who are very good when it comes to research on whats good or bad for HT's. My only concern is that I cannot find a reference to when its safe to use.. when to start applying after an HT ?

But will say again, its seems to be something that people I know have used for years and all say its good..

Also, Stevo, thanks for info re hair length, my hair is always about an inch long (grade 8), so think that should be ok.

Cheers

Tim

The scar is looking great mate, really is for one week out.Long hair at the back is defo the answer. Your crown doesnt look too bad mate, just say you burnt it on holiday or something? :D

Cheers Tommy Two ;)

Bio Oil...

bought some today and even the woman serving in boots mentioed that she that it was a great product and has used it for years !!

It seems that everyone I have talked to who knows about this thinks its a good thing. One guy I work with cut his arm with a stanley knife and has used if for about 4 months, difficult to tell if if did anything but say it helped alot ?

I have bought a 125ml bottle and on the box its seems its good for everything to do with scars and skin. Not the cheapest thing in the world, was about £15.00, but told it last forever as its oily and you do not need much..

All the ingredients seem to be natural.. the website is ok and best have a look for yourself, was going to type out the info but would take forever. www.bio-oil.com

There are guys on here who are very good when it comes to research on whats good or bad for HT's. My only concern is that I cannot find a reference to when its safe to use.. when to start applying after an HT ?

But will say again, its seems to be something that people I know have used for years and all say its good..

Also, Stevo, thanks for info re hair length, my hair is always about an inch long (grade 8), so think that should be ok.

Cheers

Tim

Great work Tim! Ive just been reading up on the site and it looks great I have been after something specifically for scars so I will definitely give this a go.

Obviously we shouldn’t start using it until after the staples are out but how soon after the staples are out????

According to the site 3 weeks is a good time to start

3. Proliferative phase

This phase begins around day 3 and continues for about 3 weeks. Three different processes occur simultaneously in this phase to close and bind the wound:

Granulization - cells called fibroblasts create collagen to fill the wound

Ephithelialization - a layer of skin is provided to cover the wound

Wound contraction – the wound is pulled together in an attempt to minimize the defect

Thanks bud i'll be going to Boots tomorrow morning to get some!!

Stevo,

glad to be of help, also well done with the 3 weeks bit.

Let me know how you get on with it as its another 12 weeks before I will need it..

Tim

Hi Stevo..

just wondered how it was going.. did the bio oil help. I started using it a few weeks ago on the recipient.. dont know if it was just coincidence but the redness seemed to have started to fade quicker from then. Only just started to apply to the donor scar..

Cheers mate

Tim

Yea some updates Stevo please.

Your pictures have gone as well,you must have removed them from photobucket.

Hi Stevo..

just wondered how it was going.. did the bio oil help. I started using it a few weeks ago on the recipient.. dont know if it was just coincidence but the redness seemed to have started to fade quicker from then. Only just started to apply to the donor scar..

Cheers mate

Tim

Hi mate, i did use the Bio Oil on the scar for about the first three months and what i noticed was that the scar didnt feel as tight as it did after my first HT. This hasnt stopped my scar stretching though, the right hand side and the back of the scar are fine but it has strethed again on the left hand side the same place as last time :(

Yep im well overdue an update but unfortunately there is nothing to show, no growth in the crown or nothing to brag about anyway. I will take some pics when i get a sec.

Cheers Stevo..

sorry to hear about the scar..

I have not exaimned mine much... more interested in the top of my head :)

I did notice when I started applying the Bio-oil that the right hand side feels different from the back and left side.. think it has stretched a bit as feels like a ridge ??

Never mind.. so 4 months and not much happening.. is that because its crown work.. I have read that this area seems to take longer to grow..

Anyway.. looking forward to your updated pics soon.

Cheers mate

Tim

Crowns are much slower so it will all happen in good time - just be patient - I know you know B)

I am sure Feller can take a look at you scar in September and offer advice re: FUE into it ;)

Scars can stretch unfortunately but try not worry too much as they can often be diluted via FUE - i am proof B)

Grow well mate and call me B)