Sign in to follow this  
stevo

Stevo! Ht No2 Dr Feller. 28/01/08

Hi all

Just got back this morning and everything went great. Dr Feller and his staff were amazing once again. I ended up getting 2600 grafts.

Arrived in NYC 12 noon on the Sat, stayed in the Wellington on Sat night. Done all the city stuff on the Sat and most of the day on Sunday. Got the train from Penn Station to Great Neck at about 5 pm on Sunday and this cost $14 and took about half an hour. I stayed in The Andrew in Great Neck on Sunday and Monday night and had the op on the Monday. The Andrew is a nice hotel as people have already mentioned and Great Neck itself is a very nice place, very quiet. I photo copied a map that someone had put on this site that shows you the directions from the Andrew to Dr Feller’s office and took it with me so that I could walk to Feller’s from the hotel. Done a dummy run on the Sunday and walked to Dr Feller’s on the Monday for the op. (Nice walk)

Got to the doc’s office at about 7.20 and the doc turned up at about the same time. I went through with the doc what I was after which was getting my crown filled in and to slightly lower the hairline. I have been pondering on what to do for round 2 for a while now and in the end I figured that I just want the crown filling in and the hairline lowering. I could of gone and got the hole area thickend up but all I have to do with my hair is ad a little topic fibres and it looks great (a lot thicker) so instead of thickening up I decided on lowering the hairline and filling the crown in to give me complete coverage Dr Feller agreed that this was a good plan.

So the op was pretty much the same as everybody explains it. Dr Feller drew in the new hairline and the pattern in which the hairs will go in the crown. One of the techs then shaves the donor area where the strip is going to be taken from. Then off for the injections to numb the donor area (ouch) there not that bad really and then the doc takes out the strip and the techs begin to separate the grafts. I didn’t need that much shaving down on the recipient area because my crown was pretty much slap bald and the front was just getting lowered. The doc then does all the incisions for the recipient area which takes time and complete concentration and then it’s time for the techs to come in and insert the new grafts. Sounds dead easy but we was there from 7.30 till about 3.30 so it can be a long day. My crown didn’t bleed so much for the techs but my forehead was really bad for some reason Dr Feller says I have scar tissue on my forehead and this is probably the reason. Ive probably missed bits out from the day but you get the drift.

Dr Feller is not only a great surgeon but a great guy too. I forgot to pick up my painkillers that the doc prescribes and got back to the hotel with no painkillers (bad move). Dr Feller went out of his way to come up to my hotel to drop the painkillers off for me. Thanks for that mate. (and thanks spex for getting the no for me)

All in all everything went well I even went down to Feller Medical on the Tuesday and watched Dr Feller performing an FUE surgery which was very interesting to see how it is done.

So now im a day and a half post op and my recipient area is itching like mad but I cant touch it. I have cleansed it this morning when I got back and I think im going to do it again now to try and stop the itching.

Nice one stevo,it will be great to see your pictures and the end result of both hts.

When do you fly out Pete? Where are you staying?

Stevo, i fly out this saturday morning, and having the op on monday.

I will be staying in manhattan over the wkd and then stay at the andrew.

Well done stevo

Going to look great in 12 months ,but you know that being a hair surgery veteran hahaha

You previously had over 3000 grafts with HT1 and 2600 with HT2 , 5600 grafts way to go !!!!

Do you know how many grafts were implanted into you crown and how many into hair line with HT2 ?

richie

Cheers guys !

Stevo, i fly out this saturday morning, and having the op on monday.

I will be staying in manhattan over the wkd and then stay at the andrew.

Good luck with it all Pete i bet you cant wait now

Do you know how many grafts were implanted into you crown and how many into hair line with HT2 ?

richie

Yeah the doc planted 1600 into the crown and 1000 into the hairline.

That scar is amazing! And the crown is totally covered :D great result for a NW6.

Yeah hopefully mate. I asked the techs to just shave what was necessary on the donor area.

Looks excellent stevo... i look forward to seeing how it growns out.. i wont be far behind you.. i got round 2 ont the 8th Feb.

I look forward to seeing how it grows out too! Good look with round 2 mate not long now!

Looks great Stevo :)

How did the doc do the crown - was it a swirly pattern that you sometimes see?

I know you grow your hair slightly longer above the strip when shaving down, what width blade do you use when you do that - do you use a beard trimmer as they are narrower than ordinary clippers?

I'm out in two weeks :)

Thanks for all the support guy's

I know you grow your hair slightly longer above the strip when shaving down, what width blade do you use when you do that - do you use a beard trimmer as they are narrower than ordinary clippers?

Cheers Seaside Matt.

Yes the doc planted the grafts in the crown in a swirl pattern that followed how my very fine remaining hair that was already in my crown was. It is hard to tell in the pics but that is how he done it.

When cutting my hair I shave around the scar with a no 5/6 and then for the rest of my back and sides I cut it shorter ranging from a no 4 down to a no 2. This takes practice but I like to have the appearance of short hair and I just cannot be bothered explaining to a barber about my scar etc. Before my op i just left it to grow out for about 4 weeks and im not sure when i will be letting the clippers loose on it again now but i'll let you know.

If you have any more questions just fire away mate.

Good luck in 2 weeks and keep us posted on everything. :)

Thanks for all the support guy's

Cheers Seaside Matt.

Yes the doc planted the grafts in the crown in a swirl pattern that followed how my very fine remaining hair that was already in my crown was. It is hard to tell in the pics but that is how he done it.

When cutting my hair I shave around the scar with a no 5/6 and then for the rest of my back and sides I cut it shorter ranging from a no 4 down to a no 2. This takes practice but I like to have the appearance of short hair and I just cannot be bothered explaining to a barber about my scar etc. Before my op i just left it to grow out for about 4 weeks and im not sure when i will be letting the clippers loose on it again now but i'll let you know.

If you have any more questions just fire away mate.

Good luck in 2 weeks and keep us posted on everything. :)

hello again stevo, looking good, did Dr Feller go alongside the previous scar or is it a different one?

hello again stevo, looking good, did Dr Feller go alongside the previous scar or is it a different one?

Hi mate and thanks.

Yes Dr Feller completely removed the old scar so i now have just one scar.

Hi mate and thanks.

It just gets better and better. :)

Hi mate and thanks.

good for you mate, hopefully this one will not stretch. fingers crossed for you