Sign in to follow this  
joe101

Started Losing My Hair - What Should I Do?

Hi

my hair has started to thin and I'm very depressed about it - I'm 25. I have low self-confidence as it is, and this is just making me feel worse.

I've read about the two main treatments, Propecia and Minoxidil, and I'm wondering if I should start one of those - although I haven't talked to my doctor about it and I don't know which one is best. I also understand that they're quite expensive.

I've started taking daily vitamin and mineral supplements of the ones recommended on the StopHairLossNow vitamins page, in the hope that that might help.

Thanks for any advice,

Joe

Alright bud

They are the best meds to take to stop hairloss from male pattern ,sucks like shit baldness , i used to do both supplied from a well known center for hairloss in london ,we're not aloud to mention it on here .

It was expensive but it did work , as it stablized my hairloss and ,after the shedding phase ,grow back my hair alot heathier , were i had lost my hair the most , round my crown it had little effect but it did help the rest of my hair .

I stopped using minioxidil due to the fact i wear my hair longer and it is a greasy topical lotion .

You may have read about a med called proscar , this too contains finasteride ,which is the drug in propecia ,so helps hair loss exactly the same . You can purchase it from Dr Ashcroft , contact details are on Spex's site , there are links on this site in the stickies bit , your own GP , if understanding can also percribe it for your , but you will have to pay as it's not available on the NHS .

Propecia cost approximatly £150 for 3 months supply , Proscar costs £120 for 12 months supply , however with careful use can last up to 15 months .

With propicea the tablets come in convinient 1mg per tablets , however the proscar tabs come in 5mg tablets which you have too cut into quarters to take a 1.25mg ,that way they will last you 12 months , if you cut the tablets into fifths however , and take 1mg sections ,you can potensially make them last up to 15 months .

The vitamins and shampoos won't combat DHT effecting your folicals ,so on ther own won't combat male pattern baldness , they will give you better conditioned hair though .

hope that helps bud ,to be honest hairloss is fucking shite , no other words for it ,but you have taken the first steps to being pro active and helping your own situation , took guts to do that mate

richie

thanks for that advice. :)

If I go for Propecia or Proscar, is this something I need to see my doctor about to get prescriptions, or can I buy it over the internet? Which is the better to do?

also is it worth asking my doc if the NHS will fund some of it, or is that a waste of time? I might be able to stretch to the £120 for a year for Proscar, but I won't be able to afford Propecia.

One more question - can you use both Propecia and minoxidil at the same time, or is it an either/or thing?

Thanks for the help,

You can try your GP for the drug but not many GPs will know what you`re talking about.You can buy it online by doing a google search .If you have no luck with your GP do as Richie advised and contact Dr Ashcroft.

It is perfectly safe to use both together .

Just from what I have read it's best to buy it form Dr Ashcroft.

You may find it cheaper online, but do you know what you're getting? Is it even propecia/proscar? You could be paying less for nothing. Always get prescription drugs especially ESPECIALLY in this sort of market from an official source. A Doctor with a prescription.

joe,

You can buy fincar online from cipla. Its a generic version of proscar with the same active ingredient, 5mg of finasteride.

Purchase it from a reputable pharmacutical website like inhousepharmacy or unitedpharmacies and you'll be alright.

(its also a lot cheaper than proscar)