Sign in to follow this  
follicly challenged

This Regime Is Working For Me!

Hi guys

I'm new to this site (have visited many others) but as all the posts here seem pretty genuine I'll stick with this one.

About 4 months ago I was definitely going to book for a hair transplant but a friend at work talked me out of it. He had had extremely good results sticking to a Regaine, etc, regime. He gave me a list of what he used on his thinning locks so I trawled the internet reading up on various products and adapting the list to suit my own type of hair.

My friend age 28 (I'm 39) had thickish dry hair. I have very fine, greasy hair.

So after a lot of research my daily regime comprised:

Minoxidil 15% (yes 15) solution with 5% Azelaic Acid applied twice a day.

Nizoral 2% shampoo alternating every other day with FAST shampoo.

Collagen tablets.

The 15% Minox solution can be a bit oily so on days when I want to look my best I substitute the morning application for Rogaine 5% foam (which leaves the hair non-greasy). When I go to bed I return to the 15% Minox application.

I have only been on my regime for 2 months but I can already see positive regrowth and my hair condition has far improved. All in all I'm extremely pleased with the results and glad I didn't part with 4 grand for the transplant.

I feel very optimistic that the regrowth will continue and look forward to the results after 6 months.

One extra tip I was given: Always keep your Minoxidil at a temp between 20 - 25 degrees. It does say this in small print on the label but some people overlook this message. During the cold winter weather in the UK I keep mine in the airing cupboard. According to a tricologist friend of my girlfriend Minox works far better at this temperature.

Good luck to all

MIKEY