Sign in to follow this  
bringitback

Newbie About To Go To Nyc

Looks fantastic virgin hairline, congrats :)

Thanks for the positive comments guys, so glad I've had it done. There are no scabs at all, it was a really clean job, just praying for the redness to ease off before I go back to work on the 6th.

Hey virgin like the new name,cool ,you went to a world leader in HTs and you are gonna be one happyb guy.

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate it, sat at home here 5 days on, with swollen yellow eyes. The redness is going very very slowly, just started on the aloe vera which I think is helping, thinking of getting some emu oil. Time seems to be standing still, just hope it will be better in 9 days, when I return to work. I cannot wait to get these 65 little metal buggers out of my head.

hi vl, you having staple out yet, any pics?

Hi Hairless,

Its been a very long week, I got the staples out friday night, that was the 9 day mark with the approval of Dr Feller. My wife did the honours. It wasnt as easy as I thought it might be, even though I soaked my head for half an hour, blood everywhere and out of 65 only around ten came out perfectly I blame her technique, either that or I have pissed her off without knowing, women!!. The scar looks good but the staple removal has left scabs where its healing and the area is still quite tender but at least I can sleep now. I will post some photos when I get the chance.

I still have a lot of redness in the recipient area but was scab free by 5 days, I tried Aloe vera gel and found that it did reduce the redness but only by coating and seemingly masking the area, this just left a dry crust there, so I now only apply now half an hour before washing my hair and I am using witch hazel at night. I think the rednesss is because of my fairish skin and because I got such a high density in the area.

I have got some nanogen fibres and mane spray and I am concealing with a come forward until this dies down. Had some shedding, I guess 10-20% of grafts, a fair bit around the forelock and some around the scar, I almost dread washing my hair as there seems more in the bath and shower than on my head, I know this is transient and can live with it. taking lots of MSM to compensate!!

Cheers

vhl

Great news on finally having the staples out sorry it didn’t go too well. Mine are due to come out next Friday

After my first op for the first few weeks I just pasted loads of Aloe Vera Gel on the recipient area and it worked a treat. I have started to do the same thing this time. I shampoo my hair in the shower as I get up and throughout the day I keep applying the Aloe to the recipient area. Before I go to bed I wash my hair again under the shower and then apply some Distilled Witch Hazel.

Do you think you will be able to hide the area worked on when you get back to work?

Great news on finally having the staples out sorry it didn’t go too well. Mine are due to come out next Friday

After my first op for the first few weeks I just pasted loads of Aloe Vera Gel on the recipient area and it worked a treat. I have started to do the same thing this time. I shampoo my hair in the shower as I get up and throughout the day I keep applying the Aloe to the recipient area. Before I go to bed I wash my hair again under the shower and then apply some Distilled Witch Hazel.

Do you think you will be able to hide the area worked on when you get back to work?

Hi Stevo,

Not if you look closely, will try the aloe again using your technique. If anyone notices I will just say I have a scalp infection I guess. I go to work for the day on Wednesday, then off for another week which should help, good luck with your removal, I wont send the missus around, you should be fine :D

VHL

Hey virgin

I took out my staples myself too and kinda fucked up the first 8 , got the others right though , the below photo shows blood around my incorrect removal ,then, further along is correct removal , they all healed fine though as you can see in the next photo , taken two weeks after the staple removal , hope that helps you not to worry .

IPB Image

IPB Image

richie

It looks great :) Is that a little shockloss below the scar ? Its only slight the area with no hair in it or is that shaved down area?

The scar looks brilliant. :)

I think quite a lot was shaved down as its not easy to cover but my hair is growing fast, Im am bald in the area above the ears if thats what you mean, have been since my teens.

Nice healing VH! Well done. Aloe vera is good to slap on at night - then wash off in the morning ;)