Tim_uk Post

Hi all... Bigmac, Pb, Spex, etc etc etc...

I am probably posting this in the wrong place again !! Sorry, tried to start a new post but I will be the first to admit I am a complete computer retard !! Maybe someone could move it to the right place or give me a bit of help !!

Also, as it turned out today, a retard with parking meter issues... don,t ask, but if anyone meets Spex.. the coins go in the slot in the little black thing on the right and have a slot for coins.... like I said.... dont ask !!

2nd and 3rd steps in the right directions taken today !!!!

Well.... met Spex today.. cant say enough good things about him.. certainly has a passionate attitude towards helping us guys, just wish there had been a "Spex" about 14 years ago when I went through my first HT... Spex did mention that considering how long ago I had mine done it was not that bad (for the time)., that I had a good donor supply etc... made my day !!

Felt uplifted after the meeting. Strange as I know my hair was the same but somehow the meeting confirmed that there are many of us out there with the same worries etc... those who are thinning and also those that have been affected by bad HT's. It is so hard to believe that people are still having HT's that produce results that are far worse than mine all this time later.. guess I was sort of lucky.

I do not know if others feel the way I do, but just having this forum to read and post to gives a feeling that "you are not alone", a problem shared etc...

Do not want to just rabbit on as I could say so much and dont want to bore anyone.

Have decided to take the plunge and go for it... with the help of Spex I have booked up with Doc Feller for the 16th May..

thats 128 days or 3,072 hours or 184,320 minutes... and yes... I am a sad git with too much time on my hands !! :o

Wookie... your making a good choice meeting Spex.

Cheers all..

now off to spend hours looking at flights etc...... also just added some pics.. comments welcome.. and that is not a bogey on my head.. i bashed it last week !!

Tim will need to re add his pics here.

Tim, If you want to start a new topic just click "New Topic" at the top right hand corner of the board. Posting randomly on other unrelated topics can prove very confusing to readers.

Hello all.

Firstly, thanks to Moderator for sorting out my post.. I will be the first to agree that its confusing, spend half my time trying to find my previous posts.. so cheers..

Spex, had a sudden thought, did you discuss with the clinic about booking for FUE and then letting Doctor Feller make the final choice on the day ?

Gasman... cheers...

Strange thing is that I had always thought I wanted the trip to New York to be a quick in and out... but now I have booked with Feller am thinking more about spending a few more days ? Been a long time since I had a decent holiday... last few years I have been all over Eastern Europe for a few days at a time... now, I can recommend a few good places (I mean of historical interest and not cheap places with very attractive ladies with not much clothing... well..)

Richie..will have another go at pics now..

post-1950-1199917293_thumb.jpgpost-1950-1199917317_thumb.jpgpost-1950-1199917357_thumb.jpg

When I met Spex we talked about my goals, I will be honest and say that I am not looking for a teenage head of hair but just to make my hairline look natural and not so "pluggy".. I am ok with being thin on top but hairline needs to be softened.. The idea is just to go for 1000 fue but if the Doc thinks different then change to strip on the day (I think??) It has only been in the last couple of years that the plugs have been very noticeable... My theory is that if I can go back to what I had then and something done with the front plugs I will be happy and not want anymore treatment.. but..Spex did mention a topic which I have seen called "hair greed".. I am convinced I will not suffer from that... 100%... maybe 90%.... well... lets wait and see !!

Any comments on the choice of FUE and strip... I would prefer FUE if the Doc thinks thats an ok route for me.. my main concern is recovery.. FUE does mean that I will have to be shaved at the back and my orginal scars will show for awhile... but not so traumatic I think ? But maybe strip can be hidden easier.. I can be away from work for just over 3 weeks and then for the next few weeks take a low profile and work from home.. all in all that gives me about 6 weeks before hitting the "real" world..

Big mac, managed to sort out someone cover me ... It will be like letting the lunatics run the asylum... but better than closing down !! I think !! May come out the other end with no business but hopefully better hair !!

I know if I leave it at that the bumps and scars will still show to a degree.. but I am also fine with that as its the front that concerns me most. I always like my hair short and know I can get away with an No.8 and not have the scars at the back of my head showing..

The pics are not that good, (again, thats not a green bogey but a scab from knocking my head !!) I have a few original hairs left from my original hairline, about half inch infront of the grafts (from 1995 care of The Hair Clinic at JBC, London), which I was told at the time would mimic nature, think they must have ment "Hammer House of Horror" nature !!

I would like to try and get a more natural hairline just infront of the plugs and maybe get the worst plugs thinned out a bit ??

Always open to ideas and critisism (and spelling correction)..

Will shut up now as I know I can drone on !!

Cheers ALL

Hi Tim

I feel in my opinion looking at your pictures you should go for a strip procedure of aroud 2-2500 to sort your hairline and give some density behind it.

I would definately add a few extra days in New York to do sight seeing ,shopping and to relax.

you`ve made a great choice Tim in Dr Feller.

Cheers Bigmac..

yes I think turning the HT into a mini break will give me something to lookforward to.. I did read something about coming back quick due to swelling ?? I have a big head and always had trouble finding hats etc.. got a couple of XXL baseball caps which fit well with a fair bit of give but would not want to have to go buy some brown paper bags if it swells to big for the caps to fit !!

Anyone ?

Hi Tim, I'm a fellow UK repair patient myself. From your pics, u had a really lucky escape... your not in bad shape at all... well compared to me anyway before my repair.

I am looking at your pics and thinking you will be a breeze for Dr F to fix u up... u'r not shiny bald...u have some coverage which will give you a head start, u'll be like someone else having their 2nd HT as you already have some coverage! Looks like one pass will be enough so u'r one lucky guy imo.

Also, IMO... you said you didnt want too much hair and didnt want a young looking hairline! But.. GET AS MUCH AS YOU CAN NOW!! (the hairline doesnt have to be a teenage hairline) you wont end up looking like a 18 year old from one pass.. even with the most hair you can get in there, go for as much as you can this time safely. I didnt have great yield from my 1st HT due to the scaring from my Nobel bullsh*t HT, so go for more and if you dont yield as many as you had planted, u'll still be in good shape.. u cant have too much IMO...dont hold back! 1000 doesnt go very far.. 3000 sounds more like it.

Enjoy New York... I would love to go back right now... great place.. and say hi to the naked cow girl for me!

BHUK.

As long as you sleep upright ,at least try 45 degrees you should not suffer too much from swelling and if you do you can always take anti inflamatory drugs.

If the cap dont fit try a bandana as in america you can wear what you want as they are nearly all weird :ph34r:

Cheers Bigmac..

yes I think turning the HT into a mini break will give me something to lookforward to.. I did read something about coming back quick due to swelling ?? I have a big head and always had trouble finding hats etc.. got a couple of XXL baseball caps which fit well with a fair bit of give but would not want to have to go buy some brown paper bags if it swells to big for the caps to fit !!

Anyone ?

You wont swell up until the 3rd day... the day after u'll be fine... so that cap should fit.. wear it loose and put a fresh bandage around it to protect it the next day for the journey home. (to wear under the cap) EMINEM Style! ;)

If you only want a slight change then FUE as you will only get approx 1000-1500 grafts but to really address the issue i think you would be better suited to strip and get the appropriate number you really need( 2500+) as i bet you will only want to return for more ...like we all do <_< . Let the doctor decide on the day which is the best way to go as he is the one who knows best and will only guide you appropriately. It does all depend on your personal goal though as i am sure spex discussed with you knowing him.

good luck timuk,best guy for the job as i am sure you know if you have read the forums and done your research :) i plan to see him this year too after a long time researching, and saving :)

Hi all and cheers for the good info as usual..

Bigmac..

I am going to leave the final decision until the day, I think I need to talk it out with the Doc.. as to the swelling on the third day.. I am having the HT on a Friday, so does that mean I have until Monday before I develope melon head ? Also, anti swelling drugs.. is that something I could get from Doc Feller ? and yes I think most things can be got away with in New York !!

Badhair..

Cheers, not the first time I have been told I was lucky, having had the HT so long ago (about 14 years now) was more luck than anything else as went to the first clinic I saw advertised... when chatting to Spex I mentioned a guy I had seen during the week, his HT looked terrible and I know its a bad thing to say but it made me feel a little better ! I think the guy that did mine may have had the right idea but not the skill or ability..he even told me that he would not the plugs any lower due to what donor supply I had and to allow for future work ! Naked Cow Girl.... tell me more but will have no problems saying hello for you, !!

Martin1

The issue about how any grafts and FUE or strip is one that I am thinking about all the time, you and the others are probably right and I should go for as many as possible, therefore strip. But, like I said before I am leaving the final choice to the day.

Gasman

Thank you, and I do think you are right, have been looking and doing research for ages and Feller comes out tops each time, along with all the support from Spex and all the guys here.

Hairless

Yep, Doc Feller seems to be the one.. do not think I would put my head in the hands of anyone else now that I have seen what can happen, I guess that there are other docs, some I have seen mentioned on here.. but my choice ended with Feller. One thing I will say is that when I arranged to meet Spex I had the intention of asking him book me in with Feller as soon as he could (I had decided that the meeting would be the time I would make my mind up) I was surprised about how long I will have to wait, wanted to go in the next few weeks but earliest was mid May, keep this in mind as this guy seems to be very very popular.... cheers mate and good luck to you..

Thank you all again.. its weird but everytime I ask a question I get great answers.. only problem I have is that answers to questions just seem to create more questions in my head. But enough for tonight..

Also, anti swelling drugs.. is that something I could get from Doc Feller ?

Dont know about this, since the swelling is not due to any reaction its due purely to the volume of solution injected into the scalp during the procedure, so there's really no getting around that. With me I've had obvious swelling 3/5 times.

Hi Tim

Dr Feller will tell you straight what your best course of action will be.

Hi Saf

Anti inflamatory drugs can help but Tim would need to see his gp for advice and probably doesn`t really want to discuss his ht with his gp.

Yeah mate - you are down for FUE. Like i mentioned - you and the Doic will discuss the POA on the day as its only him and you togetehr that can make the decision ;)

Will go with Doc Fellers advice on the day.. also received meds from Doc Ashcroft today. Must go and buy a pill splitter as mentioned somewhere on here before... First pill gone as tried to cut with kitchen knife and ended up scattered to the 4 corners of my kitchen floor.. if I notice hair growing under the kitchen units will let you know :P

Am a little confussed re how much to take ? Is it one tablet cut into five per week, ie. take Mon to Fri and not weekend or a fifth of a tablet every day ?Anyone ?

Also, something which I have not mentioned before, has anyone heard of AMIDREN.. I have been taking this for about 9 months along with a multivit, was not for hairloss but as part of a healthy lifestyle change when I hit 40 and this stuff is supposed to combat the male menopause "Andropause" and is made from natural ingredients.. probably a waste of time and not sure is it has any effects as started the vits at the same time, which I am sure have given me more energy as I know my diet is not too good and missing most of that elusive "5 aday". (was from quite a reliable supplier in the field of vitimins etc) But it does mention something about possibly helping with hairloss ???

Cheers again Spex, you have been a star.

Take 1/5th of a tablet per day so you use about 1.3 tabs per week. Personaly I dont bother cutting its too much hassle I just nibble a tiny chunk off each day.

I would have thought strip would have been the better option for you seeing as you already have scars. Dr Feller can often excise an old scar in conjunction with the strip and give you an almost invisible tricho scar. Just my thoughts after reading your story and looking at your photos. Dr Feller will do what's best for you on the day :)

PB..

Cheers for that thought re the scar removal... had not thought about that one, given me food for thought and also a "plus" towards strip.

Dr Feller is a magician with these repair jobs - he mentioned that he's repairing something like 2 UK butcher victims a week :o He's done so many repair jobs, usually much worse ones, that yours won't be a problem at all for him.

PB.. cheers again..

Each day I read replies on here I feel happier and happier about my choice and the fact I will be "Cured" !! Roll on May.......

I have said this before but will again.. this forum is a such a great place... I know there must be hundreds if not thousands of guys out there feeling like there is no hope.... I did sort of feel like that for awhile, but was lucky as have good friends etc so just lived life and ignored the odd stares !! Having this forum makes you feel not "alone", wonderful place...

Need to get this forum noticed by more guys, maybe a thread on ideas ?? Anything I can do I will gladly....It annoys the sh*t out of me that the UK clinics do so much damage and are still up and running and have their clinics booked full of appointments for guys that want their confidence back.... last thing they will get.. :angry:

I mentioned to Spex at our meeting that last year I had contacted the clinic I had my HT via email saying that I was not happy, their reply was to give me available dates for another HT, their new price list and that their methods had improved and could give me a more natural look !! I could not believe it, an offer like that without even seeing me !! If only it was legal to shoot people and burn down their clinics ! Dream on !

Tim

Hi Tim

Everyone on here are in a similar situation and its great to talk to people who understand what you`re going through.the problem is most people who make the right ht choice have it done and move on with their lives.

Its through the efforts of Spex,PB and all the other regular posters,you all know who i mean who contribute so much to help others.

Anyway Tim you are lucky to have found the forums and listened to the advice given and you`ve made an excellent choice in choosing Dr Feller for your hair transplant.

I hope you stick around and show your results and give guidance to newbies as you will have been there and got the hair :)

If only it was legal to shoot people and burn down their clinics ! Dream on !

LOL :lol: Well maybe not "people" in general but I think it should be legal to shoot HT butchers and burn their clinics down - have a word with your local MP about it :P

Hi PB... ops.. I did not mean "shoot" people in general.. just those running butchering clinics in the Uk, well I suppose it could be extended to Estate Agents, Bank Managers, MP's, people who dont use indicators on roundabouts, Big Brother Contestants, anyone who runs a company with an overseas call centre... Think that would do..but its an open list !!

On a serious note, I would love to stick around and help out, feel that it would be the right thing to do as this forum has been so good for me..

Cheers all

I have said this before but will again.. this forum is a such a great place... I know there must be hundreds if not thousands of guys out there feeling like there is no hope.... I did sort of feel like that for awhile, but was lucky as have good friends etc so just lived life and ignored the odd stares !! Having this forum makes you feel not "alone", wonderful place...

I wish I'd found this place 3/4 yrs ago before I went to the UK clinics, or even before when I was going bald and just had to deal with it on my own. :( Its good to be able to talk about this with other sufferers.