Sign in to follow this  
avidmerrion

Flying To The Big Apple

Hello guys, going to Feller at end of Feb, but i'm having bit of trouble finding decent flights to JFK from North of England..can anyone who's done so in past while offer any advice. I'm not the best flyer by any means, so thinking that I'm gonna try and do business class on the return flight. Fear of flying and post-op pain fills me with mega dread i have to say. Thanks in advance.

Only airport that fly direct i think is Manchester - Your best option for best deals and flexibility is to Fly from Heathrow! :) Best Airline is Virgin :) - and if you can i would fly premium economy (as good as some Business class) Don't pay a premium for Business ;)

Good luck mate - any probs or need further help - email me B)

hi avid

unfortunitally i had the same trouble finding a flight ,i live in north yorkshire .

what i found was heathrow was the only airport which flew direct to jfk ,manchester ,leeds ,humberside and doncaster all flew with tranfere flights which can double jouney time and sometimes your lugage doesn't get trafered automatically so you end up doing checkin four times ,nightmare .

you may have to do what i did and get the train down to london then subway (the train ,not the sandwich ) to heathrow .

as for pain and discomfort on the way home ,you'll be fine and feel very little from you recipient or donor site ,if you returning home two days later on the sunday you'll still be under Dr Fellers injected anesthetic and a couple of his pain killers ,so hardly any pain or discomfort .

i popped some pills and just went back into manhatten the very next day with no problems ,by the end of the day my donor was a little sore but only like mild sunburn .

i discreatlly told and showed the british air ways flight crew and got upgraded to business class on the way home ,i know this isn,t for everyone but i was cool being fed champagne and salmon stakes on propper plates hahaha

i know your shitting right now but it's easy with no real pain ,you've done your research and Dr Feller is world class and just a nice guy

hey and i did all this one day after removing a leg brace after a major road racing accident at the end of august ,my op with Dr Feller was on nov 2nd , just had more surgery over christmas .

i guess what i'm trying to say is ,try not to get yourself too worked up ,Dr Feller is the best ,there's no real pain and you've done your research and spoken to spex ,so you'll be fine

good luck

richie

Hello guys, going to Feller at end of Feb, but i'm having bit of trouble finding decent flights to JFK from North of England..can anyone who's done so in past while offer any advice. I'm not the best flyer by any means, so thinking that I'm gonna try and do business class on the return flight. Fear of flying and post-op pain fills me with mega dread i have to say. Thanks in advance.

Get on Expedia and you wont have a problem finding flights from Manchester to JFK. Manchester is the second biggest airport in the country and everytime i do a search there are dozens of flights going over to JFK each day.

Good luck mate ;)

found flight times and prices using this site www.opodo.co.uk/

I then booked direct with AA on there site reserving the seats when booking etc...all very easy... return flight from Heathrow to JFK for £252 inc all taxes.