Sign in to follow this  
GasMan

1032 Fue By Feller - The Big Day (11th December)...

Heres my story...

I’ve roamed these boards for a few years now, and it’s proven to be a very valuable source of information. I’m 31 years old and first noticed my hair receding at the early age of 18. My hair seemed to slow or even stop receding in my late twenties. I take 1mg Proscar daily to help maintain what I have, however it was never going to repair what I had already lost.

I first considered Dr Cole as I was impressed with FIT/FUE technique. I then came across Spex and met up with him about 2 years ago. Great guy, and I would recommend anyone thinking of an HT to meet with him. After yet more research I considered other doctors like Bisanga, Woods and even our very own UK Dr Rogers. After much deliberation, I decided to have a HT with Dr. Feller in New York on December 11th 2007.

On the day of the HT I arrived early at Dr Fellers with my girlfriend at 7.30am. I had some photos taken by the Doctor and a new hairline drawn, a conservative hairline which is what I wanted. Dr Feller then arranged a taxi for my girlfriend to go shopping for the day which is what I would recommend for any partner coming along. No point in them hanging around all day. I wanted her there at the beginning to see the hairline drawn in but didn't want to bore her by sitting in the waiting room all day....

I then proceeded to a room to have a section of my hair buzzed down ready for the FUE to be done. After that it was time for the injections. Not sure how many, I think about 15 or so to numb the area.... These are painful but the pain only hurts for a a second as the needle first goes in. The hardest bit I found was laying face down on a massage table. I had to lay still on this table for the morning while Feller made the FUE holes. I had a few rest breaks in between, and luckily for me Feller said I was a good FUE patient. Once we had a good number of FUE's we stopped for lunch (a lovely ham sandwich from the deli).

The afternoon started with all the grafts now cleaned, trimmed and counted. A total of 1032 grafts some 3's, 2,s and lots of singles for the front hairline. I then sat in a dentist style chair (much more comfortable than the mornings table I was on). Dr Feller then made all the tiny incisions in my head, and once he had finished the techs started straight placing the grafts in my head... Three techs in total, one on each side of my head working, with one assisting behind my head who kept the areas clean with lots of saline.

Once Feller was happy with the techs work, I had a few more photos, some post HT instructions. The day I had been planning for 3 years was finished by 3.30pm. I then went back to the hotel (The Andrew) and relaxed that evening watching tv and ordering room service. I stayed in Great neck for a further 2 days to relax and recover before returning home to the UK. I have to say I now feel great and its like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders... Now its the waiting game!

I just want to say a thankyou to Dr Feller and his staff. The day went smoothly and I'm now glad that I did all my research as I was confident I was in good hands. Also a special thanks to Spex and former patients stories on these forums, especially Hairroot.

good write up and glad it all went well.

your pictures show nice clean work but did you really need a ht,you could of had a nice mohawk hairstyle. :P only kidding

good write up and glad it all went well.

your pictures show nice clean work but did you really need a ht,you could of had a nice mohawk hairstyle. :P only kidding

mohawk..... :lol:

Actually I wanted one of Fellers new Indian style HT's.... apache here and apache there.... :P

Looking good mate and looks like most of the redness has gone.

Did you trim the grafts ?

yes but I haven't photos yet.... I did it after the 2 week post op. Today is exactly 3 weeks post op for me so will take some pics later and post them... not much to see as I have trimmed the grafts...

gasman...

Sorry I haven't been on her much since it wont let me upload images... I know you can use external websites for hosting images but to be honest I'm very lazy :rolleyes:

Im now just past 5 weeks post op, been back at work since Christmas and not one comment about my hair.. No sign of HT... Its been great! Been out on a few social evenings as well and nobody has noticed a thing...You can see my 3 week pics on my site.

I have been posting pics on my site on the other forum.... here is the link:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Gasman/

All going great thanks.... Had a few spots on the back of my head where the fue was taken from? I guess its part of the healing, maybe a few pores got a bit greasy/dirty during surgery...?

Now just a waiting game... I'll post some pics at the 2 month stage soon for you guys..