Sign in to follow this  
belkin.999

1300 Fue With Dr Bisanga

Hello again all. Well I have recently returned from HT number 2 this time with Dr Bisanga in Belgium (following on from a first attempt in the UK which didn't work out). For me Feller was not an option as I hate flying so a little research brought me to the BHR clinic in Brussels.

The whole experience from start to finish was just made so easy starting with the initial contact with the clinic through patient coordinator Phil. I cannot say how much difference it made having someone respond to my e-mails and queries on the same day. Anyway I booked in and soon enough it was time for me to travel. This was so much easier than I thought, a quick train journey to London then onto the Eurostar (£29 return, how good?) and I was in Brussels in no time. A short taxi ride later (8 euros) and I was at the Catalonia Forum Hotel. I went out that night to find the clinic for the next morning and actually walked past it first as routeplanner had it listed as 0.5km and it was actually about 80 yards away! Come 7:30 the next day I was greeted by Dr Bisanga who sketched out the hairline and did various checks and then started the extraction process. This was pretty much painless and shortly after more staff arrived to do whatever they do(!) and it was time for the grafts to be placed. Dr Bisanga made incisions and grafts were then placed by technicians (wearing what I assume to be magnifying goggles) with a brief break for lunch. The placing I have to say was very very methodical and done with the utmost care, I got used to an almost constant spray of saline onto my head! On conclusion I had cream applied to the donor area and this was bandaged up and was then given a bandana for the walk home. The walk to the hotel being only about 1 minute made a huge difference and I was able to slink into my room unobserved!

The night was painless and I slept no problem at all with no painkillers but continued to use the spray and cream which really helped. My forehead swelled up on the second day but this only lasted about 24 hours before subsiding. I travelled back a few days later and again the journey was easy (I didn't have to remove my cap to go through security - hooray). The Eurostar was a godsend as it was pretty much empty when I travelled and no fuss at all.

By about day 7 there was no trace of the donor FUE sites (but I do have quite thick hair) and I suppose now it will be just a waiting game with fingers very much crossed after the last time. I am not posting pictures yet as I don't think they prove very much but will post results if and when.

I am not posting pictures yet as I don't think they prove very much but will post results if and when.

Pity, it would have been uselful to see the immediate post op pics :(

Glad to hear it all went well Belkin999 or belkin.999 :huh: ? I hope it all turns out as planned for you!

May i enquire why the name change?

All the very best!

I read your Rogers experience and it was a little worrying. Wise decision not to return. <_< I too hope this gets resolved for you with your recent session. Were comments made on the Rogers work :blink:

yeah same here hope you get a great result,i`ve heard very positive things about dr bisanga.

when you do eventually post pre and post op pictures could you provide a breakdown of fue and placement.

also how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking

Spex, I hadn't even realized! I think me having two logins stems from my initially registering and forgetting if there was a . or not! Anyway, thought I'd log in under the other to keep you happy! Dr Bisanga did comment on the low graft count from the previous HT, however I complained about this a few months ago with Rogers and he accepted it wasn't the result expected and I got a part refund of £3000.

PB the pics just show very small extractions holes and a red area where the recipient site is! I suppose I'm just wary because they wont prove it was successful and I don' want to tempt fate! Once burnt...

wow a dr accepting not an acceptable result and giving a refund.nice one for dr rogers in holding his hands up and being honest with you but no amount of money can replace valuable donor hair

Yes to be honest the donor thing was what I was most worried about but I'm quite lucky in that my hair is thick and very dense so it shouldn't be a problem. To answer another question it cost about £4200 for the 1300 FUE grafts, without the refund from Dr Rogers I wouldn't have been able to afford it.