Sign in to follow this  
BadHairUK

Some Taxi Info... Andrew Hotel Info And Nyc Pics..

I took some pics as I was asked to take some of The Andrew Hotel...

Once again.... it was immaculate! really clean... not that i'm un-used to being clean tho :blink: but the porter guy was a nice chap and had a few chats with him and was really friendly...and the staff catered spot on for my needs... for e.g They let me stay an extra 2 hrs again as my flight wasnt due till 6pm...so i didnt check out till 2pm.. and then they ordered me the best taxi ever! like a limosine! lol.. all black and like a new gleaming car and full black leather inside...and the driver all dressed up. I was thinking oh... mine still not arrived yet.... then I found out it was mine! lol.. on the way to JFK i was thinking hope I have enough money for this taxi! (it was called a 'Friendly') and when we got there.... it was just $42!!! The rubbish Yellow cab cost me $90! (but he knocked off $20!) but the yellow cab was unreal....... :o when I arrived at JFK I told the driver I wanted to go to The Andrew and showed him the address and said it was next to Great Neck station... he said oh... wheres that! :unsure: so I said do you know eher Great Neck is? and he said no... but I can ask someone for the way! (Great Neck is only 14 miles away ... how can this Taxi driver not have heard of it?) so we head off and we have to stop every few miles to ask the way... we were told a few times we were going the wrong way! we went down dead end streets... narrow winding roads... and it was becoming worrying when he started asking me directions and where I think we should go! :ph34r:

In the end I saw a Sign for Northern Blvrd...and from there I recoginised the whole area...and gave him directions straight to the hotel... we even passed Dr Fellers office.. thank goodness i remembered... he was still signalling the wrong way at the time..lol.

It was AWESOME to finally arrive in the hotel room with some ice cold water waiting and a some food I had to eat with me... and watched some Basketball live from Madison Square Garden and then went to kip as it was 1am UK time! (8pm USA time). Woke up the next day about 10am.

Here are a few pics of The Andrew....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

....and then headed out to Manhatten.... it was a perfectly clear blue sky and sunny day (yet again!) just a bit chilly so I bought a new cashmere scalf for just $10 off a guy and a warmer hat.. which did the job prefectly! B)

The train ticket was off peak return as it was a Sunday.... so only $12 return by using a machine on the wall at Great Neck station to buy the ticket. I feel safer on these trains and underground in NY than I do in london and all really clean a tidy.

Anyways... here are some pics of NYC ...I have only shown a few as I didnt want to get in trouble posting too many :)

See if you can spot the NY ghost in one of these! ;) (the story goes.... he's been walking around Manhatten looking for his date for the last 1000 years trying to find her)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hope u enjoy seeing them :)

Wow! Great pics - thanks for posting them! I'd like to go to New York again sometime just for the trip without going for a HT or consultations. What was the temperature like when you were there? My first HT was in November and the weather was like summer for the first couple of days then it suddenly became freezing cold.

Wow! Great pics - thanks for posting them! I'd like to go to New York again sometime just for the trip without going for a HT or consultations. What was the temperature like when you were there? My first HT was in November and the weather was like summer for the first couple of days then it suddenly became freezing cold.

Cheers PB.... Me too! I enjoyed it this time looking around as I was less worried about getting lost visiting a giant city like this, as its really easy as every block is numbered and I picked up a site see'ers Bus route panfleet that had everything marked up clearly and named.

I ran out of time as it was starting to get dark by the time I got to Central Park... but then that was great as I got to see NY at night too going back :) I would like to go back and be able to eat in some of those places and drink a bit too next time.. would be nice to have a beer or 2.. would even make the flight more fun.

The Andrew worked out at £100 a night for me.. as they add 2 lots sof taxes on I wasnt expecting. Its $179 a night plus qpprox $30 tax.

Also... it does have Climate control on the wall which was good! The heating was on quite high that is seperate from the Air Con... so I just over powered it with the Climate control all night :)

If anyone is going to The Andrew and wants anymore info...let me know and I'll try and help.

oh... nearly forgot... the weather on the day I woke up (Sunday) was approx 6 deg... so quite nippy! but it was perfectly clear and sunny... I bought a scarf and hat in NY so that was great.. how does that Naked Cow Girl do it!

Top pic's BH ! You could just walk round that city all day couldnt you !!

I will be booking at the Andrew in the next week or so for my next session at the end of jan.

Oh by the way the Naked Cow Girl looks ok mate it must of been better than looking at the Naked Cow Boy anyway ;)

yeah great pics,sounds like you had a great time this visit with the added benefit of having a WORLD CLASS HT.

Top pic's BH ! You could just walk round that city all day couldnt you !!

I will be booking at the Andrew in the next week or so for my next session at the end of jan.

Oh by the way the Naked Cow Girl looks ok mate it must of been better than looking at the Naked Cow Boy anyway ;)

Thanks Stevo ... I think I was meant to put some money in her boot...but like a muppet I kinda went and forgot..lol.. but I'll pay her next time I'm just passing :D

She was still watching as I made my getaway! :unsure:

IPB Image

By the way.... make sure you book the hotel early and get the date you want... I had to change the day of my HT as it was the only available spot The Andrew could fit me in around this time.

All the best mate...and will look forward to seeing how well your next visit goes.. :)

yeah great pics,sounds like you had a great time this visit with the added benefit of having a WORLD CLASS HT.

Cheers Bigmac :) I had a really good Burger King whopper when i was there... u just reminded me.. B)

OK, so how long did you stand there taking photos of that naked cowgirl - very clear photo considering you only had one hand on the camera :P

just seen the ghost carrying flowers and it looks like his takeaway

on the hotel is it £100 per person or per room as my missus is harping on to go with me when its my turn

thanks

OK, so how long did you stand there taking photos of that naked cowgirl - very clear photo considering you only had one hand on the camera :P

hahaha! I like it.... but how did you know I was holding a Whopper? :unsure:

Fantastic pictures Badhair, What camera do you have, the pics are sooo crisp!

im glad everything went well for you, look forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks mate :)

The camera is really a few years old now... but i never thought it was worth upgrading it as the pics are really sharp.... its only a 3mp Canon... just point and shoot and really easy to use. They make a 8mp version now...but i dont think i need it.

This is the camera.. Canon Powershot S30

IPB Image

just seen the ghost carrying flowers and it looks like his takeaway

on the hotel is it £100 per person or per room as my missus is harping on to go with me when its my turn

thanks

haha... good to hear u spotted the invisable man ;) I could do with a take-away myself!

The hotel room is $179 per night... (but then they add on taxes of about $30 per night) but that was Feller rate... you have to ask for.. and I am 99% sure its per room not person as my room had 2 beds... and the last time is was a kingsize bed.

thanks mate

the rooms look spot on

Yep... the only thing that did happen was ... when i got in bed the night before my surgery... I thought to myself.... 'how crazy was that last year with all the fire alarms going off!!' and by 1am.... u guessed it... all the fire alarms went off! last time all the fire crew turned up but this time it was a false alarm.. i just think it must have been my aftershave or summin! :unsure:

Great pics once again, you should turn pro.

I had the same problem with the yellow cabs

the guy kept stopping asking for directions,

i was finally dropped off five miles from the andrew :o

i had to walk and keep asking for directions :unsure:

Great pics once again, you should turn pro.

I had the same problem with the yellow cabs

the guy kept stopping asking for directions,

i was finally dropped off five miles from the andrew :o

i had to walk and keep asking for directions :unsure:

Thanks Zip it ... I might have to turn to something soon.. and the naked cowgirl gave me a few ideas! ;)

Mate... thats the worst I've heard so far with you walking the last 5 miles.. :o I cant understand why this day and age they dont all have GPS? whats the problem with them having one of those and just typing in the address...and they wouldnt ever put a foot wrong.

If I was going again... I would take my own GPS.... and give them directions all the way there! B) show them how its done in England.

Awesome pics mate... Looks like you managed to cram in a lot of sightseeing. The Naked Cow Gal must have literally froze her tits off :D! Shame shes bit of a MILF tho... kinda reminds me of Cilla from Coronation Street:

IPB Image

Her character is supposed to have moved to Las Vegas.. maybe shes gone broke there and so moved to NY to get some cash :lol:

Awesome pics mate... Looks like you managed to cram in a lot of sightseeing. The Naked Cow Gal must have literally froze her tits off :D! Shame shes bit of a MILF tho... kinda reminds me of Cilla from Coronation Street:

IPB Image

Her character is supposed to have moved to Las Vegas.. maybe shes gone broke there and so moved to NY to get some cash :lol:

:lol: quality! I took the liberty of checking out her website! (just doing a bit or research on NY! <_< ) and she used to look really quite fit.

B)

:lol: quality! I took the liberty of checking out her website! (just doing a bit or research on NY! <_< ) and she used to look really quite fit.

B)

lol the tips must go towards running her website. I would have prob thrown her some sympathy change ;) !

B)

lol the tips must go towards running her website. I would have prob thrown her some sympathy change ;) !

But still better than seeing the naked cowboy? :unsure: