oli

Propecia

I've been on propecia for two yrs now and it's been by far the best weapon in my armour against mpb. It has significantly thickened up my hair - especially the crown.

I take proscar which is exactly the same as propecia but it comes as a 5mg tablet , propecia comes as a 1mg tablet. All i do is cut the proscar down into 5ths - tricky initially but once you get the hang of it it is very cost effective.

propecia has been proven to block upto 85% of dht.

oli

Oli, great stuff! You are right to get Finesteride in the form of proscar - much cheaper!

The theory behind propecia is:

The main known factor that causes hairloss is DHT. To form DHT your body's 5a-reductase enzyme converts free roaming testosterone DHT inside the hair cell follicle. The DHT then binds to the hair cell receptor and causes it to atrophy or shrink. Eventually your hair follicle stops producing hair and you loose that follicle.

There are two types of the 5ar enzyme; Type I and Type II. Type II 5ar seems to be the main culprit in MPB as the type II enzyme is present in the hair follicles. Finasteride is a specific inhibitor of Type II 5ar inhibitor that reduces DHT produced by the type II 5ar by 85%-90% and reduces the overall DHT blood serum levels by 65%.

As you can see Finasteride ( Propecia )is extremely useful as a treatment for MPB as it directly attacks the problem. Nizoral shampoo is thought to help "dull" the androgen receptors in the scalp which the DHT binds to. Together they provide a synergetic effect.

Hello Everyone - New here

I agree with Oli, Propecia for me has been a life saver, I have been on it for about a year and a half with great success.

I also use Regaine but just once a day.

I have tried buying Propecia from foriegn shores but got ripped off !!

I now just order through this site and get safe next day delivery.

I use Nizoral from boots but maybe just once a week.

Respect

Batman

It is sometimes so easy just to say that to stop hair loss Propecia is the answer, as it has such a high success rate, however for some people the cost and the fact that is it a drug could rule out taking such treatment.

Not everyone can afford the monthly cost of Propecia so have to look at other options.

Minoxidil ( Regaine ) used to be classed as a drug but is now available over the counter.

Some people will not use it as they still class it as a drug.

For anyone who does not want to use drugs, other options are available, for example Revivogen Tricomin etc.

A cheap starting place could be as easy as Nizoral and a Zinc supplement.

As with all treatments, one treatment does not work for all. No two people will react the same to treatment.

You also have to bear in mind that it will take from 3 to 6 months to see any difference at all, this applies to Regaine and Propecia.

You should check out all the available treatments and make your own judgement.

People can advise but the final decision is with yourself, you will have to take any treatment for years so you must be mindfull of the costs and any side effects any treatment or drug may give you.

If you are thinking about starting any treatment, do so sooner than later. The earlier you start the better.

If expense is no problem and you can take drugs the you should start with Propecia, Regaine and nizoral.

Bill

Hello all,

i'm about to start taking Propecia and would like to know a little more about how it works. I'm beginnning to lose hair at the temples and front of my head but have no loss at the back yet.

- As well as stimulating some new hair growth, will it stop further hair loss?

- Does it stop hair loss and help regrowth at the temples, or at the back of the head only?

- I note that it can have a damaging effect on pregnant women. Is it likely to have a damaging effect on my girlfriend if i start taking it?

- Has anyone taking it noticed any side effects so far?

- Has anyone heard of 'Avodart'? Is this more effective than Propecia?

Many thanks for your responses

i'm really encouraged by this, can't seemt o get a decent answer to any qusetions before but i goona go for proscar.

whats the opinion on the generic stuff? it's so much cheaper and the only stuff i can find is from india and have been told to avoid.

can everyone post where they get the propecia/proscar from please!

Mart - i've been on proscar (propecia) for 6 yrs now and it has been my savior!!!!

had no sides on it and only benefits. it has thickened me up on the crown and kept me solid ever since!

Propecis will stop further loss

it is more benefical in the crown area for regrowth but will generally stop further loss all over.

Not at all - only if your girlfriend was to touch it whilst pregnant might she has a 1 in a million chance of having a effect on her. - never actual;ly happened to my knowledge - and i've been around the block

Some men can experience sides but they generally subside after a short time - i personally never experienced any.

Avo' is the next step if you are finding propecia isn't helping you out which its 95% possibility of doing.

2YOUNG -

The generic stuff in my opinion is not worth it as its not been proven to have the same effect as the real deal.

If you can get your gp to perscribe you proscar like me then you can just cut it down into 5th and bobs your uncle ---much cheaper!!!! i can hook you up with my gp if you want - he's on it himself! email me at specs@fellermedical.com

Many thanks for the response Specs - very encouraging.

Do people generally use Propecia in isolation or augment its use with other treatments? Does combining treatements really make a difference or are any effects entirely Propecia driven?

I really don't mean to sound rude and ungrateful for your advice but do 'fellermedical' have any vested interest in the performance of Propecia??

2young - I got my Propecia from a company called 'Direct Response Marketing' and can provide their details if required.

cheers guys i'm glad the response on here is quick.

if anyone could provide the details for where u get the proscar fom that would be great.

i can't really afford propecia proscar is much cheaper isn't it?

I've been looking at these forums too for a while now and have decided to take the plunge and go for Proscar.

Can anyone please point me in right direction of where best to get this stuff in UK.

Thanks

If you can get your gp to perscribe you proscar like me then you can just cut it down into 5th and bobs your uncle ---much cheaper!!!! i can hook you up with my gp if you want - he's on it himself! email me at specs@fellermedical.com

Hi all,

i've been taking propecia for a week now and i realise this is a very short time in which to start seeing an effect!

How long will it be before i can expect to see it making a difference?

3/4 months !!! at the minimum. You really need to assess it by photos in 6 months and then a year.

Thanks for the response Specs. Does anyone know if Propecia tablets have any kind of 'use by' date? Its just that i've had the the ones i've started taking for a while, while i've done some research about the product