Sign in to follow this  
ianw2000uk

Revita Shampoo

Hi Guys

Has anyone got a view on the hair loss shampoo Revita?

I have just started using it and wondered if we have any long time users here?

I have mild hairloss and was hoping to keep it at bay using a combination of known good hairloss shampoos. I also use Nizoral (once per week), and Neutrogena T/Gel (used to be my regular shampoo, now once per week).

Any views would be welcomed.

All the best

Ian

Hi Guys

Has anyone got a view on the hair loss shampoo Revita?

I have just started using it and wondered if we have any long time users here?

I have mild hairloss and was hoping to keep it at bay using a combination of known good hairloss shampoos. I also use Nizoral (once per week), and Neutrogena T/Gel (used to be my regular shampoo, now once per week).

Any views would be welcomed.

All the best

Ian

Ian

I've been using Revita for about 2 1/2 mths now and can say that if nothing else, it has really improved the quality, condition and appearence of my hair, although I'm also on 1.25mg fin/daily and minoxidil (evenings only), so its not possible to say how much the Revita has contributed to the overall effect. You should read Pondle's posts on the subject of meds/treatments - he is a mine of knowledge on the subject and makes very useful, informed judgements about the best regime to maintain what you have.

Cheers

Beachboy

Thanks for the kudos Beachboy - though I've gotta stress that I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist, just a guy who's tried to read as much as he can about Propecia and some of the other well known hair loss treatments. If you really want authentic advice about medical treatments, speak to a professional like Dr. Ashcroft.

Now, Revita. Yes, I've used it too. As Beachboy says, it's difficult to say whether it was beneficial because I was also using finasteride at the time (and still am). Generally, I'm pretty suspicious of shampoos that claim to treat hair loss. As Dr. Rassman says, shampoo ingredients really cannot penetrate deep enough into the scalp to be affect the cause of hair loss (androgens and androgen receptors).

On the other hand, we also have scientific studies that prove Nizoral 'works' to a very limited extent to reduce male pattern hair loss - although how it does this is a matter of debate. So I'm pretty agnostic about Revita, overall. Use it if you feel it would help, but don't rely on it alone. To really stop hair loss you need Propecia.

Thanks for the kudos Beachboy - though I've gotta stress that I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist, just a guy who's tried to read as much as he can about Propecia and some of the other well known hair loss treatments. If you really want authentic advice about medical treatments, speak to a professional like Dr. Ashcroft.

Now, Revita. Yes, I've used it too. As Beachboy says, it's difficult to say whether it was beneficial because I was also using finasteride at the time (and still am). Generally, I'm pretty suspicious of shampoos that claim to treat hair loss. As Dr. Rassman says, shampoo ingredients really cannot penetrate deep enough into the scalp to be affect the cause of hair loss (androgens and androgen receptors).

On the other hand, we also have scientific studies that prove Nizoral 'works' to a very limited extent to reduce male pattern hair loss - although how it does this is a matter of debate. So I'm pretty agnostic about Revita, overall. Use it if you feel it would help, but don't rely on it alone. To really stop hair loss you need Propecia.

Hi Guys

I have been using the Revita shampoo now for about 6 weeks, and am thinking of stopping as the shed I have had is quite severe... I know your meant to leave these things 3 months but I have/had mild MPB, but after the shed you can really start to see my scalp :(

It would be good to have reports from users of Revita - and whether you experienced any shedding, or real benefits to using it?

Thanks, would be good to hear

ianw2000uk

I have been using this for 6 months now, I have noticed an enhanced quality of hair, more volume/feels thicker all over(especially at the front and temples, but thats because i had a HT :lol: )

I personally didnt look for any shedding, therefore didnt see any shedding. I learned this trick from starting on proscar the second time, The first time i started on proscar I became obsessed with furiously rubbing my hair to see if I was shedding, inspecting the pillow case to see if I was shedding, looking at the top of my head in the brightest light possible to look for scalp etc. of course all i'd see was naturally shed hairs, but you convince yourself otherwise, so i stopped, then I thought if I dont do anything I will go bald, so the second time I disciplined myself to not fuss over it and its been fine.

Hi All

I have been using Revita for about 5 months now. Hair and scalp feel better although thats probably to do with the Emu Oil that is contained within. Revita also contains many other ingredients e.g. the main ingredient in Nizoral for example at 1% strength.

I am only using shampoos at the moment to control hairloss as I only have slight loss - temples, and mid frontal section is thinning but you wouldn't ordinarily notice (well I don't think you would :D )

So all in all am hoping that Revita is containing the hairloss as doesn't appear to be any better or worse.

I also rotate using Revita with using T-Gel cole tar shampoo (once per week), plus Nizoral (once per week).

Would love to hear from others out there that are using Revita, and/or using shampoos only for containing hairloss...

Cheers everyone

Ian

Shampoos alone are unlikely to be able to contain male pattern hairloss. There are a couple of studies that show Nizoral to be effective (according to one, it's as good as 2% minoxidil - which is pretty weak). However, there is no data on any other shampoo and we need to treat the claims of some manufacturers with caution.

http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/09/04/does...mpoo-block-dht/

Remember that male pattern hair loss fluctuates considerably, with periods of accelerated loss lasting 3­-6 months followed by stable periods lasting 6­-18 months. It's quite possible a slow phase of hair loss has coincided with your use of a particular product.

Thanks Pondle

The problem I've got then - and I admit it is a good problem - is do I just wait for it to get to the point where it is noticeable (its not at present) then start taking things like propecia and minoxadil, or start them now and potentially risk health etc...

I know only I can answer that one but it would be worth hearing from others who have faced a similar decision...

Many thanks and appreciate your views and comments

Best, Ian

Ian, the sooner you start using Propecia the more hair you'll save. Regrowth is rare so your best hope is to maintain what you've got.

Neither Propecia or Regaine are serious health risks. Side effects from both are generally mild and reversible. The worst you can probably expect is a decrease in libido, and that only effects around 2% of men using Propecia.