Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Temples Hair Loss

The only approved treatments are finasteride and minoxidil; dutasteride is also effective but is not licensed for treating hair loss.

If you want a lot more hair at the temples, you should perhaps look into a hair transplant. I hear that Dr Armani manages to recreate an excellent hairline - http://www.alviarmanihairtransplants.com/

Another thing I have been using is Nizoral......im unsure whether this is effecitve the hair i have shed with this is unbelievable. im sure i've heard of this before somehwere

You're not supposed to use Nizoral too often, twice a week is enough. Many guys don't bother with it at all.

Every time i touch my head or even slighlty pull my hair there is 2 or 3 hairs each time coming out, all i am on is Proscar but the top continues to get thinner, it feels like its looking worse evry wk.ive been on Proscar for about a year now

Everyone sheds a certain number of hairs per day. Approximately 10-15 percent of all hairs are in the resting phase (due to shed) at any one time. I think a loss of something like 80 is regarded as normal.

Maybe you would be better off going on the Boots hair retention programme. It is a much more expensive source of fin than Dr Ashcroft, but you get regular scalp photos taken and assessed as a progress check.

i was on that boots retention plan Pondle and i fairness i learnt more from this site about the drug and hair loss than the chemist knew at that point,may well be different now.

i was on that boots retention plan Pondle and i fairness i learnt more from this site about the drug and hair loss than the chemist knew at that point,may well be different now.

Then I stand corrected! :unsure: But they took photos, didn't they? I thought if someone with an objective perspective took regular pics, Scotty would have an unbiased view on his progress.

Then I stand corrected! :unsure: But they took photos, didn't they? I thought if someone with an objective perspective took regular pics, Scotty would have an unbiased view on his progress.

yes pondle they took pictures and ask you a load of general questions but it seemed they did not really know what they were talking about,in fact the guy i saw admitted as much.

Another quick question, i have been using Toppik on the cron could this make hair loss worse ie cloggin up the hair. It is messy but not sure whether it can cause more hairloss????