Quiff

Newbie Saying Hello

Hello there guys

I am really impressed that there is a forum like this. I have been wondering around aimlessly for years, trying to find a UK community. Spex is the one that pointed me this way (cheers Spex).

My hairloss journey started at the age of 18 at school. I noticed a lot of my hair falling out whilst washing it and got worried. I made an appointment with the doctor, and found out the hair loss is heredrity as my dad is bald. Great, that was the end of that. The hair loss was still in the back of my mind.

Come 2004 at college I read a lot about ht, and was up for having it done but didn't know any reliable clinics in the UK, or people that had it done. I'm glad I didn't have the procedure after reading some of the horror stories of some unfortunate people (luckily they have seen the light abroad).

It is 2007, and I saw some college photos from 2004 and can't believe how much the hair loss has accelerated. I really don't mind shaving it all off, but because of my peculiar features I would resemble something far worse than a convict...a clown. I have a big roman nose and pointy ears, so you can understand where I am coming from.

After ignoring the problem for too long, I am seriously looking to go down the ht route. I am 25 and am not getting any youger. I will have enough saved by January 08 and have Dr Feller in mind. I have been impressed with the success stories.

I would like to provide you with pics but this is the first forum I have joined so am unfamiliar with picture uploading. If someone cound give me a general pointer, hopefully I will pick it up in no time.

Quiff

Hi and welcome - send your pics over to me via email if not already and i can easily put them up for you -no worries. B)

Hi Quiff

I sympathise mate, I look like a c*nt with a shaven head too. I didn't start losing until I was in my mid 20's and I am 38 now- doesn't get any easier though. Get on the meds (finasteride) and chill for a bit.

Cheers

Hello there great hearing from you all. Cheers Maneman, I am hoping that my virgin doner area is in top shape. I need to check out some scalp laxity excercises.

Beardyweirdy, at last someone who knows what it is like to be in the dilema. It is an annoying position to be in :angry: . Have you tried going for the goatee look, that may help. A roman nose just ruins any look that you can go for.

I'll email you the pics Spex. Just let me know what angles you want, Top/side/front and in what lighting.

Cheers guys

Quiff

ps. PB_ I really miss my rock 'n' roll quiff. Hopefully one day I can have it again, with help of Feller :) .

Quiff, i hear your anxiety! Been there not too long ago myself. Luckily though i did my research and it paid off buckets :) You are very lucky indeed that you found the forums and didn't jump in with a UK clinic as you would have undoubtedly been left in a pickle. :ph34r:

By performing your research and not rushing into the maze you will fast realise that you need to travel to get a top shelf HT. Getting a HT done in the UK has proven time and time again to be a very bad idea even by one of the so called best doctors here <_< Their so called results are terrible and the sheer lack of results from the UK other than awful, unnatural bodges only confirms the fact again and again. Why get a crap HT and be disfigured here in the UK when you can get the best in the world perform a work of art for less money even. A 6 hour flight is all it takes so not exactly difficult is it. You have luckily be made aware but many arn't so lucky.

All the very best with Dr Feller. He is a top guy as well as a brilliant artist/surgeon. B)

Alright Hairroot

That is exactly my thinking. If you can spend the same amount (most likely less) and get the best results possible you might as well go to the US. I can't believe I was almost close to getting a consultation with Norton Clinic but read the info about "their hts" on this forum, before I went ahead.

Gotta admit the travel to NY scares the hell outta me the most, as I haven't travelled that far alone before. At the end of the day doing something that scares you will only make you stronger.

I had brilliant results from Feller! :D Couldn't be happier. Flying to New York is as easy as catching a bus to your local town center only you get to eat , drink and watch movies the entire way. I have never been to a more vibrant and fantasitic city as NYC! B) You have nothing to worry at all B) B)

Definately travel goes without saying and is a must to get the best natural results. B) I made the mistake of going to the H0spital Gr0up -NIGHTMARE :ph34r: :ph34r: I then nearly went to Rogers but luckily found the forums B)

You can not go wrong with Dr Feller B)

Travelling to NY isn't anything to worry about - it's enjoyable actually. Not that long a flight, they speak English there (well most do <_< ) and lots of places to see. I've been three times and plan to go again - unfortunately I won't be coming back with any more hair next time because I'm out of donor but there are still a lot of things I want to see and do there. NY is a great place, everybody should go there even if they don't need a HT B)

Welcome Quiff!

Definitely can relate to you. Your experiences sound pretty similar to mine - noticed hairloss at 18, went to uni with it very much on my mind (forked out £1000 for minoxidyl and laser crap at ********* for final year - WASTE!), and had a very anxious 20s where I couldnt stop worrying. Fortunately, my hairloss did slowdown a lot from 25 onwards (possibly due to finasteride?), but I was still desperate to get it sorted.

I'm 29 now and finally had an HT with Feller 2 weeks ago, and effectively been given a hairline shape similar to how it was when I was 18. Seems like Feller has done an amazing job of packing it pretty dense too, which is handy cos I have super fine, flyaway hair. Of course, I've had a lot of luck in that my subsequent loss hasn't been too extreme, but it's definitely advised to get on the meds asap, and wait a while to see what your further loss will be, before taking the plummet with an HT. That way you should have a better idea of your aims and what can be done.

Spex is your man, though...

Good luck and keep us posted!!! :)

S

Quiff pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

- You appear to have a good donor supply so it all depends on the supply meeting the demand long term - this needs appropriate planning. I would recommend that if you were to see Doc Feller for a session he would perform as large a session as possible on you in one session safely. This could potentially harvest 4000 - 4500+ grafts - The exact number can ONLY be determined on the day of surgery by the Doc off the back of YOUR goal and YOUR variables ie donor density, laxity etc . He can perform 6000+ If YOU have the supply ;-) 4000-4500 is a good estimate first time round and these grafts would give you good coverage from the front to approx 3/4 way back at appropriate density but you would have to go back several months later to utilise you donor area effectively to have a second session to address further back -ie into the crown.

Your particular situ is DEFIANTLY going to have to be addressed in a minimum of 2 sessions. 2 large sessions, due to the large requirements.(donor dependant)

This means your HT will be performed safely and that you will be able to utilise more donor hair effectively. Donor management is vital here. Something Doc Feller knows all about due to great experience in this arena.

Have a look at this montage as there are some mega sessions pics:

Montage

Also Jim: 7200 grafts NW6:

Jim

nw6 4000 grafts:

nw6

Hope this info helps