Sign in to follow this  
johnyd473

Any Advice On Brummells Hair Restoration

Never heard of them and after having a quick look at their site :unsure: i think you should be aware they are selling you a system - wig! the same as AHS.

Be aware of all the hiden costs like maintanance, fitting, need for new ones regularly - -

I think you might of taken what specs said the wrong way, wig is a horrible word and counjours up images of blatently obvious hair peices.

But in the end your going to end up putting some one else hair on a patch of material on your head, wether it looks good or not is down too the hair dresser who cuts it. A freshly made system with out it being cut too your head will look stupid but that same wig cut properly can look just like real hair, as long as it doesnt fall off or slip :o.

Some dude who does GMTV was going on about it today but i forgot his name, the hairdresser him self is bald, maybe he has some info, if you can find out what his name was.

Hi johnyd473

Welcome to the world of advertising.

A wig is a wig, no matter what they try to call it.

A transplant is a better step to take.

A good hair transplant is undetectable.

As you have met Specs you will know what I mean.

The success of a transplant lies in the skill of the surgeon.

Sure they can do work on the temples but you must remember that a transplant is for life and people do not look natural, say by the time they reach 50, they have the temples of a 17 year old.

The surgeon must take into account natural hair loss and that includes the temples.

The temples will always show some sign of receeding even if someone has a full head of hair.

Dr Feller is way ahead of the UK for Transplants.

Good luck with you decision and keep us posted.

Bill

Dr feller is one of the best surgeons in the world if not the best!

johnyd - have you met specs inperson, his hair in person is 10x better than the pics hey!

Hey all. I too hear that places like AHS are complete rip off's relying on expensive marketing schemes. You speak of temples of a 17 year old, im 17 and mine are nearly completely gone :D:( ah well, i dont think anything will help that but a HT. I'm back from holiday now anyway, hope you are all well, specs is more than happy to help with HT info. Joe

first you need to get on propecia/proscar and stop further loss before embarking on a ht other wise you will be playing constant catch up :D

sounds like you'll need 1000 - 2000 grafts too hard to say without seeing pics but your best bet without a doubt is to meet specs at one of his London consults.

Flight to NYC is roughly £200 - £250 (blockbusters are doing 2 4 1 at the mo B) )

I've booked my flight recently for August costing me £245 - accomodation £45 a night in Manhattan!!!

1000 grafts will cost £2000 approx

all the best

g

your best approach is to meet specs and have a consultation to accurately assess the no. of grafts you may well need and then you'll know what direction you'll be heading.

Good luck with the business!

g