Pat from HTN

Tour Of Leading Clinics In Europe - Spring Of 2007

Since this hair transplant forum focuses on physicians in the UK in particular, I thought members could benefit from what I learned in visiting leading hair transplant clinics in the UK and Northern Europe this past Spring.

I know many members of this forum are painfully aware of the very poor track record that UK clinics in particular have. Many hair loss sufferers in the UK have felt compelled to fly over the pond to do surgery with Dr. Alan Feller and other top physicians. I have had the privelage of visiting Dr. Feller's clinic and many other leading North American clinics as the publisher of the Hair Transplant Network. To see the highlights from my recent visit to Dr. Feller's world class clinic and other leading clinics in North America, click here.

However, based on my research and in person visits, I believe that there are a handful of hair transplant clinics in Europe who are on pare with the very best clinics in North America.

Prior to my trip to Europe I did research on hair transplant clinics throughout Europe. Many clinics were immediately scratched off the list of clinics worth considering or visiting based on their use of outdated techniques and poor patient results.

Over the past ten years, as the publisher of the Hair Transplant Network, I have had the benefit of corresponding with many European patients who shared their experiences. These first hand accounts were valuable in identifying those clinics who provided consistently good, bad or mediocre results.

Based on what I've come to know, I chose to visit the following clinics which I thought looked most promising in Europe:

Dr. Jean DeVroye – Brussels, Belgium

Dr. Bijan Feriduni – Hasselt, Belgium

Pro Hair Clinic in Belgium

Note – Dr. Bisanga, with the BHR clinic in Brussels, looked impressive. However, he was in the USA during my visit and thus not available to let me observe his surgery.

Farjo Medical Centre in Manchester, England (Physicians Drs. Bessam and Nilofer Farjo)

Rogers clinic in London (physicians – Dr. Rogers and Dr. Stevenson)

To view the highlights and photos from my visits to these clinics I invite visitors to view the forum topic - Tour of Leading Clinics in Europe.

I hope that the moderator of this forum finds this link to be acceptable in the interest of patient education, just as I have linked to this forum as a resource to our visitors.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that the members of this forum may have. My email is pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com

Best wishes for restoring your hair, Pat Hennessey

i am new here but have been a reader of all the forums for some time including the one on the links here. i had surgery here in the uk which has left me requiring repair <_< i consulted with both the clinics you have linked farjo and rogers and both did not install me with much confidence to help my situation to be honest i found rogers very unenthusiastic about helping me and farjos consultant arrogant and had no empathy he had a very obvious transplant which didn't really install any confidence in me. and after reading many posts of patient experiences on many forums i have opted to travel to see feller as i don't believe that the clinics in the uk can offer the same end result from the results i have seen here.

here are some recent rogers pictures. are these what i can expect from feller... i hope not :(

i thought about going to europe to see many of the advertised clinics but after reading so many glowing reviews and testimones from guys who had been in simialr situaion to me the common opinion is that you need to travel to get the best and i do not have the option to roll the dice and hope. i need to get my situation sorted by the best so intend to travel.

However, based on my research and in person visits, I believe that there are a handful of hair transplant clinics in Europe who are on pare with the very best clinics in North America.

IPB Image

post op 1800 grafts

IPB Image

post op 3800 grafts total

IPB Image

300 fue

IPB Image

You are more than welcome to post your information on here Pat. Your forum offers very useful and helpful information.

I would be prepared for a difference in opinion on some of the information provided though.

I appreciate this forums willingness to share information between our forum/sites. We all share a common interest in using open forums to keep physicians, webmasters and forum moderators accountable.

I can understand why a patient who has been through the mill would go to a top doctor like Dr. Feller who has many patients who have vouched for him and his work online. No one wants to gamble with their limited donor bank, especially after already suffering disappointing past surgeries.

I think the few European clinics that do quality work need to do a much better job of sharing their results online, especially on this forum. Too often on our Hair Transplant Network forum, a few clinics have dominated the discussions, while clinics doing work that is the same quality are rarely discussed. To even the playing field, I try to encourage patients of all clinics to present their experience - the good, the bad and the ugly. But some clinics are simply more Web savvy and or have employees dedicated to cultivating their reputation online. I think potential patients benefit from seeing and hearing more patient accounts from multiple clinics.

SAF, I would absolutely go to any of the clinics I recommend in Europe. I genuinely believe that they are on pare with the very best in North America. However, like North America, the majority of work being done by most hair transplant clinics isn't really worth getting even for free.

It's amazing that a world prominent country like the UK has so few credible options for hair transplant clinics. But I do think that patients in the UK and Europe don't have to fly the pond to get world class hair transplantation, if they choose the clinic carefully.

Best wishes for regrowing your hair to all members of this forum.

Pat

But I do think that patients in the UK and Europe don't have to fly the pond to get world class hair transplantation,

I genuinely believe that they are on pare with the very best in North America

Tell that to belkin999 (Rogers), bennyblanco(Farjo), captain_forehead(Rogers), haggis(Rogers), jaym(Farjo), chrome(Rogers), dazzauk(Rogers), etc....... <_<

Out of interest how much do clinics pay to be a memeber on your coalition/recommended list Pat from HTN?

But I do think that patients in the UK and Europe don't have to fly the pond to get world class hair transplantation,

I genuinely believe that they are on pare with the very best in North America

Tell that to belkin999 (Rogers), bennyblanco(Farjo), captain_forehead(Rogers), haggis(Rogers), jaym(Farjo), chrome(Rogers), dazzauk(Rogers), etc....... <_<

Out of interest how much do clinics pay to be a memeber on your coalition/recommended list Pat from HTN?

After my experience, 1st HT with H******* ***** (aka butchers) :angry: and then rogers, not a butcher but i feel after my HT with him he just doesnt have the skill of the top docs in the US/canada.

I wish i would have found these forums earlier, now booked in with Dr Feller.

After my experience, 1st HT with H******* ***** (aka butchers) and then rogers, not a butcher but i feel after my HT with him he just doesnt have the skill of the top docs in the US/canada.

I wish i would have found these forums earlier, now booked in with Dr Feller.

good luck dazzauk :) i wish i had found them sooner as it could of saved a lot of agony and anxiety <_<

obviously you are not happy with rogers ht either. i was not impressed by rogers at all and his recent pictures don't make me want to sign up at all. i wish they did as i wish i didn't have to travel but like you undertand we must travel to get it done right <_<

so much for opinions on clinics i think its best coming from actual patients :rolleyes:

so much for opinions on clinics i think its best coming from actual patients :rolleyes:

Exactly <_< HTN has just lost all its credibility in my opinion :angry: More worthless words with nothing to back it up.

Looks like Hair Loss Help is the only reliable US forum now <_<

To any newbies considering a HT: I would ignore Pat's Euro/UK recommendations and only believe what you see from actual patients with clear pre-op, immediate post-op and progress pictures (and preferably see some patients in person). Don't believe everything you read <_<

To clarify, I do not currently recommend Dr. Rogers or the Prohair Clinic in Beligium. I simply took the time to visit these clinics so I could share my observations online.

My full report, including photos, is posted on the Hair Transplant Network forum. This report did point out issues that I thought both Dr. Rogers and Dr. Stevenson needed to improve upon before they merited recommendation. I will say that both Dr. Rogers and Dr. Stevenson impressed me as being ethical and interested in improving their techniques and procedures. I suspect that in time they will make such improvements, in part to be able to be competitive online.

I certainly believe in first hand patient accounts. That's really what our hair transplant community is all about - patients, including me and hundreds of others, sharing ideas on our forum and patient blogs and ultimately determining which physicians are chosen to be recommended.

But I think it's important that patients not get too fixated on their particular physician. I had great life changing results with my physician. But after having visited dozens of leading clinics around the world I know that there is no one best hair transplant surgeon but rather a few dozen excellent ones.

I hope that those who take on the public roll of forum moderators and patient advocates make a commitment to being open minded and fair rather than to any one particular physician.

Best wishes, Pat

P.S. I do want to make it clear that as stated on our website the physicians who are recommended on our site after a careful review process do pay a monthly sponsorship fee to support our community.

Pat,

For your information there are several Doctors discussed here, not just Dr Feller. Which is the point you are obviously trying to make.

We have reps/Doctors who post for a variety of clinics along with a variety of patients from different clinics. We have Cole, Feller, Rahal, HW, Rogers, Biganga patients, etc.. We even have clinic representatives who post derogatory comments using aliases toward their own patients as well (The SHLN team have their IP's)

I think our readers are made very well aware that there is more than one "best hair transplant surgeon" out there. There are many links provided here to a variety of different forums, including yours. We are one of the few forums that allows this. This benefits patients and gives them a much wider perspective on various opinions and results from a number of different clinics/patients. This provides the readers and posters a much greater wealth of information to allow them to make a much more informed decision.

Patients from any clinic are welcome to post here and provide information for everyone to view and see the standard of work their surgeon/clinic provides. They are all asked to provide pictures of their results for the readers and posters to pass judgement. As i am sure you are well aware though there are not many patients from the UK clinics that post their pictures other than repair patients regardless of the NUMEROUS requests for pictures.

I hope that those who take on the public roll of forum moderators and patient advocates make a commitment to being open minded and fair rather than to any one particular physician

We are very open minded here Pat, we have to be. Like i mentioned previously, ANY patient or clinic is welcome to post and represent their clinics work on this forum. Thats ANY. I don't quite understand why you feel the need to do it for them though on this forum.

I assume you are also intending to share your clinic visit links on the various other forums Pat to get your opinion heard, although i have not seen them. Is it only on this forum you intend to share them? It would be interesting to get other forum members opinions.

Another point i feel you are trying to make is with reference to "Patient advocates". I pressume you mean Spex?

I may be wrong, but as you know Spex is a very helpful and popular member on this forum and has helped many patients, not just Dr Feller patients. He does this on many forums, yours included. He represents Dr Feller who is discussed here regularly and is very popular amongst his patients (These patients provide documented proof of their sessions time and time again) so i can only assume this comment is directed toward him. If you read his posts or the testimonies from patients that have met with Spex, you will see that he speaks freely about different clinics and gives support and advice to all the patients he interacts with on the forums and shares a great deal of information, not just about Dr Feller.

I think its up to the patients reading all the forums though to make their own minds up on which clinic they choose to go to either first time round or to get repaired and whether or not they opt to travel based on viewing patient experiences.

As we can see though from all the forums the general opinion from actual UK patients through their own experiences and transplant journeys recommend travelling to get the best surgery available today. These are not just Feller patients but a variety of patients who have travelled to many different clinics. These patients for one reason or another through their own research have opted to have surgery performed with a US/Canadian clinic. These patients have then gone on to share their experiences and pictures.

We must ask why is it though that hardly any patients from the UK clinics choose to share their experiences and pictures other than the UK repair cases. Also, why is it that the general opinion on ALL the forums is to not limit your options and to receieve the best then you need to seriously consider travelling. This hasn't only ever been mentioned once and hasn't only been mentioned here but many times on every forum.

There is next to nothing in terms of UK clinic results to contradict with this very common, long running opinion shared by actual UK patients in my opinion. Why are there not more UK patients sharing their results on the various forums and showing the community their UK cutting edge, ultra refined, state of the art, natural results??

All the best Pat and thank you again for linking your UK/Europe visit information.

I'd say that this forum is in fact more open than HTN - clinics aren't required to pay "monthly sponsorship" fees in order to post here - any clinic can come on, any time <_<

Seems it don't take a lot to be added to the HTN coalition list. How can Farjo be on par with Hasson,Feller,

Rahal etc..

You may as well stick Bosley on the list while your there.

Seems it don't take a lot to be added to the HTN coalition list. How can Farjo be on par with Hasson,Feller,

Rahal etc..

Yes, one wonders indeed <_<

Moderator,

I commend you for running an open minded forum. I decided to share the information I gathered about Europe on this forum because of your site's European base and it's willingness to be open to all useful information. Unfortunately this is not true of all forums. HLH has long banned any exchange of information between our forums.

I do agree that many clinics and their patients are virtual no shows online. I know that sometimes clinics that do outstanding work in North America some times also have virtually no online forum "buzz", while other clinics get all the attention. I find it is hard to cultivate an even playing field on our forum when some clinics have paid online representatives, while others do not. As you know, some clinics have given incentives to some of their patients to promote them. In my opinion, when such covert marketing is not rooted out it can damage the credibility of a forum. I think this is an issue that plagues all hair restoration forums.

I was really thinking of PB in particular when I commented that those promoting themselves as patient advocates need to see beyond who they are promoting. PB seems to reject all information and or people that don't support his pre-existing bias and agenda. But this is probably obvious to most intelligent observers.

As for PB's false accusation that our forum is not open, let me make clear that while only physicians who meet high standards and deliver consistent results are recommended on the Hair Transplant Network, our forum is open to all patients and physicians who respect our forum rules.

I've just added the highlights from my recent visits to leading clinics in Ontario, Canada. Since some of the members of this forum have been traveling to Canada for their surgeries they may find this of interest.

Best wishes, Pat

P.S. The Farjos are not currently members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. However, they are being considered for membership. I welcome any input from actual patients of theirs - especially recent patients who have done ultra refined follicular unit grafting with them.

As for PB's false accusation that our forum is not open, let me make clear that while only physicians who meet high standards and deliver consistent results are recommended on the Hair Transplant Network, our forum is open to all patients and physicians who respect our forum rules.

At least get your facts right - I did not say anywhere that your forum is not open, I said that this forum is more open.

I'd say that this forum is in fact more open than HTN - clinics aren't required to pay "monthly sponsorship" fees in order to post here - any clinic can come on, any time <_<

P.S. The Farjos are not currently members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians. However, they are being considered for membership. I welcome any input from actual patients of theirs - especially recent patients who have done ultra refined follicular unit grafting with them.

Yes, I remember how welcome jaym/slaphead was on your forum, hypocrite!

HLH has long banned any exchange of information between our forums.

Well done Farrel! I don't blame him one bit.

Pat,

I really don't appreciate you coming onto this forum with all your insinuations to be honest.

PB seems to reject all information and or people that don't support his pre-existing bias and agenda.

PB has been a very helpful poster on here and other forums to ALL posters. This will only be confirmed by all the posters here. He has always offered solid advice off the back of experience with 2 hair transplants procedures. He has been one of the most honest patients i have seen at sharing information about his transplant experience. He has shared pictures at every stage good or bad. Not many have been as honest and open about sharing their experiences. It is to my knowledge he has also met with several UK patients here in the UK at the various meetings so has optioned his own opinion through his own research, like you.

You have come on here pointing the finger Pat when maybe you need to look a little closer to home and look at some of the "patient advocates" that reside on your own forum. I recently browsed through and saw one poster in particular who can't say a sentence without mentioning his clinic and how amazing they are. He seems to be the only patient from that clinic though. Worth checking into that a little more if i were you as we have had UK clinics try to represent themselves with aliases here before <_<

It is for UK patients from UK clinics that need to come onto these forums to address the balance and attempt to alter the opinion that you need to travel for a HT. Not you Pat and not clinics with aliases. By all means direct any patients that contact you from the UK clinics to this forum as we would too be interested to see actual patients results and interact with them here to obtain further information.

I personally don't appreciate you coming on here though and trying to discredit a poster like PB who although speaks very highly of Dr Feller has shared more information about hair transplants than most. He has also helped many newbies on both here and HLH to my knowledge without mentioning his Doctor in every sentence like a few posters on your forum clearly do.

I think it advisable you stick to posting your information on your own forum from now on Pat.

All the best.

Note: This topic will just be locked and deleted if it turns into a slagging match.

Hello everyone,

After Pat brought this thread to my attention, I wanted to add my contributions.

Firstly, after reading this entire thread, I don't see any reason why people should be fighting about the information provided. There is no agenda here other than to provide information that there are indeed some quality hair transplant clinics in the UK.

None of this takes away from the fact that Dr. Feller (among others) is a first-rate hair restoration physician providing high quality results.

I also want to state that I believe and agree that patient feedback indeed is the most credible information. I believe that everyone here can attest to that. That being said I can only hope that there will be more UK patients of the mentioned doctors that will share their results with us online. Though in an ideal world, the hair transplant patient would post their results online, some hair transplant patients just want to remain covert and move on with their lives. That's one reason why we encourage all of our recommended/coalition physicians and clinics to participate online with us and hope that their patients will contribute as well.

But Pat has dedicated himself and his career to seeking after only the best hair transplant clinics in the world. Recommendations and coalition memberships are based on the quality of hair transplantation provided by these clinics. These clinics do contribute a nominal fee to be recommended and coalition members which is how our site is funded. The information is posted publicly and can be found here. Every community has to be funded to remain active. I believe that as long as the site owners are ethical, it won't compromise the site's credibility and integrity. This is true of the Hair Trransplant Network.

I also feel that it is normal for patients to be somewhat "defensive" of their hair transplant doctors especially when they have changed our lives...let's face it!

But I hope that the viewers and members of this forum will keep an open mind and that there are other quality transplant physicians out there other than their own.

For PB to say the HTN has lost all credibility is nonsensical to me. I have no doubt that he is a well respected member of this community and has done a lot to help people. I even remember the guy from the HTN back in the "old days" and we were mates.

If my memory serves me correctly, PB left our community because he felt there was a lack of interest in his case from fellow members. However, he came back at one point as "PB Ressurected" to share his results with the few people that showed him genuine care. I am honored to say that I am one of them. I do wonder however, why PB has lost a sense of "faith" in the HTN?

I'll be welcome to answer any questions that I can about any of the information above.

Best wishes,

Falceros

Associate Publisher and Co-Moderator of the Hair Transplant Network as of 8/1/2007

I want to further add that member Slaphead was welcome on our forum.

I personally had countless conversations with him online and offline in order to try to help him through a difficult time. He seemed very appreciative.

Pat has all the details of the facts of the case, but ultimately Slaphead chose (due to advice from his lawyer) to pull all the public threads about his experience from our forum even though Pat and I both advised him to leave them. The fact that lawyers were involved on both sides was what made the situation ugly...nothing else.

Best wishes,

Falc

Hi Pat

Long time no speak :D I see you have taken to coming to other people's forums in order to promote your own forum and to trash ours. What's new....

Don't worry, I'm not going to talk about the past and tell everyone why I had to ban you from our forum a few years ago. That's old news and water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

What I do take issue with is you coming here and posting crap about our site with this comment

"HLH has long banned any exchange of information between our forums."

Why tell half the story when you can tell the full story? Why not tell them its because you would not allow anyone to post a link to their personal website they created on our site, on your forum. Even though these sites have no links to anything on our site.

I guess you never posted that part of the story because it would make you look bad instead of us.

I don't usually post on other forums but I will always make the effort when I see another website owner posting some BS about us.

Farrel

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. After a number of UK HT surgeries from a number clinics I can say from personal experience, spanning 3 to 4 years that the UK is not even at 50% of the standard of the North American clinics.

Pat, you visted two clinics in the UK, you looked at the instruments they employed. One of these clinics isn''t even using the most up to date equipment and you still recommend them.

There are a number of patients who have been to both these clinics and who have had terrible results and in most instances have been disfigured. Please look through the archives on this discussion forum and HLH, search for UK patients and count how many have who have had surgeries in the UK have posted results and how many of those i) are happy with the result and ii) have results that are on par with the Northern American clinics.

I think you should change the criteria you use to assess and recommend clinics because it is obvisiously flawed. Results from many UK patients provide enough evidence to support this view as your search of the archives should show you.

May I suggest this, rather than making a decision based upon a day at a clinic and how well you are pampered by these wealthy butchers, you make a decision based upon patient opinions, patient experiences and patient photographs taken under consistent conditions covering the entire life cycle of a HT. I think this will be far more objective.

As well you know, or at least should know, a good HT is not determined merely by how congenial your host is if he thinks you will give him a bad review or whether the clinics use the most technologically advanced instruments or how good you look immediately post op!! I know from experience, inappropriately managed grafts result in a very low yield, regardless of how you loos post op.

Finally, yes I agree forums such as these need funding, how else are they able to survive. But let me point out what distinguishes this forum from your forum. This forum does NOT RECOMMEND any clinics. It is the patients who either recommend a clinic or share their experiences. So there is no conflict of interest here, where as you recommend a clinic and the clinic then pays you to remain on your site. Which way round this actually happens we don't know, but essentially your site operates on a conflict of interest...thereby making it far less trustworthy as PB pointed out...rightly so!! In the business world if there is conflict of interest it is managed away by removing one element of the conflict. For you to do this you would need to either stop making recommendations or stop charging/letting clinics advertise on your site, otherwise your recommendation are worthless!

sagg321,

What criteria do you use to determine that the clinics of the UK don't meet 50% of the standards of the North American clinics? Additionally, which clinic are you referring to that isn't using "up to date equipment"? And how do you know this?

In my experience, I have found after viewing countless patient photos that there are not many UK clinics that are using the latest techniques and technology. My criteria in evaluating this has been patient provided photos and feedback on various discussion forums. This however does not mean there aren't some quality clinics out there.

I must add that times do change. Hair Transplant Doctors who have been around long enough were once performing minigrafting and even plugs. Clearly many of these patients would be dissatisfied with their procedure, but back then, this was "state of the art" - sad but true. Oline "reputation" and history isn't always the best way to determine if a clinic produces quality results TODAY though I certainly understand the reluctancy. But the need to move forward is necessary.

The decision to recommend a clinic at the Hair Transplant Network is NOT based on Pat's clinical visitation alone but on patient feedback over the years. Note that the Farjo Clinic for example is still not a coalition member. Patient photos are still being examined and evaluated - however based on what we've seen, we believe they perform state of the art hair transplantation. Additionally, the Hair Transplant Network has removed a number of physicians who no longer were producing superior results.

Please also remember that Pat (above) has asked for patient feedback on any of the clinics he mentioned in his review. Patient feedback is extremely important in making a determination on who is worth recommending on our network.

Not only is there no conflict of interest in recommending certain physicians (whether they pay or not), I would argue that the Hair Transplant Network's integrity and credibility are on the line if we were to continually recommend clinics that produce less than adequate results. Consistently dissatisfied patients of our recommended physicians would lose trust in us and drive them away.

Therefore it is in EVERYONE'S best interest for the Hair Transplant Network to recommend only those who consistently deliver superior hair transplantation.

Best wishes,

Falceros

Associate Publisher and Co-Moderator of the Hair Transplant Network as of 8/1/2007

Patient Member of the Hair Transplant Network since 9/2007

Falceros,

My criteria is really rather simple, which probably makes more adequate in this regard than Pat's. I accept that the statement 'less then 50%' wasn't fully thought out and was made rather in a rather rash manner. After further research and rationalising I can say it's far less then 50%. The 50% value is unfairly inflating the success rate of UK clinics, something I after gone through what I have gone through should not have done.

I'm afraid Falceros, a conflict of interest remains regardless of whether, as stated by you, include patient experiences and photos. You receiving monies from clinics whilst reviewing and recommending clinics is a conflict of interest...period! An audit firm is not allowed to sell other services to the same firm regardless of the size of the contract. Why do you think this is? Quitely simply because it comprimises the auditors role as an independant entity and thereby corrodes its integrity.

My analysis of UK patient's experiences and photos does not span the sort of time frame you are talking about. I only had my first HT about 4 years and discovered this forum 2 years ago. Are you now suggesting that the top clinics in North America were producing sub-standard results due to poor instruments 2 to 3 years ago? May I also remind you that every instance is confined to history. My last post has been relegated to history, if I'm not to use history for my analysis then I have nothing on which to base my opinion and ultimately my decision.

If what you say is true about UK clinics then I believe there is only one 'objective' way this can be resolved. By UK patients posting their experiences and results on forums such as this. At the moment what you are asking us to do is ignore all first hand experiences from UK patients on this forum and HLH, ignore their photographs, ignore their results but instead accept and believe in Pat's evaluation. One man's subjective opinion, biased and coloured by alsorts of factors instead of a an ever growing evidence submitted by patients themselves!! Can you not see how ludicrous this is?! At least accept this....please, if you want to come across even remotely credible.

You could alternatively supply this forum with these patient experiences and photograph you talk about. And please don't simple swipe photos from Farjo's website. Every clinic can make an awful HT look good with professional photography!

The ball is in your court. You made the claim you should now prove it!

sagg321,

Thank you for your reply.

Generally speaking, I would agree with you that the UK has certainly produced some poor hair transplant results over the years. There is no wonder therefore why many hair loss sufferers feel that they must travel to North America to receive state of the art hair transplantation. I do not deny that many of the top surgeons in the world are in North America (which is why the majority of our recommended clinics are listed there).

My discussion of hair transplantation history certainly pre-dates what you are referring to as the last couple years.

I also agree that patient posted feedback and photos is the best way in determing a quality hair restoration clinic and is a huge part in how we make the decision to recommend or remove physicians from our network. Unfortunately however, many clinics have very few patients posting their results online which we all would like to see change. Does this mean these clinics do not produce a quality hair transplant? Not necessarily. Pat's visitation to these clinics provides something that nobody else does: a real time critique of the surgeon's hair transplantation skills.

The information Pat provided above is also not to CONVINCE anyone of ANYTHING, but rather to offer NEW information that hasn't been provided elsewhere. I have always been an advocate of the hair loss sufferer doing their OWN research even when asking about our recommended doctors. I often suggest patients not take anyone's word for it but to use the "find" feature of our forum to search for patient experiences and results. It is up to the hair loss sufferer to make a decision based up all the evidence available to them.

That being said, the information provided above is for all to consider - not to convince. It is also not meant to negate patient posted experiences but to give more information for the perspective hair transplant patient to digest during their research. Though the Hair Transplant Network believes that these clinics provide state of the art hair transplantation, perspective patients need to make up their own mind based on all the evidence. A lot of evidence has been provided in the links that Pat already provided. Pictures ARE available.

For those who are interested, a satisfied Farjo patient with his posted photos can be found here: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forum...61/m/2831033913. I will tell you all now that there will most likely be some debate on whether or not he should have received a larger session. I'll tell you this ahead of time, I would agree. I won't go into the discussion since it can all be found on that thread. But for the number of grafts he received, I believe he received a state of the art hair transplant.

Understand that recommended and coalition physicians are removed all the time if they fail to provide state of the art hair transplantation to their patients. See the following thread as an example: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forum...61/m/3091099923. The difference between recommended and coalition physicians can be found here: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consu...-physicians.asp.

Best wishes,

Falceros

Patient Member of the Hair Transplant Network since 9/2007

The decision to recommend a clinic at the Hair Transplant Network is NOT based on Pat's clinical visitation alone but on patient feedback over the years. Note that the Farjo Clinic for example is still not a coalition member.

Falceros:

You make it sound like the Farjo clinic is not being recommended by Pat now. However they are being recommended. You have two tiers of recommendations, not just the Coalition.

While you talk about them not being Coalition members you make it appear as if they are not being recommended when they indeed are being recommended by Pat.

This is not to knock them, I'm sure they do good work, but let’s be accurate here for the sake of the public. Ok?

In order for a person to be accepted into the Coalition, from their existing recommendation, they have to be determined to do "Ultra-refined" follicular unit grafting, as well as pay a higher fee. The problem is I have never heard of that term until Pat coined it and still don't quite understand what it means because it sounds so ambiguous. It’s like saying: "Super Duper Ultra Fantastic." :P

Furthermore, a doctor who is already being recommended by Pat may not want to apply to be accepted into the Coalition because it’s more expensive.

Shouldn’t you state that as well for the public?

In other words, it’s not just about being accepted into the Coalition, it’s also whether they are willing to pay more than they are already paying Pat.

My problem here is you are taking their money for a recommendation, while at the same time giving the public the impression they are not good enough for Pat to recommend them.

Please feel free to correct me if I have any of this wrong. I will certainly apologize if I have my facts incorrect.

Farrel

I also want to let you know that you have just confused me :P

First you said this:

Therefore it is in EVERYONE'S best interest for the Hair Transplant Network to recommend only those who consistently deliver superior hair transplantation.

Then you said this:

Understand that recommended and coalition physicians are removed all the time if they fail to provide state of the art hair transplantation to their patients.

If a doctor has been accepted by Pat for CONSISTENTLY delivering superior hair transplantation, how can they later then be removed for failing to do the very thing they were accepted for?

How does a doctor go from "CONSISTENTLY delivering superior hair transplantation" to being unable to provide "state of the art hair transplantation" to their patients?

I don't get it...

Farrel,

Long time no talk.

If you read my previous post, you'll see that I mentioned that the Farjo clinic is not a coalition member. I have also mentioned that there is a difference between coalition membership and recommendation. But to spell it out: The Farjo clinic is currently recommended on our network. For those who are interested, the technical differences between our coalition and recommended doctors can be found here

"Ultra Refined" follicular unit transplantation was a term coined by Pat which simply represents the refinements made in follicular unit transplantation since it has developed referring mostly to blade and incision size giving the ability of more densely packed sessions. It is like any other word to define a concept. ;). You can find more information on it here and here. But if you'd like to call it "Super Duper Ultra Fantastic", that's up to you ;).

Farrell, there is always a possibility that a recommended doctor is elligible for the coalition but may not want to pay. There is also the possibility that a clinic NOT recommended on our community can produce a quality hair transplant. As it clearly states on our site found here:

"Important Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair restoration surgeons. Nor do we warranty or guaranty the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all physicians"

But what we can say is that only those who are admitted into the coalition has met our high level of standards.

I also want to let you know that you have just confused me

Farrel...regarding your confusion...I suspect you are simply trying to trap me in my own words however, if you truly don't understand the nature of a continual evaluation process, then allow me to educate you :).

Doctors are admitted into membership (recommended or coalition) by initially meeting our standards for the membership. To determine this Pat will visit these clinics to ensure they are using the latest credible techniques and technology in hair transplantation. Patient feedback is vital in determining their initiation into membership. But a continual evaluation is needed to ensure these clinics are still meeting the recommendation/coalition standards. This is determined by re-visitation and continual patient feedback received through our hair restoration discussion forum or other means such as email, private messages, etc. If there is evidence that a hair transplant clinic isn't performing state of the art transplantation, they will be removed. We do not deny that some clinics may be removed from membership because they no longer want to pay into it (See disclaimer above). Again, another example of physician removal can be found here.

It is my opinion that this type of continual evaluation should be administered for drivers to determine whether they should keep their driver's license :D

This is not to knock them, I'm sure they do good work, but let’s be accurate here for the sake of the public. Ok?

We also believe the Farjo clinic does quality work. Accuracy has been provided and there was/is no intent to hide it. We believe strongly in what we do.

Best wishes,

Falceros

Falceros

You know what I find disturbing? It's not your actual replies, it's the fact that each post you and Pat make here has several links, all designed in my opinion, to help boost your Google rankings.

You don't just put a link and make that link live. You create relevant search engine key words and then put the links on those words leading to several of your own sites.

I am not going to continue discussing anything here so that you have more reason to throw up even more links.

What I am going to say is this. Let you and Pat demonstrate how "altruistic" you are by editing all of your posts and removing all the links to your sites that you posted here.

If you want to put a reference to something on your site then just post a text version of the address, don't make it an actual link.

In fact I would recommend that the moderator here see if you are willing to do that, and if not then he should just delete this entire thread, which in my opinion is nothing more than a mini "link-farm" designed to benefit the HTN.

No reason why you should profit from their work on this forum. :P

Farrel,

So in other words, since you can't win this debate with logic and reasoning, you are now questioning my credibility? If anything your attempt to side step the issues gives my post instant credibility.

But I'll indulge you for a brief moment. Take a look at the 4000+ posts I've contributed as a patient member of the Hair Transplant Network before I became an Associate Publisher/Co-Moderator. I've also made over 200 contributions on your network with no other intent than to help others. I've dedicated a lot of free time helping hair loss sufferers that many can attest to.

In other words, providing these links are for no other reason than to provide relevant information that you and others have asked about.

And you act as providing these links are a bad thing. There are countless links (including those to your forum at HLH) on our forum that we do not remove. Why? Because ultimately I find helping the hair loss sufferer far more important than hair politics! Only blatant solicitations and promotion links have been removed.

However if the Moderator sees fit to remove the keyword links, I ask that they are turned into live URLs (that won't impact search rankings) as they contain information relevant to this discussion.

I still wish you the best Farrel. We may not agree on everything but I believe you also have the heart of the hair loss sufferer in mind.

Best wishes,

Falc