Sign in to follow this  
beachboy

Beachboy's Ht

Hi mate - hope you are well - any updates as you must be 6 months! :)

Guys, I'm well overdue for an update on my progress since having an HT with Dr Feller in early September 07. I'm now 6 1/2 mths out and have experienced a lot of growth. The hair that has come through is coarse and curly, but by all accounts it's to be expected, becoming straighter/more refined over time. I have thick and wavy hair which is no doubt contributing to this. I have also noticed that the growth is stronger on the right side, but again I recall a number of posters saying that they too experienced uneven growth that eventually caught up.

I have to say that this has been nothing but a positive experience for me. The confidence in my appearance is improving and I find myself worrying less about how my hair looks generally.

Photo's added below (can't seem to attach them to this post for some reason). Good growth to all.

Beachboy

Looks like it is really starting to take off for you now mate. The curls to the transplanted hairs will die down after time, this happened to me too after my first HT.

Continue to grow well :)

Guys, I'm well overdue for an update on my progress since having an HT with Dr Feller in early September 07. I'm now 6 1/2 mths out and have experienced a lot of growth. The hair that has come through is coarse and curly, but by all accounts it's to be expected, becoming straighter/more refined over time. I have thick and wavy hair which is no doubt contributing to this. I have also noticed that the growth is stronger on the right side, but again I recall a number of posters saying that they too experienced uneven growth that eventually caught up.

I have to say that this has been nothing but a positive experience for me. The confidence in my appearance is improving and I find myself worrying less about how my hair looks generally.

Photo's added below (can't seem to attach them to this post for some reason). Good growth to all.

Beachboy

Hi BB... sorry I havent posted before.. I have been undercover.

But everything you just typed at 6 months... I could have typed myself at that stage.. the curly hair will definitely straighten out in time.. could take more than a year so be aware it may not happen by 10 months etc. but it will happen. Also... my right side came in stronger... this has leveled up but also took a long time for me. I was a repair patient tho...and scar tissue was a nightmare.. but from your pics.. I think you will be really happy with the end result.

All the best :)

New 10 month post op pics

IPB Image

IPB Image

10 months post op:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

He does have VERY thick hair :blink:

Dazzler, you're spot on mate with your comment about the thickness of my hair. I struggle to pass a comb through it at the back. Good in a lot of respects, but as Spex mentioned on Sunday, it may be necessary for another pass to get somewhere near the density of the existing hair. It's still early days and I will be waiting for at least 16 months to see how things turn out. I have recently had some sprouting and there is still a significant amount of fine, colourless hairs in the hairline that will thicken and mature between now and then.

Cheers

Beachboy

Continue to grow well mate!

You are a victim of your own density <_<

great stuff beachboy - but surely those are not 10 months pics? You had your HT about 3 weeks before me, and I've only just passed the 8month mark by a couple of days...

surely means you've got more to come than you expected! :)

You are right Steveyd - That was my mistake- BB is only 9 months :)

Hope you are well! B)