Lucky

I Need A Haircut

Hi guys;

I have let my hair grow out and I think I need a trim, can anyone whos been to a babrber since thier HT give me any advice? I have been putting it off for a couple of weeks and even thought about calling in a mobile hairdresser as I am a little embarressed

for the past 2 years I have buzzed my hair myself and don't like the idea of explaining my HT in front of an audience :ph34r:

Cheers :unsure:

Lucky

A mobile hair dresser aint a bad idea bud. I get pretty anxious every time i go the barbers as more often than not i get someone new and get paranoid, wish i didnt but i do. Im sure lots of guys are the same. You never know what your gonna get with different peeps cutting your everytime :blink:

Maybe just ask for a scissor cut which isnt as short as clippers which if to short can expose your strip scar. In my case anything under #4 can be a little suspect as it shows some indication of strip as people who are close have commented :ph34r:

Your hair looks great by the way. Hair greeds a bastard isnt it! The more you have the more you want!

Looking good at 8 months looks very natural, still more maturing to come. ;)

All the best!

Its bad enough going for a haircut when you're balding let alone when you have to explain away a HT scar. I've been doing my own with clippers for years. Cant remember what its like going to a hairdressers without feeling very self concious cant see me ever going to a hairdressers again. :(

I hear your anxiety mate - i was exactly the same and everyone is!! WE are paronoid that they could start asking questins and so on....

Its easy - Go to a barber out of your local area and wait till its quiet in there ;) Sit down and explain that you have a scar and that you want to go low but not expose it - If he askes whats the scar from, just tell him or make up some story about an operation you had to have and leave it there...

You will never have to go back there BUT -

I did did exactly this and the barber was like wow thats amazing, i have seen loads of HT's but no where near as good as this ;)

I now travel 15 miles to get my hair cut ;)

Like anything to do with our hair - its a much bigger deal for us than anyone else ;)

Hair looks great at 8 n 1/5 month!

I would get someone to clipper it. I think most go upto grade 9 so plenty available. :)

Thanks guys, I need to do something, I can't see my ears anymore :blink:

Lucky i was worried too. Had my first cut at about 5 months and got a sissors cut, not too tight and no buzzing. At 7 months i got a No3 buzz cut at a barber out of my local town and he nouiced nothing or at least said nothing, so a bit of everyones advice here i suppose.

IH

Lucky your hair looks f**king great anyway. I remember garageland once saying its one thing to admit to people you've had a HT when it's been a fantastic success but quite a different matter when it has'nt.

After my first HT I went to a barber I didn't know and waited until there weren't any other customers and just said I had a scar and asked her to buzz it down as short as she could without exposing the scar. After that, when I needed my next haircut, I went to my regular barber and didn't mention the scar or HT and nobody noticed. When looking downwards, the scar isn't visible, you can only see the scar if you lift the hair up and look from below.

After my second HT I made a mess of bussing my own hair so I just went to my regular barber and pointed the scar out and asked her to even things out as best she could. Fortunately there weren't any other customers waiting so it wasn't too bad. I just decided to go and not care about what anybody else thinks and get it over with. Now she knows so I won't have to explain anything about it next time I go.

I think you should shave it all off and forget about it. Joke ;)

I have cut my own hair for years now but it's starting to get harder now that there's more hair :o

Find out how low you can go at the back with the clippers before you go and then you can tell the barber not to go any shorter than that.

Good luck

I cut mine recently down to grade 4 with no problems. The scar is still a little red but next time i plan to go to a 3# at least. I have no need to go any shorter. I never went shorter than a 6 before though :)

So with the new Tricho scars Dr Fellers doing i presume they will just fade away so much you wouldnt have to worry about the hairdressers in time?

To be honest spitfire I forgot about the scar, I can't feel any trace nor see it, I know it's there but without shaving right down there is no way of telling, the scar is not my concern, I am worried about going into a crowded babrbers, the last time I went into a barbers was over 2 years ago, I am not sure if I should explain my situation or just hope for the best and they do not notice / make a mess of my hair.

I doubt they would notice... my barber hadn't noticed my first HT scar and it wasn't even a tricho. There is no way they would spot the difference in the recipient area either (not a Feller or other North American top doc HT anyway). Before my second HT I inspected my scalp to see where the HT hair ended and my natural hair started and I couldn't see any difference.

To be honest spitfire I forgot about the scar, I can't feel any trace nor see it, I know it's there but without shaving right down there is no way of telling, the scar is not my concern, I am worried about going into a crowded babrbers, the last time I went into a barbers was over 2 years ago, I am not sure if I should explain my situation or just hope for the best and they do not notice / make a mess of my hair.

Your hair does look very good. I don't think you have anything to worry about anyone knowing anything.

Recent pictures like yours really are moving Feller into first place for me. :) Thanks for sharing the pictures and please shar and new hair cut ones B)

From you pics.. I wouldn't have said you needed a serious haircut or style overhaul. I think if you can't see your scar, its highly unlikely that your barber will. I'm thinking of buying my own clippers to cut my hair but unless theres a book on cutting your hair for dummies, I think I'll take the mobile route.

I did google DIY haircuts but I don't think I could somehow, Barbers this weekend, defo!

Its fairly easy to cut your own hair if your doing a buzz cut, i think anything else would be very difficult. post the pics if you do it your self! :D

I used to buzz my hair myself haggis, but never done freehand scissors ;) lol

Eitherways if I end up bottling out of the barbers and do it myself and feck it up I will still take pics at my 9 month update (24th)

Lucky your hair looks f**king great anyway. I remember garageland once saying its one thing to admit to people you've had a HT when it's been a fantastic success but quite a different matter when it has'nt.

I agree with that ! And Lucky's hair looks amazing. Mine doesnt at the moment, and its always been a massive worry for me, finding a hairdresser. This first time I went, I didnt say anything, and the girl just buzzed it down - big mistake! I looked like I had an elastic band roung the back of my head.

Now I alway say "Ive had a hair transplant, so mind the scars" - most barbers will have seen loads, so there is no point hiding it.

I went recently to get my hair cut, 4 months post op so needed one badly. Drove to this small place with one barber, sat down and just told him to give a grade 5 on the sides. He didn't say anything about the scar...Although he was pretty old and had what looked like a really bad Elvis like wig, maybe just a bad haircut, anyway, You can see the scar if you are looking for it, but it's still pinkish and I expect I'll be able to get away with a grade 4 at the least when it turns white.

If any hair dresser ever asks i'll just say 'Long Story' and leave it at that <_<