Sign in to follow this  
Bengali-in-Platforms

Proscar Dosage

Hi

I have been on proscar for a number of years and cut the tablets in 1/4 pieces. However, I have heard that some people just take 1/2 a tablet, every Mon/Wed/Fri. Does anyone think that there would be any advantages/disadvantages to this?

Cheers

Finasteride has a very short half-life (5-8 hours, if I remember rightly) - that is why regular dosing is essential. Personally I wouldn't skip days because I want to maintain a consistently low level of DHT. However, if you miss odd days accidentally, this shouldn't be a problem.

IPB Image

As regards dose, well, over the long term 1mg/day seems to result in DHT suppression little different from 5mg/day.

IPB Image

In my opinion Proscar is a waste of time, maybe it has had some positive effect with people and by all means continue it. Since i have been on this for nealry a year my hair at my crown has got a hell of a lot thinner...........if some1 tells me again this is a good sign i will go crazy, how can losing your hair and nothing grows back a good sign?????????

I switched to minoxidil foam hearing supposedly good results.....All this did after a week and a half was itch my scal and small scabs appeared, another pdouct to waste my money on.

I wish i hadnt bothered touching any of this stuff as it has done me no favours whatsoever

Scotty, am I right in thinking that you only got Proscar from Dr Ashcroft a few months ago? And before that you were getting it from an internet pharmacy?

Scotty, am I right in thinking that you only got Proscar from Dr Ashcroft a few months ago? And before that you were getting it from an internet pharmacy?

Hi Pondle,

it wasnt from an internet pharmacy it was from a clinic down south.....the pills dr ashcroft got me are exactly the same as the ones i got previous, sames packaging and everything...........maybe i am one of the unlucky ones whereby they dont work for me.............the foam gave me hope i cant believe it irritates my scalp and not many other people's as they seem to be getting results

Scotty, I'd really recommend taking some photos at 6 monthly intervals, keeping at the treatment until you use up your supply and comparing your pictures at that stage. So many men think that Propecia/Proscar is doing nothing for them, whereas in reality they are at least maintaining.

Scotty, I'd really recommend taking some photos at 6 monthly intervals, keeping at the treatment until you use up your supply and comparing your pictures at that stage. So many men think that Propecia/Proscar is doing nothing for them, whereas in reality they are at least maintaining.

Pondle, I have taken photos and my hair since on the meds has become so much thinner, i feel it has accelerated it to the point which i would have been at eventually, I cant even hide it as well with the toppik now as there is much less hair, im going to shave my head shortly as its just too much hassle trying to hide it every day.

Pondle, I have taken photos and my hair since on the meds has become so much thinner, i feel it has accelerated it to the point which i would have been at eventually, I cant even hide it as well with the toppik now as there is much less hair, im going to shave my head shortly as its just too much hassle trying to hide it every day.

Would you mind posting your pics so that we can have a look?