Sign in to follow this  
scottfire

Getting Repaired

Hello, new here although been reading for a while and joined recently.

I have had 2 very poor surgeries done at the Nobel clinic and have been looking for a while into how i can get my situation repaired. I have very poor unnatural growth on top and two scars at the back one is over a cm wide and at a point at the side the scars merge which is very hard to hide as its wide <_< . I have been very depressed as you can well imagine as i know a few patients on here have been or are in similar positions with their hair due to unsatisfactory transplant surgery.

I wish i had been a little wiser to start with as rushing into having a transplant has caused me a great deal of anxiety and pain in more ways than one. I have realised that i made a big mistake. One i am pretty ashamed of now especially since i have found these forums and seen the many happy patients.

I have been aware that my situation can definitely be helped and improved by a few reputable clinics and i have also met with Spex who many of you know. Spex was very helpful and understanding. He was very honest about my situation and felt that something can definitely be done to rectify the top. The scars on the other had are a totally separate issue. He feels one can be removed and made better but not both. One scar is too low to be got to. <_< Maybe only fue into that one can help it. :unsure:

I have been reading through the various forums and have read countless accounts about repair cases so feel their is hope for me and feel reassured that something can be done.

Thank you for any advice/ help received.

welcome aboard

sorry to hear about your past surgeries!

it could have been worse!

luckily you found this forum

from what i know and have heard, Dr Feller can work wonders on repair cases

however, i'm not a repair case, had my first ht with dr feller a few months back, as i'm a virgin doner i can't really advise

but i am sure others will...

good luck!

Mr T

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate HT experiences to date <_< Its great that you have found the forums :) There are many that can help offer experience especially repair patients here so you are in good company. If you have met with Spex already he will undoubtedly have given you the FACTS. He has a great reputation for helping guys out regardless of Dr they go to. Continue to read through the forums and get a feel for Dr's and their patients. Whichever route you go down you will definately have your situation benefited if you go to one of the top Dr's mentioned regularly on the forums.

With your situation being so special i only think Spex (who has met you) or a Dr in person could accurately give you an idea of what could be achieved for you though.

All the very best with your contiunued research!

Scottfire....welcome mate!

Don't worry mate....Ive had 3 UK butcherings, thats 1 more than you and I've been able to rectify the problem. I too had very sparse growth, with pube like hair. In the end my hair looked worse after 3 UK HT's than before I had any work done!! :angry:

Luckily I also found this forum and I went to a reputable doctor in Canada who was able to extract 3000 grafts and build me a new dense hairline. I'm now at 5 months and 1 week and already the crappy UK work is no longer visible and I've gotten rid of my cap!!

It will only get better from here on mate..... B)

Welcome, Very sorry also to hear ytou have been sujected to a clinic such as that one :angry: Continue your research! There are many guys here and on other forums who can help you out and can give you support.

Spex is very accurate in his assessments and has a great deal of experience with repair patients. I am sure he will have informed you very well on your situation and what can be achieved taking into consideration your limitations.

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me, read my experience. A good procedure by a top doc should improve things considerably.

I have replied to your email scottfire :) More than happy to continue helping! B)

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and support. You are all so helpful and I have read numerous posts by all of you and can not thank you enough. :) I am speaking directly to Dr Feller later on today. Hopefully he will be able to offer further advice. I will let you know the outcome of that.

I am definately feeling better after many of the pictures and reading various testimonies here :)

Thank you !! :)

Sorry to hear that Scottfire. Dr Feller has worked on Nobel repair patients and has done a lot of repair work so I'm sure he'll be able to help.

I am speaking directly to Dr Feller later on today. Hopefully he will be able to offer further advice. I will let you know the outcome of that.

Fixing the mess made by UK butchers is routine work for Dr Feller <_< He must have literally repaired hundreds of butchered UK guys.

I had a long conversation with Dr Feller last night which definately helped. I am hopefully going to meet him in January for a more accurate assessment. In the mean time i am going to try get some other opinions as well. Thank you for your help.

Glad to hear it helped mate and you got hold of him! Please just let me know if you need any further help B)

I had a long conversation with Dr Feller last night which definately helped. I am hopefully going to meet him in January for a more accurate assessment. In the mean time i am going to try get some other opinions as well. Thank you for your help.

Hi scottfire, i too have been butchered by uk clinics, so i was sorry to hear your story. I am now bald and full of scarring etc., and i dont want hair and some people wonder why i come on the forums. I come on to hopefully advise people who are in a similar position to you, and that is not to fall for a fancy website or fall for any "reputable" surgeons c*** and false claims that everything will good from now on. There is only probably 2 surgeons whose work i have seen pictures of which is good, and there is only one who seems very honest and all the patients openly share their updated pictures which are very, very impressive, they are Dr. Rahal, and Dr. Feller (the latter is the more open and honest). You have done the right thing. If shaving it off is not an option for you, go and see him, good luck, you will get nothing but help and honest advise off this forum and its users, just be carefull and wary of other forums...it seems some are more interested in money than patients, this one is not, patients come first.

Fixing the mess made by UK butchers is routine work for Dr Feller He must have literally repaired hundreds of butchered UK guys.

He mentioned to me when i was there that he has seen some terrible HT's performed in the UK. He says he is seeing more and more who have only just had their HT's done as well :blink:

All the best scottfire, do lots of research and then you know your defo making the right decision :)

I am doing lots of research and its really helping. I am definately leaning towards Dr Feller as his work is amazing from what i have seen on all the talk boards :)

I have consulted with a few clinics and i have decided that once i have the money together that i will be seeing Dr Feller for my repair surgery. I am looking forward to getting this done hopefully in a few months :)

From the Nobel Clinic website:

NOBEL CLINICS very affordable prices include a lifetime money back guarantee, your own private room and private car parking.

Did you get your money back?

Wow - they even have private car parking :o I must remember to get my next HT there!

All the best Scottfire - i know you have been researching hard. It will all be worth while. You can never have too much info :) Let me know if i can be any further help to you :)

Hi Scottfire, sorry to hear of your experience i had 3 bad surgeries in the uk from 96-98 and finally got the mess sorted out last june, i am 14 months out and it has been THE best thing i could ever have done, it is a hell of a long journey but for me was so worth it in the end, having my self confidence back is the best feeling ever.

Good luck in which way you decide, but you will need to get on a plane to get the best possible result.