PB_

4 Weeks Post-op

Since the 3 week pics I have cut my hair to one inch with hair clippers (bad idea - looks really crap now :( ) and I also dyed it as the re-grown hair was slightly darker than the rest. With dry hair and a comb-forward, the re-growing buzzed hair is just covered but the scar area is now exposed. The scar isn't really visible but the shorter hair surrounding the scar stands out - shouldn't have cut it so early :rolleyes:

First HT hair still growing back OK:

post-219-1183853762_thumb.jpg

Little bit of crown hair that was there growing back (all the grafts have shed):

post-219-1183853871_thumb.jpg

Scar, right side:

post-219-1183854149_thumb.jpg

Scar, back:

post-219-1183854230_thumb.jpg

Scar, left side:

post-219-1183854315_thumb.jpg

Face on:

post-219-1183854456_thumb.jpg

You can see the odd pimple below the old hairline... something going on there perhaps :unsure:

You have certainly healed nicely! Thanks for keeping everyone so well informed on your progress. It really helps see the different stages of recovery. :)

What does it look like dry? will you be alright for returning to work?

The front looks OK dry but now that I cut it too short I have like two layers of hair at the back and it doesn't look good at all :huh: It covered well at the back before I cut it but looked sruffy on top and at the sides. I should have left it and let the buzzed hair get longer before cutting it. My hair is growing quickly, if you look at last week's pics you can see the difference in length, so it shouldn't take long to grow enough to look better. It's not that bad though, I'm not going to wear a hat to work. If someone asks what's going on with my hair, I can tell the truth and just say I cut it myself and made a mess of it :D

I'll try and get some dry pics...

It looks really good pb, have you not considered doing a #4-5 all over then growing it back? I think you would be ok to do it now.

That would probably be the best thing to do but I'm afraid the scar/red blotches from the staple holes would be visible at that length. There are red dots from the staple holes on each side of the scar and I'm not sure if the buzzed hair around the scar is long or thick enough to cover. I think I'll wait until the buzzed hair at the front and around the scar is at least an inch long and then buzz it down to an inch all over. It should be an inch long after another 3 weeks and the redness from the staple holes should have calmed down a bit by then. I'm going to take packed lunches and be a hermit for the next few weeks at work and do lots of work and keep out of the way :ph34r: I will also have to rearrange my office as I have my back to the door at the moment so anybody that barges in will see the back of my head and my bald crown <_< Most of the others will be away on holiday anyway (that's why I timed my HT as I did).

Everything looks in order mate, it's prob best to have your hair cut right before rejoining work. That way you hair would have grown a bit and you can best decide your short you want it and what style you want. You could try a funky comb over like Shaft.