PB_

I Saw A Balding Woman Today

Took my cat to the vets today and the vet was a fairly young woman, probably early thirties, and she had a balding pattern like male pattern baldness :blink: Her hairline had really badly receded and her crown was thinning too. She looked really wierd. I thought about telling her about Dr Feller but thought I'd better not seeing as I don't know the reason for her hairloss - she might be recovering from chemo or something :unsure: Going bald sucks when you're a man but for a young woman it must REALLY suck. I felt really sorry for her :( The rest of her hair was really thin too so she might not even be a HT candidate.

It would be 1000 times worse for a woman, if its MALE pattern baldness. If it was from chemo, i think it would all grow back at once rather than gradually in the shape of MPB, so she is probably just very, very unlucky. With her being a vet it must be a bummer for her seeing all the hairy animals all the time...or does that sound a bit nasty, its not intended to be. I think you could have mentioned Dr. Feller to her, if you just came out and said to her she might be offended, but if you mentioned you have had HT, and how happy you are with it, maybe she would have appreciated the advice?

I think you could have mentioned Dr. Feller to her, if you just came out and said to her she might be offended, but if you mentioned you have had HT, and how happy you are with it, maybe she would have appreciated the advice?

I dont think its our place to mention it to other men or women. Unless of course they confide in you that it really bothers them. I know a girl aged 21 with quite severe hairloss, she keeps her head covered 24/7.

Girls are much more sqeamish than guys when it comes to surgery etc and I dont think many would go through with a HT. Far easier (and more socially acceptable) for them to wear a wig, also the results of a HT are not usualy as good as a natural head of hair which is ok for guys but not really for girls.

Mentioning it to this woman would probably only serve to remind her that her hairloss is highly obvious to other people. I mean you would'nt tell someone with a big nose that they should get it fixed or tell a fat person that they should get a gastric band fitted.

I think you could have mentioned Dr. Feller to her, if you just came out and said to her she might be offended, but if you mentioned you have had HT, and how happy you are with it, maybe she would have appreciated the advice?

I dont think its our place to mention it to other men or women. Unless of course they confide in you that it really bothers them. I know a girl aged 21 with quite severe hairloss, she keeps her head covered 24/7.

Girls are much more sqeamish than guys when it comes to surgery etc and I dont think many would go through with a HT. Far easier (and more socially acceptable) for them to wear a wig, also the results of a HT are not usualy as good as a natural head of hair which is ok for guys but not really for girls.

Mentioning it to this woman would probably only serve to remind her that her hairloss is highly obvious to other people. I mean you would'nt tell someone with a big nose that they should get it fixed or tell a fat person that they should get a gastric band fitted.

hmm, i guess your right. I personally would not mention it to anyone (male/female), although when i was receeding in my late teens everybody used to comment/take the p***, and i was very offended (but in them days my hair felt like the most important thing in the world). And a wig is definately more acceptable if worn by a woman...if you see a woman with a (obvious) wig, you think nothing of it, if you see a man with a wig, it is funny...even to me, i even find my own amusing thinking about it now that i got from Advanced hair studio, it was like a dead cat glued onto my head, wasn't funny at the time though it cost me £2000...PB, s.a.f is right probably best not mention it :ph34r:

when i was receeding in my late teens everybody used to comment/take the p***,

It seems that society thinks its ok to point out hairloss, (men should be able to acccept it) <_<

hmm, its like people expect you to have no emotions because your a man, funny all the people that used to take the p*** out of my hair-loss were hairy b*******, i havent seen them your years though now, maybe and hopefully they are balder than me now!

I had my cap on <_< my hair isn't exactly in show case condition at the moment being less than 4 weeks post-op :P

My cat hates being taken anywhere, and especially not to the vet's to get injections and when cats get stressed they shed loads of fur immediately. I joked about my cat going bald as their was fur all over the place and then I noticed the vet was bald :unsure: