Crown Pics

How many grafts were you charged for?

when i went to see mr barnes for a consult

he told me to raise my eyebrows, he then said everthing

above the lines this created they would fill in

and also rebuild the temple areas, the total cost of all

this work would be £3000. my wife was with me at the time,

you pay the money before you see the doctor, after the

the op i was told they managed to get over 1000 grafts.

and no matter who did it that was all i had :ph34r: :ph34r:

If he had gone back to the H******* ***** I think the result after the second session would have been good IMO :rolleyes:

IPB Image

That ridiculous comment proves you work for the h0spital Grou p :rolleyes: Typical :rolleyes:

At least Dr Rogers uses his real name when he comes on here.

Getting back to Stevo's post..... i know exactly what you mean mate, I am in the same boat as you. As time goes by the hair in the front gets thicker and the crown ends up looking worse. It does annoy me that i will have to wait till next year to get another HT for my crown.

imagine how annoyed you would have been as well as mortified if you had had surgery at the hg ;) maybe feller was annoyed also you didn't have enough donor to do the crown why do you have to leave it till next year :unsure: if you had non in the crown you can have a session in there now cant you :unsure: :unsure:

Getting back to Stevo's post..... i know exactly what you mean mate, I am in the same boat as you. As time goes by the hair in the front gets thicker and the crown ends up looking worse. It does annoy me that i will have to wait till next year to get another HT for my crown.

If i could start over again i would have asked Dr Feller if he could put at least some grafts in the crown area from my first HT to make the bald spot look a bit better. Just 500 maybe? anyway, i try not to let it bother me because i look so much better now then i did before. I will just have to wait and look forward to Feb 2008 when i plan to have HT2!

Thanks for TRYING to keep this post on topic mate. :huh:

When did you have your surgery done mate because you don’t have to wait 18 months for your next one what I mean is your crown hasn’t been touched so im sure after a year you will be able to go and get it sorted if that’s what you want.

I got exactly what I wanted out of my 1st HT as I just wanted coverage of my existing hair and I think that going back to get the crown sorted will give an all round better result. I know it takes time but I think the result in the end will be better for you this way too

Indeed - stevo is right - appropriate planning :) - for an all round better end result ;) Spursman, drop me an email and we can have a chat about HT 2 and the next plan of action as Stevo is right you do not need to essentially wait to hit the crown. If it is troubling you that much then there is no reason the Doc couldn't work on it sooner to enable you to reach your final goal sooner. Its entirely upto you matey. Many guys have their 2nd HT around the year mark. You are a slow grower though so leaving it a little longer would mean you could see further development from HT 1 but if you just want to focus on the crown with a little refinement then realistically there is nothing to stop you going sooner rather than later :) The Dr will be able to plan accordingly knowing your situ previously ;)

Sorry stevo, youre thread got way off track

Only joking mate I know how easy posts can go off topic :rolleyes:

Spex do you reckon 9 months would be ok for me to go back and get my crown sorted. At the minute I am thinking that that is all I will be going back to get sorted. Just wondering that’s all

I think you are a very valuable member of the forum jaym. Your terrible experiences will hopefully help newbies understand that there is a big difference where you get a HT and that the UK is definitely not the place to go for one.

Unfortunately baldness is something I just couldn’t accept for myself – if you feel OK with a shaved head, that’s great – shaving your head is probably something everybody should try before getting a HT but I couldn’t do it – it just doesn’t suit me.

Thankyou PB. Its not that i like a shaved head, i dont really, i am just relieved that i dont need to worry about loosing hair now (because theres none to loose!) And i would swap my scalp for yours anyday...you have an exceptional ht, i have a bald head covered in scars :ph34r: . Thanks for regarding me as a valuable member of the forum :) I dont want to put people off ht, just the UK, im sure everyone will understand this point (as ive only ever been to the UK).

It seems that the Uk is is in a lower division surgery wise. There are plenty of butchers but even the best UK clinics can only offer results that are at best unimpressive.

As for Jaym's comments I agree that people on HT forums tend to disregard the negative aspects of surgery (and lets face it there are plenty of sacrifices that have to be made when going down the HT route) and emphasise only the positives.

Everyones situation is different and for some guys its an easy journey whilst for others the odds are more stacked against them. (if you get what I mean)?

SAF that is exactly why i write to the forum, all forums only emphasise the good points and not the bad (and if you share a bad point you get attacked). I am not slagging off ht in general, some results (ie. OVERSEAS) are exceptional and undetectable, and it has come a long way and there are a few superb surgeons out there. I just want people to consider their options and especially consider going overseas. One of the cases that has made me see ht in a different light is badhairuk. His noble ht was a disgrace, as bad as my norton ht i have to say (sorry bhuk m8), but Dr. Feller has done IMO an amazing job on BHUK, the difference in this repair is outstanding and BH should be really pleased (and im sure and i hope he is). Can i also apoloigise for going on and on in stevos post...its kind of off topic, sorry m8.

Good posting jaym :)

Stevo - no probs mate - Drop me an email or give me a call and we can look into getting it organised - No probs bro :)

Can i also apoloigise for going on and on in stevos post...its kind of off topic, sorry m8.

No probs at all mate ;)

Stevo - no probs mate - Drop me an email or give me a call and we can look into getting it organised - No probs bro

Yep about the end of October/November sounds good to me but im not 100% yet.

If possible could you try and get hold of me some more crown pics cheers. :)

Hi Stevo, yeah sorry that HG salesman ruined your thread :(

Anyway, back to crowns... here's some info and pics of my crown that might help you estimate the number of grafts you will need:

The area filled was 51mm side to side (the bald area is slightly larger than the area filled because the doc has to buzz slightly wider than the area being filled):

post-219-1183286578_thumb.jpg

(picture taken 23 days post op)

The area from back to front was slightly smaller - 48mm:

post-219-1183286649_thumb.jpg

(picture taken 23 days post op)

==> r = approx. 2,5cm

Area of circle = pi*r^2

Bald area = 3,142 * 2,5 *2,5 = 19,6 sq. cm

I had approx. 530 grafts (all multi hair ones) into the area

==> density = 530 / 19,6 = 27 grafts / sq. cm

That is fairly low density, but the surrounding hair is thin and the area wasn't completely bald. This should just give me enough coverage so that scalp isn't shining through.... But to see the actual results you will have to wait a year and I expect you will have already had your crown done by then :P

Cheers PB !

I asked the doc how many it would take to fill in my crown and he said about 800/1000. I will not be going for a propper dense crown niether just coverage. If I can end up getting it done this year I will be over the moon because I thought I was gonna have to wait till next year B)

By the way your crown looks spot on for just over 3 weeks post op. When are you back in work?

I still have another week before going back to work... I will have to experiment with different gels, sprays and styles next week to find the best way to disguise the HT :unsure:

It's going very well though and if the first HT hair keeps growing as fast as it has done these first three weeks, it wont be long before I'm back to how I was before the second HT.

I think there is still the danger that the first HT hair that is now growing could fall out due to shock loss :unsure: I'll just have to wait and see...

Hi Stevo, Ive always been impressed with Hasson and Wong's crown work, Have you checked em out ?

Of course ive checked them out they are one of the best clinics out there BUT so is Feller Medical.

It’s an easy choice for me im gonna stick to what I know :)

Dr Feller does a variety of crown work - he can do the swirl (Ian) and when I was there getting my staples removed there was a guy in the chair with an "envelope" (that's what Dr Feller called it) design where there is simply a point or line where the hairs change direction. Dr Feller said that with the swirl you are essentially creating a bald spot (albeit a small one) but with the envelope, there won't be any visible scalp at all. I suppose it depends on how you intend to style your hair once it's grown out, but something to think about...

That's what I thought too after researching more and deciding what to do for my second HT... Besides, no point in travelling half way round the World and paying more for the same work you can get by travelling only a quarter of the way round the World and at a much more reasonable price.

That's what I thought too after researching more and deciding what to do for my second HT... Besides, no point in travelling half way round the World and paying more for the same work you can get by travelling only a quarter of the way round the World and at a much more reasonable price.

Especially after the amazing job you had done first time round.

I will email Marcia for you and see whats available for you :)

I will email Marcia for you and see whats available for you :)

Cheers mate B)

:lol: No, after seeing some of their results, I doubt they have any instruments that sophisticated :P

Hi Stevo, Ive always been impressed with Hasson and Wong's crown work, Have you checked em out ?

Of course ive checked them out they are one of the best clinics out there BUT so is Feller Medical.

OK if you want to limit yourself to just the one Doc then thats up to you.

PB_ Nice Vernier Calipers lol i used to use them alot when rebuilding Ford/Cosworth engines.

All the best with it stevo, i will be sprouting then :) I am sure Dr Feller will sort your crown concerns out and address your crown with no limitaions whatsoever :) Great to see people getting back into the saddle. I am hoping i will not need to see Dr Feller again but as spex mentioned in a recent post hair greed might get the better of me also:)

Just for info Stevo, I had the swirl done on my crown, when it was impanted it looked fantastic how natural Dr F had got all the hairs swirling out from the middle like a candy floss thingy :)

I will get you some pics to when I get chance to actually wash my dam hair - bloody floods and no water!

Still I get the chance to flush my turds away with sparkling mineral water :lol:

OK if you want to limit yourself to just the one Doc then thats up to you.

Classic example, one that wasn't edited ;)

See what he incinuates...Stevo; very happy with his first HT wants to see Feller again for crown work but johnyd incinuactes he is limiting himself <_<

Why would stevo be limiting himself to one of the best Dr's in the world :unsure: :unsure:

See what he tries to do ;)

Just for info Stevo, I had the swirl done on my crown, when it was impanted it looked fantastic how natural Dr F had got all the hairs swirling out from the middle like a candy floss thingy :)

I will get you some pics to when I get chance to actually wash my dam hair - bloody floods and no water!

Still I get the chance to flush my turds away with sparkling mineral water :lol:

Yeah it will be great to see an update from your second HT mate ;)

I cant imagine how bad that must be to be stuck in the floods :( Roll on the summer :lol:

Classic example, one that wasn't edited ;)

See what he incinuates...Stevo; very happy with his first HT wants to see Feller again for crown work but johnyd incinuactes he is limiting himself <_<

Why would stevo be limiting himself to one of the best Dr's in the world :unsure: :unsure:

See what he tries to do ;)

I think we should all give this a break now and lets talk about hair :)

Halo,

I've had 3 UK surgeries and all within the last 4 to 5 years. I can catergorically say that they were all sh*t!! Absolutely awful!! Let me briefly explain why....

1) Lied to about the number of grafts extracted

2) Less than 10% growth of the grafts that were transplanted and growing at unatural angles. This made me look worse than before I went in for a HT.

3) Long and thick scars

4) Couldn't get my haircut to a grade 4 because it looked like I had a patch of hair missing on the back of my head

5) Numbness and pain around the donor area 2 to 3 years after surgery. Still get this now!!

6 months ago I had a surgery in Canada....results so far...

1) No pain in donor - other than the randomn shooting pain I still get from my HT surgeries

2) A new strong hairline that looks natural

3) I had more grwoth in month 3 of this surgery than all my 3 UK surgeries combined!!

4) Old thick scar removed and can now get a grade 3 haircut

5) People have already commented about how good my hair looks and its only 6 months!!

So there you go...and no I never went to Feller!! You can read every UK HT story I can guarentee you that 98% will be very similiar to mine - the evidence is here!!

As far as Zip it's results...what looked natural about his UK HT? Of course it didn't look pluggy, how can it when there was hardly any hair there!! For a HT to look pluggy you need to have a certain number of hair that are a large distance apart.....Zip it had bum fluff!! (No offence Zip it).

Finally...you may ask why I had 3 UK surgeries if they were so bad....when you young and desperate you will do anything!! My first was a cockup and I was told to have another to improve and I believed them. After that I decided it must just be this clinic, I'll try another well advertised clinic, so I did!! Guess what, exactly the same happened, actually, worse!! Then I discovered this forum...which saved me!!

Halo...you sure you don't work for a UK clinic! I've never heard anybody with any sense vouching for UK clinics!!

Finally...you may ask why I had 3 UK surgeries if they were so bad....when you young and desperate you will do anything!! My first was a cockup and I was told to have another to improve and I believed them. After that I decided it must just be this clinic, I'll try another well advertised clinic, so I did!! Guess what, exactly the same happened, actually, worse!! Then I discovered this forum...which saved me!!

Exactly the same as me, :angry: and I was contemplating another UK slaughter house luckily though I came across a post by Spex on another forum. Lets just say that at this point I was sceptical about his motives until I actually met him.