Sign in to follow this  
dannybaba

Has Anyone Tried Dutas?

If so, is it any good?

Generic Dutas specifically, or dutasteride in general? I've tried both Dr Reddys Dutas and GSK Avodart. Seem to 'work' (because I've had minor sides), but it's too early to tell whether they are any better than finasteride.

yeah, the dr. reddy's one. was just looking at it because apparently it is a powerful drug and half the price of propecia.

I've heard Dutas success stories. Undoubtedly the genuine Dr Reddys Dutas is a capsule of dutasteride and should be bioequivalent to Avodart. However, the tricky part is finding a reliable supplier. Some NROPs supply fakes. Others may supply authentic drugs, but poor storage and handling could affect potency.

I read on another forum about a guy who bought dutas from inhousepharmacy and it didn't work. He contacted Dr. Reddy's about it and got this response:

In regards to your inquiry regarding the authenticity of Dutas purchased from http://www.inhousepharmacy.com, it should be noted that the on-line retailer (www.inhousepharmacy.com) is a NROP, or No Record Online Pharmacy.

NROPs are sites that do not require medical records and sell medications based on how you answer certain medical questions. A prescription is not required and they do not verify prescriptions with a medical

professional. NROPs are unregulated and not subject to GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) guidelines imposed by the FDA, MHRA, EU and other world wide regulatory agencies.

As such, regardless of what the packaging states on a product obtained from a NROP (in this instance: "Dutas"), there is no way for Dr. Reddy's Laboratories to verify and confirm that the product is genuine.

If you have any additional questions regarding a Dr. Reddy's Laboratories product marketed in the United States, please Call the Medical Information Department via phone at 1.888.375-3784.

Sincerely,

Dr. Reddy's Laboratories

Medical Information Department

888-375-3784

medinfo@drreddys.com

I really don't trust those internet pharmacies at all. I read Inhouse ships out of hong kong which is supposed to be the counterfeit drug making center of the universe. They've got it down to a science.

I'm pretty sure you can get the proper avodart for the same price as propecia. You just have to persuade your GP to write you up a private prescription.

Inhouse has been going for 10 years, they are one of the most established NROPs and they ship out of Vanuatu in the south Pacific (their rival United Pharmacies ships out of Hong Kong). You do get folks on other forums claiming that they have received "fakes" from Inhouse, but I'd say 90% of the stories about them that I've read have been positive... not just from men getting hair loss drugs, but women buying retinoids as a beauty treatment, or even transsexuals buying anti-androgens... as you can tell, I tried to do my research! You pays your money and you takes your choice.

If you are nervous about Inhouse but can't get a private prescription I would recommend www.merlonipharma.ch. They are a Swiss pharma wholesaler with a physical address, i.e. not an NROP. They ship out of Italy so you don't get hit by any import duties, and they supply 100% genuine GSK Avodart at reasonable prices. If you can get a private prescription, the prices at http://www.stratford-pharmacy.co.uk/ look reasonable.

When is the best time to switch from Proscar to dutasteride, i feel proscar is doing nothing for me ive lost a lot of hair over 11months and there is no way i can gain what i have lost.

What dosage is the best for dutasteride and how often a week should we take a capsule?????

When is the best time to switch from Proscar to dutasteride, i feel proscar is doing nothing for me ive lost a lot of hair over 11months and there is no way i can gain what i have lost.

What dosage is the best for dutasteride and how often a week should we take a capsule?????

Are you sure that finasteride did nothing for you? Remember, you should be taking pictures as a record of progress, and you'll only see the full impact of treatment after a year (which you've nearly reached).

Dutasteride is usually taken at a dose of one capsule per day (i.e. 0.5mg/day).

Are you sure that finasteride did nothing for you? Remember, you should be taking pictures as a record of progress, and you'll only see the full impact of treatment after a year (which you've nearly reached).

Dutasteride is usually taken at a dose of one capsule per day (i.e. 0.5mg/day).

My loss at the crown has got a hell of a lot thinner, before i sterted the Proscar i could still cover my hair with other hairs now its impossible. Without the use of Toppik i would have had to shave it off, its so embarrassing. Every time i look in the mirror each day i get so frustrated and angry with this shitty look.

I've just started applying the Rogaine Foam and im feeling slightly itchy, it stings a little when i apply, i dunno whether to stop or ride it out.

if my hair doesnt improve soon im shaving it all off, i dont have a choice. i dread this day my confidence is bad enough just now.....I seriously think the proscar has done nothing to help and its made it worse at the crown

hi

youl be pleased to no ive reported the people who have accused inhouse of being fake,includin the dr,to inhouse pharmacy.you will soon realise you cant get off accusing companies of fake medications,when ive used them with full hair regrowth on fincar.i hope they sue the ass off of u all.

have a nice day

hi

youl be pleased to no ive reported the people who have accused inhouse of being fake,includin the dr,to inhouse pharmacy.you will soon realise you cant get off accusing companies of fake medications,when ive used them with full hair regrowth on fincar.i hope they sue the ass off of u all.

have a nice day

Slimpunk, I think Inhouse offer a good resource, but what they are doing is a legal "grey area". It's illegal to supply drugs without prescription inside the UK, internet pharmacies are exploiting a legal loophole that allows the importation of medicines for personal use. However, in some countries (like the US) importing drugs like finasteride and dutasteride is a criminal offence, although about 2 million Americans do it!

Hi Mark

I had a quick read. Thanks for the link.

No we don't sell fakes. We buy Fincar from the same supplier we always have.

We can't buy directly from the manufacturer (Cipla, Dr Reddy's) as they

refuse to deal with us "small guys" and instead we must go through suppliers

instead. The guy with the online name "Pondle" had the best advice (and did

his research well he knew about us and about United Pharmacies).

I had asked our pharmacist before regarding products working for some and

not others and his reply was when people came into his pharmacy with

prescriptions eg. for arthritis meds, some medications would work but some

others wouldn't. This includes brand name medications and generics. A

product may not work for you but does work for someone else. In general, if

anyone had an issue with a product not working for them, Kerry our

pharmacist, would give them a call, and find out exactly what was happening

and deal with any problems, there and then.

Just two points, if you are not satisfied with a product, we will refund

once it is returned to us. However, we will only refund if it can be

re-sold. This stops people scamming us for free products! After all we are a

business and not a community pharmacy.

Secondly, I have noticed an influx of UK people wanting reassurance from us

for hairloss products - hand-holding can be time consuming. Some people are

just not suited to ordering over the internet. This is a fact a lot a people

do not like to be told.

The most reassuring way is to get a prescription from your doctor and go to

your local pharmacy - it will not be the best price however. These factors

must be weighed before a decison is made.

Finally, there will always be nay-sayers out there, no matter what we do.

Our policies are written in the FAQ and we adhere to them.

Regards

Lana

--------------------------------------------------

dear sir/madam

i purchase fincar off of you evey 3 months for hairloss.but i have to say im

getting extremely concerned with the stories ive been reading.

can you please confirm the fincar you supply is genuine finasteride and not

fake?

i hope your buisness is genuine and every fincar tablet i buy in the future

is real finasteride.

i hate to be saying this but your company seems to have alot of

scaremongering around the internet right now and im worried im not getting

the right product.

i have spent alot of money with you and i need reassuring about this

problem,before i continue to spend with you.

may i suggest if you are not selling fake hairloss tablets, to warn these

people not to make false claims and scare your customers.

here is the link.

http://stophairlossnow.ipbhost.com/index.p...52c36e1bd059d4b

a0f&showtopic=2580

i hope to here from you soon