Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Working Out At The Gym, Link To Hair Loss?

This is a topic that i have been looking into. A lot of bodybuilders we see are bald, and i think steriods would certainly not help this. Its is know that lifting weights increases the level of testesterone in our bodies which cant help our hair loss in any way. Although there is not total proof this has got me thinkin of whether o stop doing weights.

Does any1 think that just doing aerobic exercise would also increase the levels of testesterone or would this help to reduce this proving a benefit to hair loss rather than the lifting of weights??????

All suggestions welcome

Scotty

This is a topic that i have been looking into. A lot of bodybuilders we see are bald, and i think steriods would certainly not help this. Its is know that lifting weights increases the level of testesterone in our bodies which cant help our hair loss in any way. Although there is not total proof this has got me thinkin of whether o stop doing weights.

Does any1 think that just doing aerobic exercise would also increase the levels of testesterone or would this help to reduce this proving a benefit to hair loss rather than the lifting of weights??????

All suggestions welcome

Scotty

My understanding is that cardiovascular exercise lowers testosterone, while weight training increases it. Whether the increased levels of testosterone automatically mean more DHT, which is "bad" for hair, I don't know; maybe someone with greater knowledge of biochemistry can comment on whether there is a fixed or variable amount of 5AR to bind with the additional testosterone?

All suggestions welcome

Scotty

My understanding is that cardiovascular exercise lowers testosterone, while weight training increases it. Whether the increased levels of testosterone automatically mean more DHT, which is "bad" for hair, I don't know; maybe someone with greater knowledge of biochemistry can comment on whether there is a fixed or variable amount of 5AR to bind with the additional testosterone?

Seems logical, Im wonderin if even doing sit ups with weight resistance will cause increased levels of testestorone, im ceratnly going to work on more cardiovascular. i was wanting to build out as im tooo skiny but if this increases levels then my hair would mean more to me. Probably start building out when i need to shave my head

Seems logical, Im wonderin if even doing sit ups with weight resistance will cause increased levels of testestorone, im ceratnly going to work on more cardiovascular. i was wanting to build out as im tooo skiny but if this increases levels then my hair would mean more to me. Probably start building out when i need to shave my head

I would carry on doing what you're doing - I don't think that there's any reason to worry, especially if you're on treatments. I remember reading someone else's comment that the rise in T caused by weight training is only a temporary 'spike', and your levels return to baseline within hours. However, I personally don't know enough about this subject to state a view with any authority.