Daz

How Much Dht Does Your Body Produce?

Ok so i might sound really stupid asking this, but ..

Is there a way to find out how much DHT your body produces, ie a blood test of some sort? I mean being young i figaure my body will create more testorone, therefor the DHT levels will be higher than that of somebody double my age, so maybe an increased dose of proscar is needed for younger people to get the real effect of it? I mean when they first did stuides of proscar for an enlarged prostate I'm assuming they did all there tests on older men, as younger men never really get effected by that do they? and they were all on 5mg doses which is alot more than the recommended 1mg of propecia, I've no idea what im talkin about to be honest Lol, so feel free to clear things up :P

Yes at 22 your testosterone count would be near its peak (infact you probably peaked at about age 18) and after the age of 25+ there will be a very slow drop off, but the variation over the next 20yrs or so isnt that much.

The 5mg doses were for treating enlarged prostate problems not helping to combat m.p.b. Tests have shown that 1mg is the most effective amount and anymore wont really make a difference. Infact its been proven that 0.5-0.75mg is very very close to having the same results and even doses as low as 0.25mg were quite effective at inhibiting DHT.

ok cheers s.a.f, just one more thing, when they did the first studies for enlarged prostate, do you know if they tested them on men of a mixed aged *****, ie 18 - 45, not just over 40 ? :)

Dont know, but its very rare for someone under 40 to be effected by prostate problems. Mostly 50+