BadHairUK

Anyone Just Watch That Program? I Hate My Bald Head?

Dr Feller was doing a consultation... I'm 99% sure PB was on there giving his opinion on HT's. Farjo (I cant spell that Dr's name correctly) was on there as well carrying out a HT.

Anyways, if you missed it, its repeated again tonight at 1am on BBC 3.

Yeah i just saw it! Dr Feller was funny! That was PB for sure doing the interview. B) Fair play!

Yeah, the guy did say he thought PB looked totally natural.. nice one PB! ;)

SHLN was featured for about 2 seconds aswell so prepare for a wave of new members today.

What did everyone think of the programme itself?

I thought it started out quite good and really addressed the problem of the negative image and social stigma of m.p.b especially with the 26 yr old guy explaining how it had effected him, but after showing all the snake oils etc it seemed to go down hill and concluded that in the end you just have to accept things and shave it all off.

The guy is not the best suited to a HT due to extent of loss, his goal, and his miniturising donor supply <_<

Give me 5 mins i will link you up via youtube :) Its not the clearest visual - but it will do!

Youtube link to Dr Feller and PB'S interviews with the BBC :)

Youtube

Sorry about the poor quality of the recording <_<

concluded that in the end you just have to accept things and shave it all off.

Well this is the cheapest way, and you dont need to worry about scarring, scabs, waiting and hoping you get good results, worrying about how much donor you have left, hiding under caps. It is realistically the only way to ever be free from it. Also the FACT is that nobody really looks twice at a bald man anymore (in a negative way) but IMO if you have a HT which is anything less than perfect, everyone will stare, and if you ask the average woman if she would sooner be with a bald man or a man with a HT, what would the answer be? Im guessing the same answer every time. Just my opinion after my experiences...saying that ive not exactly ever been to the best :angry:

[Also the FACT is that nobody really looks twice at a bald man anymore (in a negative way)

The programme seemed to show otherwise. The age guess experiment, the magazine article, when he tried to join a band, the women who were being honest about what they thought of bald men. Just listen to the guys own experiences and that of his bald brother.

As for the wig most of the women on the speed dating experiment liked his looks when he had a full head of hair but when they found out it was a wig they were put right off.

This was the program that forum member AliceB or (alice Bowden from the BBC) was doing research for,i thought it was good,a very light hearted look at how MPB can effect us,and the things we do and lengths we go to trying to change it.

The guy in it had bad hairloss for aged only 26,the way his hair was at the start did him no favours,he looked older than his years for sure,i thought the hair system he wore to be fair looked good and it changed his appearance for the better it took years off him,not that i would ever have one.as soon as i saw the bloke talking at the Feller consult you just new it was PB :D .

The was a hair op done from Farjo on a lad from overseas,he was looking at the results of barry from Eastenders,he thought they were great ,just goes to show what a lack of research can do if he thought that was good :blink: .

I thought it was good that he exposed the con men with the warm oil treatment! The 2nd visit he payed them sure showed you that they had no intention of answering why he had not seen any results as they promised him.. :ph34r: they just wanted him to have another load of chip oil poured over his head and take his cash! :(

The hair piece (wig) was fair play, the lady there wasnt making it out to be a '2nd layer of skin' like the well known con artists that charge £000's for the same thing! he got what he was promised and it did look very good for a wig. If thats what someone wants then fair play.. but I know from trying that myself.. its humiliating.

Unfortunatley it didnt look like he was an ideal HT candidate with such a large area of loss.. NW6? and poor donor. I actually think he was lucky! He hadnt gone to a UK con artist that butchered him when he was 20! He waited and did show him being less social and not feeling like part of the gang and left out with being bald. Unlike when he said he had hair he had lots more confidence and would get the ladies around him.

This would be of some relief to him to see that 'it could be worse' for these reasons, he has been able to shave all his hair off and it suited him down the the ground.. he looked his age! late 20's... not 40's! (to be fair... the thick David Bellemy beard was adding 10+ years on him)

Hats off to the people that did make the program.. showed the pro's and cons..(shame more UK clinics were not exposed but for legal reasons I guess this wasnt possible) and the guy put a good light hearted but also a serious aspect to the program... by saying about having suicidal thoughts and it is a life threatening situation from some young bald guys.

I still believe guys with less loss (NW3/4/5) and good donor and a virgin scalp can get awesome results from a HT as we've seen 100's of times by going to the USA/CANADA.. but this guy made the right decision for himself imo... and also I think he did have a lot of natural self confidence which many like me dont have to there advantage.

Workin now spex thx, is that all of it ? hopefully the programe will run again soon on bbc3.

I think its back on again on tuesday night m8 (BBC 3) Dr. Feller seems a honest guy, saying that if he does a ht on this man it may not work. I cant see a surgeon over here admitting that <_< I think there is lots and lots of negative points about ht in general. Imagine having a ht then getting alopecia and all scars are exposed, or needing chemotherapy etc., or you get a ht and you loose the rest rapidly and have no donor left. I just think maybe even though some people hate the idea, the only realistic option is to shave it off... :ph34r: Sorry if ive upset anyone by saying this thats not what im trying to do...to be honest its just this topic about the guy who went to Dr. Rogers (the only good surgeon in the uk everyone agrees) and got results as poor as he has (belkin), has got me questioning it all, that on top of my experiences.

Gutted I missed it :(

Where did you hear that it was on again tonight ? Coz its not on according to the paper or on the tv listings.

Where did you hear that it was on again tonight ? Coz its not on according to the paper or on the tv listings.

Its on again at 2:55am on tuesday morning on BBC3, or wednesday morning, its on the freeview guide.

Stevo.. that was 1am today.. i should have said morning not evening.. 1am always seems like night time to me.

Stevo.. that was 1am today.. i should have said morning not evening.. 1am always seems like night time to me.

For some reason i thought this topic was posted today :rolleyes:

Taxi for stevo :D

jaym why are you on these fourms then if you think the best thing to do is just shave of your hair :huh: obviously if someone were to get cancer and need cemo i think the scar on there head would be the least of ther worries dont you

you keep say that we all think rogewrs is good but actually noone here who nows there stuff does so stop saying it as yourlining some one up faor a fall <_< it is like sayiong this buket is the best one coz its got fewer holes in it.... rogers is not good end of story as proved many times

you have been burnt and burnt bad by uk butchers that doesnt mean ht is the wrong way to go for the right person and thats why yopu need to go to a very good doctor one who you can trust and who has reputation for excelllent work timt and time and time and time and time and time and time agian ;)

Dr Feller was very honest about his options, if that was a h ospital G roup / Norton consultation they probably would of said 'yes of course we can give you a mop top, now give us your money' lol!

The Indian er, doctor was sooo funny, now thats what I call snake oil! I chuckled when he kept saying " talking is prohibited" when the guy was asking questions about what to expect.

Hey PB, whats it like being a TV Personality?

Hmmm... what's this about me being a TV star :huh: ?

I haven't seen it as I'm in Arizona and wouldn't have seen it anyway where I live... What did I say on there :unsure: ?

jaym why are you on these fourms then if you think the best thing to do is just shave of your hair :huh: obviously if someone were to get cancer and need cemo i think the scar on there head would be the least of ther worries dont you

you keep say that we all think rogewrs is good but actually noone here who nows there stuff does so stop saying it as yourlining some one up faor a fall <_< it is like sayiong this buket is the best one coz its got fewer holes in it.... rogers is not good end of story as proved many times

you have been burnt and burnt bad by uk butchers that doesnt mean ht is the wrong way to go for the right person and thats why yopu need to go to a very good doctor one who you can trust and who has reputation for excelllent work timt and time and time and time and time and time and time agian ;)

Theres reasons i feel this way about it. For one i have never in my life seen a even remotely convincing ht (saying that ive only seen them from the clinics i have visited) Secondly, i dont see the harm in potential ht patients exploring their options to get a different view point (mine) rather than just being told "hair transplants are superb and give you confidence" etc., thirdly i did not mean that everyone here says Dr. Rogers is good, i just get the impression from various comments that he is considered the best in the uk (which he probably is) but looking at belkins ht...well...its not exactly good, almost comparable to Tom Norton himself. I want to help people. I have spent many £1000's on wigs, ht's, potions etc., all to end up where i am now, bald and scarred...i am not the first and i will not be the last. It would be great to know if just one person has viewed my story and tried shaving it off and realised its not that big a deal, it is only hair. I also on my posts say that if somebody is serious about a ht to go to the best i.e., Dr. Feller or at least america, but i think people need to be 100% certain of what happens to them. There is no councilling etc., for somebody (which i think there should be by law) to warn them that they "may" be less than 100% satisfied, and that they "may" not actually like having scars all over their scalp. I have read stories and met people who have had a ht and felt suicidal almost immediately and thought "what the hell have i done". Results of guys on this site speak for themselves...spex, PB etc etc., but this is not the case ALL the time. I reaslied my comments would not be popular, and the comment about the chemotherapy, true you would be more worried naturally about the treatment, BUT already being sensitive enough about something as simple as natural hairloss to have surgery, then surely having all your hair fall out to expose these scars would make a horrible situation worse?

You said that modern HT's are hardly noticable, you hid your face with a giant lollipop

post-729-1181982833_thumb.jpg

post-729-1181983359_thumb.jpg

I am trying to compress the video so I can upload the entire film on to youtube, if successful I will post the link