Daz

My Hairloss Pictures

To everyone who replied to my last post, here are my pics as of today, sorry about the quality, i used an old webcam i found, but u can see where im thinin on top and where my hairline no longer exists :Ppost-3269-1181826205_thumb.jpgpost-3269-1181826220_thumb.jpgpost-3269-1181826233_thumb.jpgpost-3269-1181826242_thumb.jpg

These pics are not the clearest but i can see your concern. Initially before doing anything i would advise looking into propecia/proscar and stabilising your loss especially with it thinning so fast as you mentioned.

Once you have been on meds and hopefully respond well then you can look into a HT's but not before mate as at the moment its impossible to say where your loss pattern is going.

I would recommend looking into the big 3 for several months then assessing your suitability for HT after that.

ok cheers spex, ill be on the big three by the end of the month so i will get back to you in say 6 months time and take some pics, and go from there, thanks again for being so informative and kind! wish me luck! :)

You seem to be nw4 already and heading for nw6! At 22 this is a very aggressive case of hairloss :( .

I feel for you as this must be pretty distressing at such a young age.

Firstly as Spex advised get on the big 3. By far the most important of the three is a dht inhibitor (Dut or Fin). However dont expect any quick results wait atleast 6months before assesing and possibly another 5/6 months after to be sure that the hairloss is under control. (Yeah I know its a long time).

Remember any regrowth is a very rare bonus what you're really aiming to do is stop any further loss.

Also it would be a good idea to look at other family members Father, uncles, brothers and both grandfathers if being a nw7 (the most extreme form of hairloss, think Patrick stewart/Larry Davis etc) is a family trait then a HT might not be a good option because you wont have the donor available for an acceptable result.

Right thats enough of the negatives.

Now the good news is if you can maintain you current hair being a virgin scalp you should have plenty of donor for a top surgeon to work with, and having found this site you wont be going to a UK butcher so the chances are that you will be able to get a good result and have your hair restored in time to enjoy the majority of your 20's. :)

hey s.a.f yes it is rather distressing being so young and everything, i try not to let it get to me to much, but sometimes i cnt help it! I will be on fin asap and im already on regaine, my gramps was completly bald b4 he passed away at 70, my father who is 55 is probably a 5 on that nw scale, so i think i am the worst of the family so far, i think because i wore a cap for so long, i never really let my hair breathe as the cap made me feel more secure about myself, anyway i'm going to use everything at my disposle and just hope for the best really! cheers guys

Caps do not effect your hair so dont blame yourself its all down to genes, your hairloss is programmed from birth. As for family genetics as long as your relatives all have plenty of hair in the donor area ie: the hair at the back and the sides goes right up to the top of the scalp then you should have enough.

hey s.a.f yes it is rather distressing being so young and everything, i try not to let it get to me to much, but sometimes i cnt help it!

I think we all know that feeling well my friend. Sorry to see that you have been affected at such a young age, I hope that fin or dut have a positive effect on you.

Please keep us informed on how things work out, and welcome to the site.