belkin999

1000 Fue Ht With Dr Rogers - 6 Months

Guys...I thought its worth sharing another patients pics from HLH.....this is a Dr Wolf patient who's had 1000 FUE and is only 5 MONTHS!!

Just goes to show FUE hair shouldn't sprout and grow and quicker!!

I think it's pretty obvious which are the pre-HT and which are 5 months post op.

post-370-1181938508_thumb.jpg

post-370-1181938538_thumb.jpg

post-370-1181938560_thumb.jpg

post-370-1181938581_thumb.jpg

Dr Rogers,

Can I ask a question.....my understanding is very limited so I may have completely missed something. FUE is only different in the method of extraction. Why should that affect growth rates. Strip surgery involves cutting a strip of tissues and then dissecting these in smaller follicular units, whilst with FUE you dissect the follicular units directly form the back. Incisions are made in the same manner in the recipient area and graft placement is the same, so why should the FUE HT's grow so slowly?! It's only slightly slower, by massively slow. Finally, nearl all the the hair that are growing are thick and black, which would suggest they have been growing a while, rather than just sprouting!

I really do hope what you say is true about FUE for belkin's sake.

S.

Absolutely, Sagg. I also thought that when I started but it really does seem different to strip - I'm not the only one to have noticed this. Back 31/2 - 4 years ago, when I was more cagey about FUE, I made comments (possibly HLH ) that FUE grafts came out "skinny" compared to strip grafts. Since then, I do see FUEs come out early, then stop, then grow. Some stay in and grow immediately, then fall out. Some are just very delayed. It really is very much more variable than strip.

I can understand the frustration, on a very personal level, and I would feel dreadful if this stays like this. But, I have seen this before, I wouldn't stake my reputation, if in time, I don't expect it to sort itself out.

I think it'll be fine in time, difficult to wait and be patient though.

Why it is different to strip? No obvious answer but, in the Milan conference last week, one doctor (can't remember which) mentioned in passing about choosing hairs in various stages of the life cycle. In FUE, you chosse the most active (which will pass into the dormant stage soon). In strip, you take every single hair, no matter what stage it is in. This may have an effect on regrowth timing compared to FUE. Even with strip, full results do take about 18 months ( and strip is mostly consistent - but not always even then).

Okay, I guess there's probably no point in me adding my two cents, as I'm just going to be echoing certain statements that have already been made. Saying that, it was mentioned on the first page that 'many people will choose not to comment' and the paranoia in me thinks this was aimed at me... so here goes. :)

As people will know, I've been a supporter of Dr Rogers in various posts on this board. This is because I think it's unfair to criticise someone for no reason, and I had never seen, or heard about, any poor results performed by Dr Rogers.

Admittedly, things are not looking good for Belkin at the moment, and I would be very worried if this was me at the 6 month stage. However, I'm not ready to dismiss Dr Rogers just yet.

Firstly, IMO, Dr Rogers would not have posted pictures of this patient if he didn't think that a good result would be the outcome, and;

Secondly, we can all find pictures to compare other people's growth at different stages, but as is mentioned time and time again, growth speeds vary dramatically. We do not know this individual's physiology, and as such, we do not know if this would be the same with any other doctor.

I truly believe that Dr Rogers is not a con-artist. I believe this as he does post on here, he does answer questions, he has started documenting patients and he has had an operation himself by his own people (can't remember Dr... I mean Mr Norton doing this).

On the flip side, I do wonder why we are not seeing more patients photo's being posted on here by Dr Rogers, perhaps he would be so good to explain why this is. After all, most transplant surgeons (to my knowledge) are performing on a daily basis, and so it would be nice to see a few more posts made. I appreciate that Dr Rogers is a busy person, but perhaps an admin representative could do this. I think it is even more important now Dr Rogers, as I'm sure you would not want people to think that the pictures here are indicative of your work.

Like I said, I do believe that Dr Rogers is the only ethical surgeon in the UK and I really hope that time will prove this.

Belikin, please continue to post your pictures on here at various intervals. I think it is important that we follow your progress. I really hope that thinks get better for you over the coming months. If by the 12 month mark you are no further on, then I think you should meet with Dr Rogers and discuss a refund.

Dr Rogers, how are things coming along with your transplant? Are you intending on keeping us up-to-date with your progress?

Dear all,

I have obviously been disapointed by the results so far but I do appreciate Dr Rogers coming on here to post and I do believe that by coming on here it indicates that he does care about what result I will obtain. I suppose I can only cross my fingers and wait as at the moment there isn't really any cosmetic difference at all. I can only say how good these forums are and thanks you all for being my support ***** ;) , I will continue to post at perhaps 9 months and then a year.

All I can really do is encourage others to post who have been to Dr Rogers good result or poor and to share experiences and photos and the same for Dr Rogers himself. Out of the clearly hundreds of people who have been surely someone else can get involved even off their own bat?

ps: just to clarify I did have some growth from 3 months, the hairs were thick straight away and thought "here we go hairsville" but alas not the case!

Anyway, back to the mirror.....

The word it starred out above was "*****", is this a bad word now?!

Okay this is silly........ g-r-o-u-p

please computer don't edit it its not a bad word!

I truly believe that Dr Rogers is not a con-artist. I believe this as he does post on here, he does answer questions, he has started documenting patients and he has had an operation himself by his own people (can't remember Dr... I mean Mr Norton doing this).

Like I said, I do believe that Dr Rogers is the only ethical surgeon in the UK and I really hope that time will prove this.

Absolutely. I think it really good Dr. Rogers comes on here and posts about this patient, it does show he cares, rather that signing in under another name and having a dig at him (as has happened on this forum by other doctors). Still where Dr. Rogers said "I would feel dreadful if this stays like this. But, I have seen this before, I wouldn't stake my reputation, if in time, I don't expect it to sort itself out." I wonder what Dr. Rogers would do (with this patient) in this scenario? Also i think it would be really good as shaft hinted if Norton himself came onto the forums (or one of his representatives) to listen and answer comments. i wonder what the chances of that are?

On the flip side, I do wonder why we are not seeing more patients photo's being posted on here by Dr Rogers, perhaps he would be so good to explain why this is. After all, most transplant surgeons (to my knowledge) are performing on a daily basis, and so it would be nice to see a few more posts made. I appreciate that Dr Rogers is a busy person, but perhaps an admin representative could do this. I think it is even more important now Dr Rogers, as I'm sure you would not want people to think that the pictures here are indicative of your work.

Reading this thread I'm sorry to see belkin999's results. I hope this sorts itself out.

I'm a patient of Dr Rogers having had two strip surgery transplants. The first 18 months ago. I'm now 5 months down the line with my second 2000 graft strip surgery. I find it genuinely difficult to assess progress when new hairs are coming through existing. I can feel the new grafts growing and have found for me it takes 9 months to really see the impact. I've said to Dr Rogers at my last meeting I would be willing to have my photos used as an example of his work. I'm not keen to show any results until I see the final outcome. The main reason being totally honest that I have not been keen to show any photos myself on this or other forums is that I anticipate negative comment on the work I've had done because it has been done in the UK. At my next meeting with Dr Rogers to assess my progress I will ask him for an opinion on my progress and if he would consider it a fair representation of his work. I'd like nothing more than to see Dr Rogers do well in the UK and would be only too happy to support his work.

Reading through this thread it's good to see Dr Rogers respond to Belkin999's situation - it would worry me as one of his patients if there wasn't a response to a fair and genuine post by one of his other patients.

Hi carter, it is up to you if you want to post pictures, not the doctor. People on this forum (e.g PB the most recent) posts pics just after, and a few days after, and so-on, as does everyone else. If you had this 18 months ago and 5 months ago it would be good to see how its looking. We all (well most of us) agree that Dr. Rogers seems to be the only realistic option in the uk as we have not seen any bad results...but no good ones either, except for belkin and them results speak for themselves. It would be good to see your pictures and after 18 then 5 months i would be suprised if Dr. Rogers has a problem with it...after all its your scalp. Good luck m8 and i hope you are happy with it, thats the main thing.

Hi Belkin, sorry to hear that you've had a disappoinitng result so far. Although I'm a repair patient and my sitiuation is different to yours, I've had a similar ouput to yourself (I'm 6.5 months post op) and so I know how it feels. It's hard but I think its best be patient and not to compare yourself with the results of others as you could just be a slow grower. Only the next 6 months will tell. I, myself have delayed posting my pics because at 6 months it's too soon to criticize. Anyways, Good luck :) .

I will be posting regular pictures of my recent HT without knowing what the result will be <_< Everyone will see it from start to finish as things happen... and once I get back home, I'll be posting the pictures the same day they are taken. No BS waiting to see if the results are good before posting <_<

Hi all,

I know some may be holding out posting pictures because they fear criticism but I do not think this should be the case. I am aware that the pictures I posted are not the final result but thought it only fair as others had posted 6 months pics and it allows for direct comparison.

We should not be afraid of posting pics as we should remember results are not our fault! Okay there have been some negative comments in the past ref choice of doctor but it seems to me that most people on here have been burnt at some point and there is no smugness just a common goal!

On that note good luck pb, carter and especially you BAL!

I will be posting regular pictures of my recent HT without knowing what the result will be <_< Everyone will see it from start to finish as things happen... and once I get back home, I'll be posting the pictures the same day they are taken. No BS waiting to see if the results are good before posting <_<

I just want to clarify that I ain't waiting for my results to come good before posting as that may never happen.. The fact is theres literally nothing to show. You'll be surprised how reluctant you get to taking photographs when theres little to show... you just think what's the point. PB I recall you taking a break after your 6 months pics and then taking some at 9 months for similar reasons though I maybe wrong. It's great that you have a wife to motivate and help in the taking your pics. God forbid but maybe if you have had 6 sessions (with the likelihood of more) then you wouldn't be as driven to taking and posting pictures regularly? Now I did make a post stating my progress. Granted I could have posted photos too and made a big song and dance over it but at the end of the day it would just heighten my fears and that's no good.

Also I wasn't sayin that Belkin999 shouldn't have posted his pics. Far from it, he's a virgin scalp patient of a doctor who many request to see more of so he should he applauded. His case does provide direct comparison. However, I don't think you can do a comparison of me with anyone here as theres a lot of factors and unique elements affecting my situation.

I was merely tring to lift Belkin's spirits about how others are in the same boat and how 6 months is not the be all and end of. Sorry if it came out wrong Belkin.

BAL - Don't worry mate - Its very common for an area that has been worked on many times to be slow at growing.(you have had work several times now in that front area) There will be an increased build up of scar tissue in that area causing the growth to take longer. Just be patient mate as it will all come together in time.

The Doc wants to see your progress especially your scar in September when he comes over :)

I agree with BAL.....

I think there two different situ's.....1) Virgin scalp and 2) Repair cases

The virgin scalp HTs are more consistent than repair cases, the results of which can vary greatly even for the same patient. A virgin scalp taking pics every month will show how the HT is progressing because in 99% of cases there are some changes month on month...ie 1st month shedding, 2nd month worst stage, 3 month very start of growth, 4 month some growth....now how much growth will obviously vary, but generally for most patients this is the pattern. However if your a repair patient and you have had absolutely no growth yet and people of have seen you previous HT pics then I think it should be suffecient just to say 'no grwoth'. What's the point of going through the trouble of taking pics and upoading them when there is no change whatsoever and the only likely comments you will get are 'hang on in there...you will grow soon'...you can get these comments without pics!

In my opinion the objective of the pics is to show a visual representation of progress made - a picture is worth a 1000 words an all!! No progress made...no pic!!

Hi Belkin,

Sorry to see your going thru some difficult times--- found your story on another site and wanted to wish you well and let you know that I am pulling for you.

One of the things that concerns me most about your results thus far is that the hair grown out seems to have odd angulation.

I will be waiting to see what comes of your case in the coming months, although, I believe estimates of "slow growth" are a bit off base.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that people are aware of your situation and are wishing you well.

Take Care,

J

Hi BAL,

sorry if my comment came over as having a dig at you - I wasn't referring to you or your pics at all.

Yes, I had a bad time after 6 months when my hair started thinning out due to Nizoral - it took me 3 months to figure out that it was the Nizoral causing it.

I intend to post pictures of my second HT all the way through - the good and the bad times. My first bad time is now happening as my grafts are shedding on my right temple - about 60% gone :angry:

Don't worry about it PB, there was no offence taken. I just thought that remark needed a response. Your an excellent contributor to this forum and I must commend you for all your efforts. I will be monitoring your progress with interest and hope it ends up to be a great success B)

The Doc wants to see your progress especially your scar in September when he comes over :)

If it's ON mate, I'll be there for sure :)

One of the things that concerns me most about your results thus far is that the hair grown out seems to have odd angulation.

I will be waiting to see what comes of your case in the coming months, although, I believe estimates of "slow growth" are a bit off base.

i agree with this entirely, regardless of "slow grow" wtf is going on with the angles :blink:

Grafts initially have a mind of their own in the early days - Allow this session to grow more and mature. It is only 6 months which is still relatively early days!

Grow well Belkin999 :)

Reading this thread I'm sorry to see belkin999's results. I hope this sorts itself out.

I'm a patient of Dr Rogers having had two strip surgery transplants. The first 18 months ago. I'm now 5 months down the line with my second 2000 graft strip surgery. I find it genuinely difficult to assess progress when new hairs are coming through existing. I can feel the new grafts growing and have found for me it takes 9 months to really see the impact. I've said to Dr Rogers at my last meeting I would be willing to have my photos used as an example of his work. I'm not keen to show any results until I see the final outcome. The main reason being totally honest that I have not been keen to show any photos myself on this or other forums is that I anticipate negative comment on the work I've had done because it has been done in the UK. At my next meeting with Dr Rogers to assess my progress I will ask him for an opinion on my progress and if he would consider it a fair representation of his work. I'd like nothing more than to see Dr Rogers do well in the UK and would be only too happy to support his work.

Reading through this thread it's good to see Dr Rogers respond to Belkin999's situation - it would worry me as one of his patients if there wasn't a response to a fair and genuine post by one of his other patients.

mmm is that you dr rogers ?? ;)