belkin999

1000 Fue Ht With Dr Rogers - 6 Months

post-3252-1181757898_thumb.jpg post-3252-1181757940_thumb.jpgpost-3252-1181757976_thumb.jpgpost-3252-1181757999_thumb.jpg

Hello all! Well this is my first post, I have read the forums for some time now and thought it only fair to give back so that others can benefit.

I am now 6 months on from a FUE HT with Dr Rogers in the UK, 1000 in total just into the temples. I promised myself I would post no matter what the results to give a true accurate representation of results and enable other people to make an informed decision.

My hair loss is limited to the temples only but this was a complete loss and combined with my very thick dark hair looks very severe (I would prefer it to have just thinned all over). Propecia worked wonders for me and resulted in complete cessation of loss in my temples, some re-growth and thickening and the same at the crown which had just started to show thinning (not any more). Not saying it will work for all but it did for me.

Anyhoo, when I decided to go for the HT travelling to the US wasn't an option (for reasons I wont go into) so I went for Dr Rogers (I HAD to do something). The procedure was painless but costly (£5000) and it scabbed a lot. The scabs did not come off for at least 3 weeks but I had no bleeding and eventually when they came off the small hairs came with them. From then on it was very slow growth, the occasional sprouter only and to be honest I was waiting for a bit of a flurry but this didn't come and looking at other peoples 6 month growths I realise that I am a long way off. I started to take MSM at about 5 months but cant really tell what difference this has made. I have cut some of the transplanted hairs short (hence how it looks in the pics) just because it looks a bit sillywith them long. I cant really see too many hairs coming through at the moment and would welcome comments from others and Dr Rogers on my progress.

Just to say thanks to you all for your past posts as it has been a wealth of information and I wish you all the best for the future. I will answer any Q's and keep you updated through the year.

Not overly impressive at all for 6 months. I think your yield is questionable :unsure: Your left temple appears barren. I think you will obviously need to leave it several more more for the final outcome but i personally would not be too happy with that result. <_< I remember your pictures. Rogers put them up a while ago. 50+ hair's per cm2 he confirmed..... :huh:

:o I hope you end up with more growth than that :blink: :unsure: You don't even have 50 hairs in total at the moment :(

Thank you for posting your pictures. Hopefully Dr Rogers will comment.

I too didn't want to comment on this but in all honesty this is a very poor result even for 6 months. You should see Rogers in person and allow him to assess what has gone wrong here <_<

I am sure many people will choose not to comment but i think its very important that they do. Imagine if this was a result by Feller or another world leader. There would be an uproar :blink:

This just confirms my opinion with regard to travel to get a HT.

Hello all,

Yes indeed not good ey? I cannot think of a single thing I could have done more to help it along to be honest. I left the area completely undisturbed, slept upright, allowed water to run over it after a few days etc....

The thing I am most concerned with is the fact that I have really thick hair and it SHOULD have been a really good result. I know it's only six months but there has been hardly any growth.

I didn't post the pics to get encouraging remarks by the way so don't worry (!), it was to allow other to make an informed decision in the future.

Some money back in my bank account certainly wouldn't hurt ;) , I know "results vary" but...

Welcome aboard Belkin999, it has taken great courage for you to come on here and post and for that you must be commended! Your results are still too early to give a final assessment on at this 6 month stage. The best thing to do is to continue to be very patient and see what comes in over the next 5/6 months before jumping the gun.

I think if you are still disappointed at this stage then you will need to see Dr Rogers in person as suggested for him to assess your situation in person. Only then can an accurate assessment be made.

Continuing to document your situation will certainly help you and other see your progress and allow experienced members of the community to help advise.

If i can be of any help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Spex

Hi Belkin, same as everyone else i hate to say a negative comment but that is a very dissapointing result, and that costs £5000? There may still be more growth to come but for this amount of time i dont think it looks very promising. You can actually count the individual hairs and there is not a tenth of a thousand there :blink: . Also the texture, direction and even colour look different to your natural hair. I too think Dr. Rogers should come and add a comment, maybe just to put the patients minds at rest??. Sorry for the negative comments, i know how it feels to be very dissapointed, but it is best to be honest even though it may not be what you want to hear. Good luck and i hope you work something out...or there is about 950 hairs bursting to get through very, very soon. Take care m8. BTW, i dont think you actually needed (from your pictures) a HT in the first place, it just looked like a mature hairline. Did Dr Rogers not advise other treatments first?

Hi belkin,

dont worry you still have time I also think you should speak to dr rodgers in person to asses your situation,

im no expert so cant really comment but reading the thread dr rodgers has put up claiming a sucess of 1000 FUE errrm actually looking close up there just doesnt seem that many?

I find it alarming that the DR RODGERS is trying to claim for somthing which isnt even true!

I'm sorry, but I think the results are pretty diabolical!!

I'll tell you why I say this.....and I'm not jumping the gun.....I'm a repair patient (3 UK butcherings) and I had more growth than this as month 3.

Also look at Badhair UK....a victim of many UK butcherings and he admitted himself he is a slower grower and he has far far better results than this at 6 months!

BAL's last Feller HT, after severe UK butchering was far better...

Zip it....another victim has far better results at 4 months and 6 months....

Shaft is already showing more growth.....

So although I do believe people grow at different rates, I also believe there's a certain minimum that everyone seems to acheive by month 5 - 6.

Also remember belkin had a virgin scalp.....so it should at least showed better than one of these guys, but its far worse than all of them! I'm trying to remember a 6 month picture from Feller or the other top docs that had results at bad as this and honestly cant think of anyone!!!

The worst thing about this...it cost £5000.....I know this is FUE but this is quite a bit more expensive than my 3000 graft surgery, the flights to canada, accommodation for 4 nights and food!!

Finally....the growth that is coming through looks like my UK butchering type of growth....1 hair every cm..growing in a random direction!!! :o

Not good...! I think some sort of refund is definantley in order...especially how Dr Rogers is considered to be the most ethical of HT doctors in the UK!!

From what i've seen and what i see before me now, i'd say it wasn't looking to good, being a resident of the uk, i was only interested in having a HT in the uk, and dr rogers name came up a few times, however after seein these pictures, its just more proof that America is the way to go! Hope the hairs come through in the next 6 months and thanks for lettin us see your pictures, i read the other topic that dr rogers started regarding your HT, he seemed a bit hesitant to answer dr fellers questions and he didnt seem to keen on showin his patients pictures, maybe because the work he had done on them wasnt that good ? who knows, i wouldnt of had a HT if i was you anyway, your hair looked just fine as it was, very thick and healthy!

Good point there Daz ;)

This only confirms my opinion also on the UK's leading hair transplant surgeon :unsure:

Look at these pictures of hairroot Dr Fellers FUE patient at only 5 1/2 months

IPB Image

IPB Image

A picture paints a thousand words!

Belkiin99, i too have received poor work previously, not by Rogers but by NHI. It is sad to be the recipient of poor yield and this is predominately down to the surgeon who needs to be held responsible. They will duck and dive to avoid responsibility though and blame it on you the patient <_< Whatever you do i would not return to him as you can't buy donor hair. Look into travelling abroad to have your situation rectified. All the very best!

Thanks all for the words of encouragement, I'm not a demanding person by nature but I did expect to have more by now than I have. Well, much more to be honest! In reply to my "mature" hairline (gently put thank you!) I was not even expecting a full on wall of hair but would have been happy with a natural softening of the recession rather than the horseshoe shape I have which is very sudden (from really thick hair to no hair in about 1mm!). By the sound of it many of you know what it's like to go through the HT, give over that much cash and then most painful of all sit and watch expectedly only for nothing to happen. I know I will have to wait a few more months but I am now just accepting that it's not going to be what I had hoped for :mellow:

post-3252-1181757976_thumb.jpgpost-3252-1181757999_thumb.jpg

IMO at only 6 month obviously the results should only be about 45 - 60% but I would have expected them to be more like hairroots 5 month pics ie : About 70% of the hairs should have come through (started to sprout) but still very fine textured hairs looking like your normal hairs are miniturising or baby hair, then over the next 6months the remaining slow growers will sprout adding to the density the transplanted hairs will then thicken in calibre and become much more noticible as they change to resemble your natural hair.

But from these results there is only a small percentage of hairs sprouting (15%?) and they appear to be quite unnatural (thick and dark almost like beard stubble) they are pointing in odd directions and the most dissapointing part is the density pcm2 (single figures? :blink: )

Obviously you have to wait for final results (another 6months+) but from my experience I would'nt count on too much of an improvement even if what you have at this stage is only 30% (and thats doubtful) it still wont be a great result. :unsure:

Sorry man I'm just giving my honest opinion. :(

It is sad to be the recipient of poor yield and this is predominately down to the surgeon who needs to be held responsible. They will duck and dive to avoid responsibility though and blame it on you the patient <_<

Absolutely spot on hope...you can praise and praise surgeons all you want, but when you are unhappy with their work, they will attack you, turn everyone against you and actually blame you, so in turn will everyone else. You really need to be careful and choose your words wisely. BTW belkin, £5000 is an insane amount of money for your work :o I and im sure everybody else awaits Dr Rogers response eagerly, now we will find out if there is a uk surgeon who cares about the patients hapiness.

Hi belkin999 and welcome

It is very good of you to post your pictures especially when you know what sort of response there going get.

I truly hope things turn out better for you. There is still time for some improvement.

Good luck mate and keep us updated

hi mate

have you tried to contact dr rogers directly to see what his opinion is

it may well be you are a slow grower which i hope is the case for you

dr rogers does seem an ethical guy and i am sure he will address your concerns

hopefully on here so everyone can see.

well i know rogers likes the conservative approach but....

That one made me chuckle :rolleyes:

Hi Belkin, I think you would be best contacting Dr Rogers to see what he says, you may be a late bloomer, I don't mean to offend but your pics dont look too promising, I think a strip procedure may of given you a better yeald.

I hope it does work out for you

Lucky

hi mate

have you tried to contact dr rogers directly to see what his opinion is

it may well be you are a slow grower which i hope is the case for you

dr rogers does seem an ethical guy and i am sure he will address your concerns

hopefully on here so everyone can see.

Let's be realistic.....even if belkin is the slowest grower ever......he should be far more advanced than this at the 6 month stage!! He had around 450 - 500 grafts placed in each temple and around 20 or so are gorwing....that's less than 10%!! I mean people usually hold onto more hair than that after a HT (hair that don't shed)!

It's very very poor...as bad as N O R T O N and H O S P I T A L G R O U P .......just becuase Dr Rogers comes on here and posts doesn't change belkin's situation or result.....this is a very BAD result....I would say as bad of the UK's worst clinics!!

Have you noticed Dr Roger's hasn't been on here to talk about this case...in the past he has always defended his position and gave the expression that no matter what you say about his he has the decency to come on here and put his sode of the story across and be honest etc....

Not heard anything yet!!

Definitely slow growth at this stage, I would agree. However, you do have to give FUE more chance and time to grow than strip grafts. For some reason, they are much more unpredictable. I've seen similar late growth from FUE (a patient called Whisky) was similar - quite poor at 6 months then suddenly caught up again by 12 months.

We counted all the grafts and they certainly went back in without problems. They were all complete hairs and bulbs - each was checked and trimmed. The hairs that are growing are still very short, suggesting that even they have only just sprouted. If the result is the same in another 6 months then that is a different matter and I would be equally disappointed. At this stage, we honestly do not know.

I certainly wouldn't have put the pictures up nor had my own hair transplant with my own team, if I was at worried about the lack of growth.

The hairs that are growing are still very short, suggesting that even they have only just sprouted.

If you see this quote Dr. Rogers then listen to what belkin said: "I have cut some of the transplanted hairs short (hence how it looks in the pics) just because it looks a bit sillywith them long." this suggests that they have been growing for a while rather than just sprouting, and the hairs do look thick and healthy, just very sparse and different to his natural hair. I guess the next 6 months will tell a lot. What will you do if its the same (ish) in 6 months?

Dr Rogers,

Can I ask a question.....my understanding is very limited so I may have completely missed something. FUE is only different in the method of extraction. Why should that affect growth rates. Strip surgery involves cutting a strip of tissues and then dissecting these in smaller follicular units, whilst with FUE you dissect the follicular units directly form the back. Incisions are made in the same manner in the recipient area and graft placement is the same, so why should the FUE HT's grow so slowly?! It's only slightly slower, by massively slow. Finally, nearl all the the hair that are growing are thick and black, which would suggest they have been growing a while, rather than just sprouting!

I really do hope what you say is true about FUE for belkin's sake.

S.