Daz

Hey Guys, I'm A Newbie!

Hey guys, firstly let me start by tellin you a bit about myself. I'm 22 yrs old living in the UK, and i'm currently going though the stages of MPB, my older brothers, who are now in there late 20's went bald by there mid 20's and my father who is in his 50's has lost alot of hair also, but i think i'm going to be the worst out of them all. My hair started to recead when i was about 17, and at that point it didnt really bother me, i just made the best with what i had using differnt styles and i got away with it, however in the past 6 months, for some reason the hair on the top of my head and crown has thinned alot, causin me great distress as i can no longer hide the fact im going bald unless i have a baseball cap on. I've just started using Regaine Extra Strength 5%, which i bought at £49.99 for a 3 month supply, is this a good deal? as i've seen on this forum a website, http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk/ which sell a yrs supply at a cheaper price than my 3 month supply, so just wondering isit the same stuff, tested, approved etc etc, I've also been lookin everywhere to get propecia/proscar, but the price of propecia is so $$ so im going to do what alot of you are doing, and cut up some proscar, i think cuttin them into 5ths will be a bit tricky, so i think ill be cuttn them into 4ths, hope this is fine? I'm going to be making an order with Dr ashcroft in the next few days so i will be on them shortly, read alot about the side effects off proscar, the main being a decrease in sex drive, well i wnt kno untill im on them weather i suffer from that, but at the moment my sex drive is probably to high (haha) so a decrease wouldnt do much harm. I've been gettin a lil bit of a headache while using regaine, but i dnt want to put it down to that all alone, soo ill keep using it for another week or so and see what happens, while using it tho, im apply it to my scalp, but because i have like a grade 7 hair length ( about 2 inches long ) the solution is gettin on my hair rather than just my scalp, but i am massarging it into my scalp, is this ok? Right hair transplants? i know i will never get my hair line back to how i would like it without having a HT, so this is something im really considering, and believe me ive done plenty of research on this subject, and after all the reading ive done, i think wen the time comes to get one, i will most definatly be flying to New York, it never occured to me to travel overseas for an operation, but after finding this forum, my mind changed alot, i was booked in at the H******* *****, but after the first consultation i saw them for what there really are, a scam! The guy who saw me was a biusness man trying to sell me propecia as soon as i sat at his desk, telling me dnt worry we cn help you, etc etc, what alot of bollocks eh Lol! Well thas it for now, just wanted to introduce myself to you guys, the only name i know is spex, and ive read his site alot, and he really does seem like a genuwinly nice guy, so thanks for puttin me intouch with your GP, otherwise i would of never gotten the proscar, not at that price anyway! Well hope to learn abit more about you guys, it does feel good knowin i can spk to ppl who are in the same boat as me, as ive always really kept it to myself about my hair loss, not even discussed it much with my parents! Good day darren.

Welcome aboard Daz! Use the forums to continue your reasearch and if i can be of any further help feel free to email me B)

Hey Daz, you're doing the right thing by using proven treatments first. Remember the three "P"s- use proven treatments, take pictures to record your progress and have patience.

When it comes to proven treatments, this - in order of proven effectiveness, greatest to least - is the list of the best, in my opinion: (1) Propecia/Proscar or Avodart (2) Minoxidil 5% (3) Tricomin (4) Nizoral (5) Revivogen (6) Everything else. Remember, the average hair loss treatment takes a minimum of 6 months to begin working, and sometimes up to 24 months to truly see optimal results. So don't expect overnight success.

As for getting good deals, you can't beat Dr Ashcroft's prices on genuine Proscar. £8 per month is a steal. You can get cheaper prices on Indian generic versions of Proscar at www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk and www.unitedpharmacies.com, but I hear mixed stories about the Indian generics. That said, I bought Dutas (Indian generic Avodart) - and other products - cheaply at Inhouse and they were fine. A month's supply of 30 capsules cost me £21.94. The best prices on genuine Avodart are at www.merlonipharma.ch, a very reliable Swiss website. I bought 90 capsules for £94.45, including shipping, that's £31.48 per month. But I wouldn't recommend Avodart until you've tried Proscar for at least a year.

www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk offers a genuine 12 month supply of generic Minoxidil 5% (12 60ml bottles), equivalent to Regaine Extra Strength, for £53.99. The monthly cost is £53.99/12 = £4.50. Great value.

Boots offers Nizoral 2% anti-dandruff shampoo at £7.99. A 100ml bottle should last you several months as you're only going to be using a relatively small amount twice a week. Let's assume it lasts you 3 months, so £7.99/3 = £2.66. You can save even more if you buy through www.boots.com because Boots participates in the www.quidco.com cashback scheme.

hey pondle cheers for all that info, i agree with you on the proscar, couldnt believe how cheap dr ashcroft got it for, im going to pop down the bank monday and send him a bank transfer, he hasnt replied to my emails yet but i can imagine he is a very busy guy so once the money has sent i shall give him a quick call to let him know, i will use the rest of my regaine and then buy that generic stuff once ive run out, and next time im in town ill get hold of some nizoral, i hope it all works for me, i dnt have any bald patches, but i am thinnin out alot and when my hair is either dry or wet, u can see my scalp which isnt very flattering ! cheers