Sign in to follow this  

Donor Area

Today is my 10 day post op, the donar area is uncomfortable and slightly painful. I know Dr F recommends 10-12 days before removing the staples. Is this a sign they are ready to be removed? or should i wait another 2 days?

Thanks

I think most people tend to take the staples out after 10 days, I took mine out after 10 days. Some people even wait for 14 days

The Doc told me 10 days so that is when I took mine out but if you want to leave them in for a couple more days im sure this will not be a problem.

They will be tight now mate - You can take them out now at day 10 B)

Trust me to lose the f'ing staple remover :angry:

I do not trust the nurse at the docs as last time i had stitches removed (norton debacle) she left some in and simply ripped the others out.

So decided to remove them myself with scissors, putting the blades under and opening out, not the conventional way i know, some were painful, a little bleeding but all out now thank god because they were becoming very irritating

You took your staples out yourself with scissors :o !?

I cant even see my stapes as they are covered in hair... I think they might be difficult to remove...

So decided to remove them myself with scissors

Now thats what i call using your initiative lol :lol: I just hope you dont get an infection.

Hopefully not :) i sterilsed the scissors with boiling water, and applied tea tree oil to the sutre so should be ok. I looked at the removal vid on youtube, and the staple remover works a lot like a pair of scissors would in removing the staples, a sort of open outward and up manouvre.

Had a couple of beers and a painkiller mind. 'just in case'

So decided to remove them myself with scissors, putting the blades under and opening out, not the conventional way i know, some were painful, a little bleeding but all out now thank god because they were becoming very irritating

My God... you are nails sir!!!! :)

Wooow! Holy shit - that is hardcore - Fair play - hope all is ok mate!!