Does alcohol cause hair loss, i am beginning to think it does, every time after drinking it my hair comes out more in the shower, it also dehdrates you which cant be good. what are your views on this??????

Alcohol lowers testosterone so if anything it should be good for m.p.b (but not your liver! :P ). But seriously it should'nt make any difference.

However I've noticed whenever you see these street wino's they nearly always have great heads of hair. :lol:

hi guys long time no post ...

i once asked the same to spex

whenever i went on a mad bender and was hung over for days i felt down and depresed. i noticed that i shed more hair....

ive stopped the mad benders but still shed hair.

Alcohol lowers testosterone so if anything it should be good for m.p.b (but not your liver! :P ). But seriously it should'nt make any difference.

However I've noticed whenever you see these street wino's they nearly always have great heads of hair. :lol:

Alcohol does lower testosterone but in the same it dehydrates our body and deprives us of the vitamins needed in our body. I cant possibly see how alcohol can be of benefit, im thinkin of quiting all togheter but all the members of my family are bald so does it really matter?????

My father does not drink alcoho,never has and he has lost his hair. His diet isnt great but that wouldnt cause all the hairloss he has had.

Ive treid taking every precaution but im giving up, my hair loss is getting worse and im about to shave my head. i ve had this before and i look horrible, all girls i know asked me back then why did i shave it as i looked better with hair. thats my answer to when im totally bald, i looked better with hair, how can a guy possiby feel confident with the way he looks when its obvious i will look worse which i agree with.

Scotty, (and anyone else in this position) you need to forget about these things (alcohol/diet etc)

this is just clutching at straws and before you know it you'll be obsessed by wether everything you do/eat/drink is going to effect your hair. This is not a good thing I've seen it happen to too many guys on these boards where they become paranoid and let their hair take over their entire lives.

As you've said since your male relatives are all bald the problem lies purely with your genetics and not your lifestyle.

Getting on proven meds eg Fin/Dut/big 3 is about the only thing that you can really do to combat hairloss some guys end up going to crazy lengths following desperatly ridiculous theories all of which will have no effect on your genetic m.p.b.

As I said before use the proven meds but apart from that just try to live your life and dont let this shitty condition bring you down. :(

i think alcohol must have an affect on our hair it dehydrates the body and depletes it from nutrients, i only drink on a friday and sat nite but the way i feel with hangovers indicates the body is not dealing with it..its like a shock to the system......if you have the bald gene in your hair then the alcohol is going to make it worse, if your lucky not to have it i dont think it really maters what you eat or drink.

I feel i am living my life watching what i eat and drink..........im even too frightened to work out at the gym as the testosterone levels rise, its really depressing it feels like i cant live a normal life anymore

if you have the bald gene in your hair then the alcohol is going to make it worse, if your lucky not to have it i dont think it really matters what you eat or drink.

This is probably true but what can you do about it. Another thing that can apparently effect you are insulin levels. But are you going to spend the rest of your life constantly monitoring them and restricting what you eat to some crazy scientific diet.

I feel i am living my life watching what i eat and drink..........im even too frightened to work out at the gym as the testosterone levels rise, its really depressing it feels like i cant live a normal life anymore

And even with all this hassle you're going to you will still probably lose you're hair, if its in your genes there's not much you can do to change this. Except try using meds. So just get on the fin or Dut and get on with your life instead of developing a compulsive disorder and miss out on enjoying life and have people think you are a weirdo. Sorry mate but its the best way.

if you have the bald gene in your hair then the alcohol is going to make it worse, if your lucky not to have it i dont think it really maters what you eat or drink.

MPB isn't a nutritional or toxilogical problem. Alcohol is kinda irrelevant.

I thought that working out at the gym only causes a temporary spike in T levels... and doing lots of cardio might reduce levels of sex steroids over the long term... but I'm not an expert, and this is just anecdotal - I haven't seen any studies.

Anyhow, T is a good thing. We need it for sex drive, muscle mass and bone mineral density. It's not a 'problem' for hair - men with 5AR deficiency, who never lose their hair, have normal levels of T. DHT is problem for us, and it's only a problem because we have more, or more sensitive, androgen receptors in our scalp follicles. But DHT is useful for libido, spermatogenesis (sperm formation) and because it's an estrogen antagonist, i.e. it inhibits the feminising effects of estrogen.

if you have the bald gene in your hair then the alcohol is going to make it worse, if your lucky not to have it i dont think it really maters what you eat or drink.

MPB isn't a nutritional or toxilogical problem. Alcohol is kinda irrelevant.

I thought that working out at the gym only causes a temporary spike in T levels... and doing lots of cardio might reduce levels of sex steroids over the long term... but I'm not an expert, and this is just anecdotal - I haven't seen any studies.

Anyhow, T is a good thing. We need it for sex drive, muscle mass and bone mineral density. It's not a 'problem' for hair - men with 5AR deficiency, who never lose their hair, have normal levels of T. DHT is problem for us, and it's only a problem because we have more, or more sensitive, androgen receptors in our scalp follicles. But DHT is useful for libido, spermatogenesis (sperm formation) and because it's an estrogen antagonist, i.e. it inhibits the feminising effects of estrogen.

I understand MPB isnt to do with alcohol but what alcohol does to our bodies may have an impact on our haie if we are suffering from MPB, i think to myself should i stop drinking all together.....i dont drink during the week, its friday and sat nite i drink but the way i feel in the mornings, sore head, dehydrated worries me

The association of androgenic alopecia (AGA) with insulin resistance, coronary artery disease and hypercholesterolemia has been reported. In a recent study it was proven that hair loss can be due to the clogging of tiny blood vessles supplying the hair follicles with blood in women and researchers suggest that this could be the reason for some mens' hair loss too <_<

http://www.level1diet.com/research/id/41662

So if you've got a fat beer belly and hair loss, it may mean that you are in for a heart attack :o

if you have the bald gene in your hair

I really do think that doing weights will produce more hairloss....its logical to think, more testosterone then more DHT.......Ive not went to the gym for over two months now, but as i am very skinny i need to go back and keep toned..........its crap feeling that to save the hair then dont work out.

I JUST WONDER IF THE PROSCAR I TAKE WILL STOP MORE CREATION OF THE DHT EVEN THOUGH THERE WILL BE MORE TESTOSTERONE.

We see many bobybuilders bald, but they use creatine and steroids which cause hairloss. its all related to testosterone in the end and im surprised there is not more evidence on weight lifting having a negative effect

We also see many bodybuilders with great hair even the ones on steroids.

In the end it all comes down to your genetics and not working out/smoking/drinking/w@nking or any of the other theories is not going to save your hair in the long run. <_<

There are as many examples of non smoking/non working out/ drinking etc etc bald guys as there are guys who do all these aforementioned things and still have great hair.

Taking a 5-AR inhibiter is the best thing that you can do but even thats not a gaurantee. If you've got the genes for m.p.b dont think for a second that cutting all these things from your lifestyle will enable you to keep your hair, you'll just be a neurotic guy with a dull lifestyle and still end up bald. :(

We also see many bodybuilders with great hair even the ones on steroids.

In the end it all comes down to your genetics and not working out/smoking/drinking/w@nking or any of the other theories is not going to save your hair in the long run. <_<

There are as many examples of non smoking/non working out/ drinking etc etc bald guys as there are guys who do all these aforementioned things and still have great hair.

Taking a 5-AR inhibiter is the best thing that you can do but even thats not a gaurantee. If you've got the genes for m.p.b dont think for a second that cutting all these things from your lifestyle will enable you to keep your hair, you'll just be a neurotic guy with a dull lifestyle and still end up bald. :(

yeah I agree that i will still go bald and i have continued to drink in the end, you make a valid point. im just panicking in case i start lifting weights that my hairloss will happen a lot sooner due to the increased levels of testosterone.

I have a friend who is a fitness instructor, he has lost most his hair yet his 2 brothers and father have full heads of hair, i dont understand it

Obviously he was lucky enough to inherit the good genes from somewhere in his family tree. Just look at our own Royal family Prince Andrew nearly 50 with no significant hair problems vs Prince Edward who was a nw6 in his late 20's. Same parents just different genetic codes.

Lifestyle is irrelevent to m.p.b

Just look at our own Royal family Prince Andrew nearly 50 with no significant hair problems vs Prince Edward who was a nw6 in his late 20's. Same parents just different genetic codes.

You can never be sure about who your biological father is <_< It could be anyone from the milkman to some co-worker <_< About 30% of fathers who think their kids are theirs are wrong <_< (so looking at "relatives" hair is a waste of time) And the same goes for the royal family Prince Andrew's biological father was probably some butler or gardener or stable boy :P I sometimes even wonder about my own sons... if they don't start going bald soon I'll have to get a DNA test done on them <_<