PB_

Pb_ Books Hotel

LOL - You did wake me up mate as it was 11.30 pm and even though it was Friday night - I am a married man and like to be tucked up early with the Mrs ;)

I'm very sorry :ph34r: I hope you managed to get back to sleep OK...

7.30/7.45am to some people seems a little too early to be at his office and some people have even turned up at midday without even an apology <_< This frustrates Feller who is there early ready to get started for the patient in order to give him/her the best results possible so that time doesn't hinder surgery.

Midday :o !? Really :rolleyes: ?? I can imagine how frustrating that would be. Does he throw patients out the door if they arrive that late?

Has anybody been from Central Manhattan to Feller Medical by taxi? How long does it take by taxi?

PB I got a taxi from Manhattan to Feller Medical but i set off with plenty of time. The taxi driver didnt know the way but found it 1st time luckily, it took about 45 mins and cost $60. The day i went was an American bank holiday so the roads were not as bad as usual apparently. So set off EARLY mate ;)

PB I got a taxi from Manhattan to Feller Medical but i set off with plenty of time. The taxi driver didnt know the way but found it 1st time luckily, it took about 45 mins and cost $60. The day i went was an American bank holiday so the roads were not as bad as usual apparently. So set off EARLY mate ;)

Shocking how many guys have reported that the taxi drivers don't know their way to Great Neck :blink: - they probably just illegally hopped across the border from Mexico the night before <_< I hope the train driver knows where he/she is going :P

7.30/7.45am to some people seems a little too early to be at his office and some people have even turned up at midday without even an apology <_< This frustrates Feller who is there early ready to get started for the patient in order to give him/her the best results possible so that time doesn't hinder surgery.

Midday :o !? Really :rolleyes: ?? I can imagine how frustrating that would be. Does he throw patients out the door if they arrive that late?

When I went for my HT, the Doc phoned me the day before and asked if I could be there for 7, I was outside at 6.50, by 7 we were well under way...Finished around 13:30 which I thought was a bit quick :huh:

I take it you discuss your hair and requirements at the appointment time and not go straight to the op table at your set time?

I take it you discuss your hair and requirements at the appointment time and not go straight to the op table at your set time?

yes :huh:

yes :huh:

well it could be a long time, haggling for this and that etc :lol:

Of course mate! Thats why Doc F likes his patients there early so that you can have an in depth consult prior to going into surgery :) All the best!!

I have now rearranged my hotel bookings to stay at the Andrew in order to comply with the HT requirements. Now my wife is pissed off with me as she thinks Great Neck is the most boring place in the world :rolleyes: I just can't win :rolleyes: Better to piss the wife off than the guy with a scalpel that's about to slice your head open though :D I can always get a new wife once my HT #2 hair grows out <_< Besides, my wife can easily get on the train from Great Neck into Manhattan to go to damn Macy’s (I don't know if it's just my wife or do all women like trailing round some crappy department store for hours on end :huh: ?). I think Macy's is the highlight of the whole trip for my wife :blink:

The "deluxe" room at The Andrew will cost $169 + tax/night after the medical discount. I phoned them to make the booking and had problems trying to spell out my name and email address over the phone - it's a lot easier by email. This is the email address I received confirmation from: guestservices@andrewhotel.com

I'll be careful not to use the phone there or touch the mini bar in the room <_<

The price isn't bad - cheaper than where I was going to stay in Manhattan. We're going to change to the hotel in Manhattan after the HT to keep the wife happy <_<

I think I'll get that photo BadhairUK posted of Macy's enlarged and framed and give it to my wife for a present - she'll be ecstatic :rolleyes:

You should get your wife down to Century21 - Thats where all the designer discounts are ;)

You should get your wife down to Century21 - Thats where all the designer discounts are ;)

Good plan :D Is that down town Manhattan? She can go alone as I hate shopping - I can relax at the hotel and drain the fluid from my head onto The Andrew pillows while she goes shopping :P

I have now rearranged my hotel bookings to stay at the Andrew in order to comply with the HT requirements.

Good news mate ! Now you dont have to worry about missing the train or the taxi driver not knowing how to get there :)

If I was you I would get your missus to get you a load of food in for when you get back to the hotel, I was starving when I finished. That is after she's been out spending most of your money :D

I have now rearranged my hotel bookings to stay at the Andrew in order to comply with the HT requirements.

Good news mate ! Now you dont have to worry about missing the train or the taxi driver not knowing how to get there :)

If I was you I would get your missus to get you a load of food in for when you get back to the hotel, I was starving when I finished. That is after she's been out spending most of your money :D

Thats a good idea about the food.. I had to eat a few of the snacks that were in the room as I needed some energy.. I left $20 under the snack basket so that should have covered the cost for the pretzels..lol.

Also... the TV doesnt have many good channels.. mostly local news and shopping stuff.. will definitly be worth taking some films to watch as they do have a DVD player in there.. (I think one of the pics shows this in the cabinet) I'm not sure if UK/PAL dvd's will work tho?

I won't have any money left after the HT and my wife's shopping spree at Macy's so I'll have to do without food :( I won't be able to exercise after the HT until I get my staples out so won't be burning many calories anyway.

So many guys have reported probems with taxis that I'm going to walk to the clinic and not risk waiting for a taxi that isn't going to turn up <_< There are always taxis outside the railway station in Great Neck when a train is due in from the City but at other times there don't seem to be that many around.

I left $20 under the snack basket so that should have covered the cost for the pretzels..lol.

I'm not sure if UK/PAL dvd's will work tho?

The cleaner probably nicked the $20 <_<

Century 21 is right next to Ground Zero! Your wife could very easily kill 5 hrs in there ;)..and your bank balance :blink:

will definitly be worth taking some films to watch as they do have a DVD player in there.. (I think one of the pics shows this in the cabinet) I'm not sure if UK/PAL dvd's will work tho?

You could just make "back-ups" on Nero of your DVDs and make them region free ;)

Do they have a Simpsons DVD at the clinic? I recently tried to make a copy of a DVD I'd rented but it was protected and Nero wouldn't copy it :unsure:

When I went for my first HT, there were only crappy DVD's I wasn't interested in, so I just stared out the window all day. If they had The Simpsons collection, I'd be able to watch that all day :D I've seen a Simpsons DVD advertized recently and I might get it... It probably won't work there though :unsure: I wonder if I could connect my laptop to their screen and watch it using my laptop DVD :unsure:

Has anybody taken their own DVD with them?

I could hook up a webcam to my laptop and let everybody watch my HT live :P

Spex: is there a WLAN at Feller Medical or a LAN connection point for an Ethernet cable in the operating room?

Do they have a Simpsons DVD at the clinic? I recently tried to make a copy of a DVD I'd rented but it was protected and Nero wouldn't copy it :unsure:

When I went for my first HT, there were only crappy DVD's I wasn't interested in, so I just stared out the window all day. If they had The Simpsons collection, I'd be able to watch that all day :D I've seen a Simpsons DVD advertized recently and I might get it... It probably won't work there though :unsure: I wonder if I could connect my laptop to their screen and watch it using my laptop DVD :unsure:

Has anybody taken their own DVD with them?

I could hook up a webcam to my laptop and let everybody watch my HT live :P

Spex: is there a WLAN at Feller Medical or a LAN connection point for an Ethernet cable in the operating room?

Are you sure you want to be laughing through the HT though? might give Dr F some problems with placement :D .

Im going for a week before mine, and will stay in the andrew just for the night of the op.

Are you sure you want to be laughing through the HT though? might give Dr F some problems with placement :D .

Im going for a week before mine, and will stay in the andrew just for the night of the op.

Hmmm... good point... I'd better watch something boring. Which days will you be there? I'm booked into the Andrew for three nights - the 6th, 7th and 8th.

Hmmm... good point... I'd better watch something boring. Which days will you be there? I'm booked into the Andrew for three nights - the 6th, 7th and 8th.

Im the week before you, the op on the 1st june so will stay in the Andrew on the 31st may. Will fly out on the 28th and back on the 4th. Weekend flights are quite expensive and probably JFK be ridiculously busy weekends, hopefully mondays aren't too bad.

Staying a Saturday night in NY makes the flights cheaper ;)

check out a new airline to NY from the UK

Zoom Airline