PB_

Pb_ Books Hotel

My flights were already booked but yesterday I booked my hotel - decided to go to the Broadway Plaza again - it is a bit expensive but I didn't want to take any risks and end up in some filthy dump like the Pennsylvania <_< I stayed at the Broadway Plaza last June when I went for consultations in New York and didn't find anything to complain about except for the price - it averages around $250/night <_< - I think the Andrew is just as expensive though. My wife didn't like Great Neck and wants to stay in Manhattan so that she can spend all my money (what's left of it after my HT :huh: ) at Maceys :o

Oh, and for any newbies going to Manhattan with wives that like shopping at Maceys, remember to go to the tourist office there and get a tax form, just show your passport and they will give you one - you can shop tax free after that and it makes a difference :D

My flights were already booked but yesterday I booked my hotel - decided to go to the Broadway Plaza again - it is a bit expensive but I didn't want to take any risks and end up in some filthy dump like the Pennsylvania <_< I stayed at the Broadway Plaza last June when I went for consultations in New York and didn't find anything to complain about except for the price - it averages around $250/night <_< - I think the Andrew is just as expensive though. My wife didn't like Great Neck and wants to stay in Manhattan so that she can spend all my money (what's left of it after my HT :huh: ) at Maceys :o

Oh, and for any newbies going to Manhattan with wives that like shopping at Maceys, remember to go to the tourist office there and get a tax form, just show your passport and they will give you one - you can shop tax free after that and it makes a difference :D

Good luck with it PB m8 :)

let us know what its like but i have been told i have to stay local to fellers office in great neck, which is fine by me as i am not planning on doing too much when i go there. manhattan is only 20 mins on the train though isn't it.. :unsure:

you are a regular visiter to ny pb. i would be getting lost for sure trying to get to fellers for 7am from manhattern as i heard a few have :huh:

good luck with it all B)

Broadway Plaza s a very nice hotel. Best of luck PB.

Let me know if you need any advice on fun stuff to do while in NYC. I'm an expert on the subject!!!!!

Paul

let us know what its like but i have been told i have to stay local to fellers office in great neck, which is fine by me as i am not planning on doing too much when i go there. manhattern is only 20 mins on the train though isn't it.. :unsure:

you are a regular visiter to ny pb. i would be getting lost for sure trying to get to fellers for 7am from manhattern as i heard a few have :huh:

good luck with it all B)

I've been to NY twice and to Great Neck three times, so I know how to get there ;) I'll still be in Euro time as my flight is during the day, so 7 am there is the afternoon here so it shouldn't be too difficult getting up early for the first couple of days. It takes between 30 and 40 minutes to get to Great Neck from Penn Station.

Broadway Plaza s a very nice hotel. Best of luck PB.

Let me know if you need any advice on fun stuff to do while in NYC. I'm an expert on the subject!!!!!

Paul

Advice is always welcome :D During my previous trips I've seen most of the main attractions such as the Empire State Building, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, saw a Broadway show, went on a cruise around Manhattan, went jogging all round Central Park, went into Trump Tower, walked from one end of Manhattan to the other... Let me know what else I should see/do.

I also got dragged around Maceys for hours on end :rolleyes:

Good luck PB :) I guess you wont need to be travelling to NY for a while after this time? Looking forward to hearing how it went when u get back.. safe journey dude. When in June are u flying out? How many FU are u going for? is it FUE this time?

;)

Wow PB you covered alot of NYC. If you're in the mood for a good steak. Try Keens at 72 W36th st. Also, if the Yankees are in town, try to get up to Yankee Stadium.

There are also great venues for every music taste. Let me know what you like and I'll direct you to a place.

Enjoy your stay!

Paul

Hi pb, i go in june also :) - the andrew is about $110 per night before asking for fller price, so long as it has clean sheets im happy:)

Good luck PB :) I guess you wont need to be travelling to NY for a while after this time? Looking forward to hearing how it went when u get back.. safe journey dude. When in June are u flying out? How many FU are u going for? is it FUE this time?

;)

I arrive there June 6th - going for strip - as much as he can get - I doubt it will be a large amount though as my donor is crap :(

Wow PB you covered alot of NYC. If you're in the mood for a good steak. Try Keens at 72 W36th st. Also, if the Yankees are in town, try to get up to Yankee Stadium.

There are also great venues for every music taste. Let me know what you like and I'll direct you to a place.

Enjoy your stay!

Paul

Thanks! I will be going down to Dallas and Phoenix for a while then back to New York, so I won't be in NY for long...

Hi pb, i go in june also :) - the andrew is about $110 per night before asking for fller price, so long as it has clean sheets im happy:)

Damn, I'm sure someone mentioned that it was over $200 a night :blink: If it's that cheap I might change. My wife is coming but at the Hotel Broadway Plaza the price was the same for 1 or two persons in the same room.

How much did others pay at the Andrew?

Good luck PB.

Thanks! (still got a month to go though)

Looks like your all set for June now PB. Booking a hotel can always be a headache. If you've been to a good hotel before, it's best to stick with it as trying a new one is always risky. I don't trust a lot of the reviews made in those hotel sites <_< . Thanks for the tax free shopping tip.. I had no idea about that! I hope you have a pleasant trip mate and good luck for the day of your surgery :D

Good luck PB, I am sure you will max out :)

I think 1664 must have meant £110 a night rather than $110

It was never that cheap when I rang them

Yes, £110 sounds more like it, unless he's booked into a closet and is going to sleep on a shelf or something :P

How much did others pay at the Andrew?

I paid about $260 for the delux room in Dec. I got an email from Feller Medical the next day to tell me I could get a discount.. but was too late as I had already paid. I was told it would have been $160 with discount.

It was a very clean room.. spotless. I am no expert with hotels but if you just want a spacious clean room with a plasma it does the job.

I took a few pics of the room I stayed in if anyones interested.. the only thing I would say is... when I stayed there I stayed in a room facing the front of the hotel looking out towards the station. The trains were quiet and didnt cause any probs but there was a very loud loose man hole cover in the road and when cars drove over it at 2am in the morning it was really loud, so I would try and get a room at the back of the hotel just incase. (p.s go easy on the snacks in the room as they are expensive...best to buy them outside the hotel somewhere + remember not to drink any alcohol before the surgery)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and PB's wife's fave place to flex the card... I had a hotdog of that bloke.. thats more in my league! lol

IPB Image

Very clear pics! Was it you that got ripped off with phone calls at the Andrew?

Looks like your all set for June now PB. Booking a hotel can always be a headache. If you've been to a good hotel before, it's best to stick with it as trying a new one is always risky.

Yeah, you are right... I'll stick with the Broadway Plaza. And the same goes for HT docs as goes for hotels - don't take any risks ;)

Very clear pics! Was it you that got ripped off with phone calls at the Andrew?

I think that was Zip-It :) I think he called home and found the bill was a bit crazy. That was good advice he gave to use your mobile instead of the hotel phone. I made sure I asked the guys that had been to the Andrew for Taxi tel numbers so I could call them myself.

Call your mobile phone provider before going abroad and get them to change your traffic so that calls /texts/recieved calls are all cheaper via your mobile ;)

The best of luck pb, i cant believe its its nearly june :huh:

yes it was me who got ripped off with the phone call <_<

my extras came to more than $500 and most of that was a 15 min phone call

:o i hope they have got there act together, then the taxi booked for 7am

the night before, turned up at 7.45, ime sorry but i didnt rate it,

anyway hears hoping for a high graft count, the best of luck and have a safe trip :D

Looks like I booked too early <_< I just received an email saying that I am REQUIRED to stay in one of the hotels in Great Neck. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Looks like I booked too early <_< I just received an email saying that I am REQUIRED to stay in one of the hotels in Great Neck. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

WHY :unsure:

So that I won't be late <_<

Spex says he will sort it out :) I think I woke him up (sorry mate) :unsure:

I'll have to have a word with Dr Feller about giving Spex a salary increase :D

anyway hears hoping for a high graft count, the best of luck and have a safe trip :D

Thanks, let's hope I get there :unsure: The flights are always delayed or cancelled... I have allowed an extra day for late flights and other cock-ups that always seem to happen when I travel :rolleyes:

I almost got arrested last time when the dickhead IPB Image immigration agent looked my name up wrong and my finger prints didn't match :rolleyes: so who knows what could happen this time.

The fact you have been to Fellers office several times already and know your way round etc I would have thought that you will be able to get to Feller office on time mate ;)

The reason that Dr Feller requires guys to stay close the night prior to surgery is because 75%+ of people who travel to see him for surgery are always late :rolleyes: Don't ask me why <_<

7.30/7.45am to some people seems a little too early to be at his office and some people have even turned up at midday without even an apology <_< This frustrates Feller who is there early ready to get started for the patient in order to give him/her the best results possible so that time doesn't hinder surgery.

You are booked in at your city hotel already so no worries mate - leave it with me and i will sort it out with Marcia (who is only following Fellers orders)

Note: Anyone who is travelling to see Doc F for the first time you will need to stay local to his offices the night prior to your session. Marcia will email you a number of hotels - There is also info on my web site under "Travel"

LOL - You did wake me up mate as it was 11.30 pm and even though it was Friday night - I am a married man and like to be tucked up early with the Mrs ;)

I'm worried now... like what if the train is late or cancelled :unsure: I'll check the day before that there aren't any problems with the trains and set off early enough to be there in extra good time and early enough to get there by taxi if there are train problems. Has anybody been from Central Manhattan to Feller Medical by taxi? How long does it take by taxi? I may try and change my hotel arrangements but it's difficult as I booked on-line and on-line booking can't be changed by calling the hotel directly as it goes through some hotel booking agency.

For those going for a HT and haven't yet booked a hotel, these are the hotels I was ordered <_< to use in the recent email (could have done with being told this a little earlier <_< ):

The Royal Inn (ask for Dr. Feller’s discount)

1177 Northern Blvd.

Manhasset, NY

Phone: 516.627.5300

The Andrew (ask for medical rate)

75 North Station Plaza

Great Neck, NY 11021

Phone: 516.482.2900

Inn at Great Neck

30 Cuttermill Rd

Great Neck, NY

Phone: 516.773.2000

Has anybody stayed in one of these hotels other than the Andrew? I guess The Royal Inn is the closest as it is on Northern Blvd (?).